PDA

View Full Version : first time toadstooler

Carissamarie08
January 25th, 2012, 12:31 PM
So I kept hearing about the Toadstools Soaps products off of Etsy, and ordered a bunch of stuff to try out. Ive never used anything like this stuff so it was quite different for me! I did like the shampoo, however I wasn't a huge fan of the conditioner..just wasn't quite conditioning enough for me, but it all smells really good! Great customer service as well. I don't know if I will be purchasing anymore Toadstool products but it was worth a shot, I love trying new things.

Phalaenopsis
January 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I'm following this thread. I kept hearing about it too. I'm curious :)

Lapin
January 25th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I got my first bottle in the mail yesterday, and I'm faaarrrrr too excited about using it tonight! :cheese: I went with the honeybee scent, hopefully it will blend nicely with my various oils and odors.

This website has done weird things to my thought-process.

Inicdentally, there's a big ol' thread on toadstool shampoo and conditioner over in the conventional items forum.

Long_hair_bear
January 25th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I love toadstool stuff but am trying nightbloomings stuff after reading rave reviews. :D

Carissamarie08
January 25th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I will probably have to give that a try next.

CarpeDM
January 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Ironically enough I just started using her shampoo and conditioner and love them!

Carissamarie08
January 25th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I really liked the shampoo a lot. The conditioner just seemed almost to runny.

amantha
January 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I just got her shampoo, leave-in, and deep conditioner in blue lilac in the mail today! I can't wait to try it tomorrow. Although I'll probably have to clarify first since my old shampoo/conditioner have cones in them and I want to try this using this stuff to be cone-free for a bit.

spike316
January 25th, 2012, 03:07 PM

If you try out her products again I would recommend getting some of the deep conditioner to use instead if the regular isn't conditioning enough.

Long_hair_bear
January 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Ya, the deep condish is very thick and creamy. That's what I use. My hair always needs extra moisture. :confused:

Lapin
January 26th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Oh, this shampoo is :magic:
My hair is so clean and soft today! And my hair-trigger allergies seem to be good too!

islandboo
January 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
The runny stuff is the leave-in. I use it after another in shower conditioner for extra softness. I also sometimes add a drop of oil before applying to my ends. Right after I put it on my hair is almost impossible to detangle but if you wait for it to dry it combs through without any trouble

PixxieStix
January 26th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I've wanted to try her shampoo, but I can't justify it until the stuff I have runs out, and considering I mix it 50/50 with coconut oil, that might be a very long time. I hear amazing reviews all the time. Has anyone tried her Shea body butters?

Long_hair_bear
January 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I've wanted to try her shampoo, but I can't justify it until the stuff I have runs out, and considering I mix it 50/50 with coconut oil, that might be a very long time. I hear amazing reviews all the time. Has anyone tried her Shea body butters?

No, but I've used her bath mousse and goat milk lotion both in lilac! Can we say magic?

BrightEyes
January 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM

This was my experience too. Loved the shampoo, but the conditioner was too runny and wasn't moisturizing enough. I also got the deep conditioner, but wasn't very impressed with it as a DT. I need to try it as a regular rinse-out conditioner. I do love the scents though. Milk and honey smells heavenly.

Carissamarie08
January 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I got a body butter and didn't like it much....it starts to like peel off my skin its weird.

Mina17
January 26th, 2012, 05:44 PM
This was my experience too. Loved the shampoo, but the conditioner was too runny and wasn't moisturizing enough. I also got the deep conditioner, but wasn't very impressed with it as a DT. I need to try it as a regular rinse-out conditioner. I do love the scents though. Milk and honey smells heavenly.

Milk and honey is my favorite! I even got one of her roll on perfumes in that scent. It smells so nice and you can wear it anywhere without worrying about offending anyone. I get lots of compliments on it.

I've used the leave-in conditioner, but I also feel it's not moisturizing enough on its own.. I had to use a rinse out conditioner along with it. The deep conditioner actually worked well for that purpose, but it's really too expensive for that.

Long_hair_bear
January 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I use the deep condishas my regular condish and use oil as my leave in. I also have her roll on perfume in blue lilac. I love it. :D

PixxieStix
January 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I got a body butter and didn't like it much....it starts to like peel off my skin its weird.

Oh, that's a pity. I mean, I make my own but it is a butter with no water component, and hers has water in it (which makes it need a preservative, but oh well) which in theory should be more moisturizing for the skin than what I use, but the peeling sounds weird. Maybe that's another concoction I'll have to learn to do on my own. I really, really want to try her miniskirt shampoo though, so bad!

Carissamarie08
February 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Almost finished with my shampoo...debating on if I want to order more of this stuff. I know I will not be getting the conditioner as its def not conditioning enough for my hair.

Zhennni(:
February 19th, 2012, 08:38 PM
the shampoo didnt lather for me and it felt waxy:( did anyone experince this with the shampoo too? I really liked the deep conditioner, but the leave in was just okay. I guess it is because it contains glycerin and I live in a dry area....

Carissamarie08
February 19th, 2012, 08:42 PM
The shampoo didn't lather for you? That's crazy! It lathers extremely well for me.

islandboo
February 19th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, mine lathers up really well, too. I'd convo her and see what she thinks might be going on.

Magicknthenight
February 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
the shampoo didnt lather for me and it felt waxy:( did anyone experince this with the shampoo too? I really liked the deep conditioner, but the leave in was just okay. I guess it is because it contains glycerin and I live in a dry area....

I wonder if it has something to do with your water...

amantha
February 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
My shampoo lathers really well but my hair did tend to feel A LITTLE waxy afterward. But it wasn't gross feeling and after using it a few times my hair did feel a lot softer. I really don't like her deep conditioner though, which sucks because I really wanted to. It actually makes my hair feel drier after I put it on and then makes it a tangled mess. I use another cone-free conditioner instead that works better. As well as her shampoo, I love her leave-in too though.

I would ask her what's up because it should lather.