PDA

View Full Version : Before & After pics: cut off damaged hair & did an Aphogee treatment

TropicalBreeze
January 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Last week I posted a picture and asked if my hair was damaged and the answer was yes. So I cut off the ends and did an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment which is recommended for damaged hair. I have been doing Aphogee treatments for 6 months or so but I can never tell if it really helps. Does my hair look less damaged? Thanks in advance!

Before:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5647/img01055.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img01055.jpg/)

After:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8530/img01056.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/img01056.jpg/)

Maktub
January 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I think your ends look much better !
for the treatment, if you don't feel a difference, you might like to try a moisturising treatment instead of a protein one. Many people's hair do not like protein, and too much protein can lead to problems.

Keeping your hair well moisturised and being gentle with it (try to avoid chemicals, chemical colors, heat, comb gently as if it was lace, keep the ends trimmed every couple months to prevent damage, etc.) will enable it to grow lots and lots !

Happy growing and do not hesitate if you have questions ! That is what LHC is for !

Amber_Maiden
January 25th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Definitely looks better!!! As your hair grows, you might want to dust your ends or do microtrims to take off more of the damage.

spidermom
January 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM
It looks so much better!

beachgirlla
January 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Huge difference, amazing how some good trim will help, may be the trim alone helped, I wish I can trim my hair, but I don't want to, lol

ladonna
January 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Wow looks like 2 different heads of hair! Woo Hoo!

lunamummy
January 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Big difference - look at that great shine!

IubireaDraga
January 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Your hair looks so much healthier!! The hemline is much thicker!! Good luck with the growing :)

ibleedlipstick
January 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
What an enormous difference! Your hair looks fantastic.

CarpeDM
January 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Your hair looks so much healthier now, congrats!

AMW
January 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
What a difference! You hair looks great. I also had to take almost 2 in off this month because of damage ... It seems counterproductive since we are trying to get long hair, but I always feel better after a trim!

Achtland
January 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM
What a transformation! Very nice base to start growing some serious length into now :cheer:

newbeginning
January 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Looks great.

lunalocks
January 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
VERY nice!

Dragon
January 26th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I agree it looks better.

Buffy
January 26th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Ow, huge difference!!! Well done girl! Looks so much better! Try doing moisturising treatments as well! It's pretty much necessary when doing a protein treatment

linnepinne
January 26th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Big difference, absolutely! And I second trying some moisturizing treatments instead. My hair is the type that hates protein. It becomes so dry and brittle from it.
I would suggest SMT (cone free condish+honey+aloe vera gel), and also oiling has really helped my hair. I do both over night oilings the day before washing, and post washing very light oilings. I use EVOO, but you will have to experiment to find which oil is perfect for your hair. Many on this forum has had great success with coconut oil.
For me, oiling is what has made the most difference in my hairs health and appearence.

Grow on!

misspurdy06
January 26th, 2012, 02:41 AM
it somehow looks longer

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Your hair looks better. Its healthier looking.

hellucy
January 26th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Wow, your hair actually looks longer now its been cut! The hemline is much fuller. Your hair looks so shiny too.

jojo
January 26th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Yes it does look a lot better, so happy the aphogee worked for you, your hair looks beautiful now. :) :) :) :)

B-L
January 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Very nice! Much better.

And I second on moisture treatmant as well to give your hair the best of everything :)

TropicalBreeze
January 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Thank you all for the supportive comments. It's hard to tell on your own hair if it has improved or how it looks from the back. Thanks again, I appreciate it! :)

maskedrose
January 26th, 2012, 07:05 AM
MUCH better! Love your new ends, and I'm sure you'll be much happier with them as you grow. Just remember to keep up with small trims - it may slow your progress down a little, but I've always chosen healthy, thick ends over length :)

PixxieStix
January 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Oh, congratulations on how much healthier your hair is looking! I'd keep up with microtrims and S&D to prevent further damage, get some good weekly deep conditioning treatments going and you'll be amazed at how much healthier your hair will be as it grows. And don't forget to protect those ends! :D

Indyanna
January 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Looking Good!!!

MissHair
January 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Your hair looks alot healthier. Don't even question it. It looks amazing!

bunzfan
January 26th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Wow what a difference your hair looks fantastic now :hifive:

Vallena
January 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Your hemline is so full now, and your hair is so much shinier and happier looking! Even though you cut a bit off, it doesn't look dramatically shorter, and the length that is there looks longer in its own way! As far as hair not 'feeling' different, oiling has helped mine a great deal!

Calaelen
January 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM
The ends look so much better. That said, I think your hair may be suffering an overload of protein, and you may need to look into strictly moisturizing shampoo/conditioner, and deep treatments.

Hollyfire3
January 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
An amazing and wonderful difference! I third the moisture part, protein overload is scary (i say so from experience) but it IS fixable if that does turn out to be the problem. Just keep up with trims and deep treatments, and your hair will be longer in no time!

oktobergoud
January 26th, 2012, 12:33 PM
It looks a lot better, way more healthy and thick! :)

lapushka
January 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
The ends look nice and thick. I agree, it looks so much better. I also agree with the moisture treatments that have been mentioned. Try that some time!

BlazingHeart
January 26th, 2012, 01:52 PM
The cut was a great move. I think you need moisture more than you need protein right now. How does your hair feel to the touch? Also, if you are using a brush, I would suggest moving over to a wide tooth comb, it will break up your waves less which will look shinier.

TropicalBreeze
January 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
BlazingHeart my hair feels very soft to the touch. We had soft water put in recently and that has really helped with the dryness. I do use a brush. I think I need to stay away from brushes. I'm one of those lunatics who forcefully yanks out tangles on my wet hair after showers. I'm learning - slowly but surely.

Red Rapunzel
January 26th, 2012, 03:33 PM
TropicalBreeze: Looks much thicker and healthier!! Nice color!! Keep up the treatments - they're working!

Macaroni
January 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
That is a very big difference, nice!