PDA

View Full Version : I need some support and advice. :)

MissCharizard
January 25th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I recently cut my hair from BSL/Midback to chin. I don't like my new length, but at the end of last year I lost great amounts of hair. I don't know why it happened but my hair ended up very thin, lank, and unsightly. I was devastated. We even had to snake the shower because I completely clogged the drain.

I cut it up to shoulders but it still looked lank, thin, and lifeless. So today I got a chin length bob. My question is does anyone have any idea why so much hair would fall out over the course of a month? It happened around the time I stopped coloring my hair with even henna or semi-perms for awhile. (I am going virgin, which I guess the chin length chopped helped with because I am almost all virgin now.)

I've been trying to grow my hair for about two years now and I feel pretty defeated.I was wondering if anyone knew how to encourage regrowth or if anyone else has been set-back like I have been. I feel like it's a losing battle with my hair, I constantly hear from people that my hair is thin and it's upsetting. :( (The bob makes it look thicker which I guess is a plus.)

Madora
January 25th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Perhaps what you're using on your hair is the culprit.

Also, since you lost so much hair, I'd definitely schedule an appointment with your physician to check your blood for anemia..and also your thyroid.

Eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of rest will help your hair, plus gentle products. To protect the ends, you might want to consider a silk pillowcase.

Good luck!

MissCharizard
January 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Ah yes, I have a lovely pink silk pillowcase that I love. I guess I should go to the doctor to get bloodwork done, thank you.

moxamoll
January 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'd definitely start with the blood work. If that doesn't turn up anything definitive, maybe think about working with a nutritionist or naturopath, so look at your lifestyle and diet for possible culprits. In the meantime, do your best to baby it and don't stress about it too much - that sure won't help it to thicken up!

Good luck!

jacqueline101
January 25th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I'd get lab work if your hair is falling out in large amounts. Mean time try eating a healthy diet take hair skin and nail vitamins. I'd also use monistat once you get your hair healthy to help grow the length out.

patienceneeded
January 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I agree with the PP's. Loosing that much hair in a short amount of time calls for a visit to your Dr. There are several (treatable) medical conditions that could cause hair loss like that. Get right, get plenty of rest, exercise, and call your Dr.

mzBANGBANG
January 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I went through similar while I was eating a vegan diet (and not in the healthy way, I was practically starving myself). For me, it ended up being a combo of stress and diet, but it's really hard to say exactly what it could be. I agree with the other replies that bloodwork is the next step in finding out the culprit. Once I started eating fish again, my hair got thicker and stopped falling out, hopefully it's an easy fix like that!

Sushi144
January 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I agree with the other posters : check your blood and thyroid, eat well and try to avoid stress situation. Short version : take care of you !

Out of topic : nice signature pic ! :)