PDA

View Full Version : hair type?

sfgirl
January 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I think I might be a 1b, or a 1c, but I can't decide. My hair is really straight, except for one weirdish curve or two. I apologize for the poor quality picture. It's a phone pic and my roots are grown out. :(
http://i44.tinypic.com/hsmf6s.jpg

ttverdy
January 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I would say 1c , because we can clearly see a big wave happening, but it's hard to tell! the big wave in the back of your head is slightly confusing because it looks like it could be caused at least partially by the shape of your neck/nape. :)

sfgirl
January 24th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I know! My hair is really fine, and I don't get this when my hair gets "fluffy" from dryness, or blowdrying.
That's why I'm so confused. I might take a picture when it gets more "fluffy".
Thank you

pepperminttea
January 24th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Is that after air-drying with no touching or brushing/combing? (If so, I'm in complete envy; mine never looks that tidy without combing!)

Katze
January 25th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Is your hair brushed, blowdried, or styled in any way? The best way to know if you are a wavy - and it sounds like you might be - is to show us a pic of your hair air-dried and totally unmanipulated. No product, no combing, etc. (I know, it's hard).

My hair used to look like yours when I was younger. I could never figure out the 'bumps' in it. Now that I treat it as if it is wavy hair (which it is on about half my head) I have spiral ringlets. Still have frizz, though!

The fluffiness you describe could be wavy frizziness, but it could just be dry hair - sometimes they are one and the same, sometimes not!

Knotted
January 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Sometimes while my hair is drying (straight down) I sit down at the computer and without meaning to my head kind of tilts back. This causes a bump (like yours) to form since my hair dries with my head tilted back. I notice another bump if I let my hair dry down while wearing a hoodie.

sfgirl
January 26th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Thank you everyone! This is my hair after brushing and a day without washing. I have to comb my hair a lot, because it tangles like no other! That might be the bleach damage, but I've always had that problem I think. I will take a picture tomorrow of my hair after a shower, I couldn't do anything today because I was traveling.
I do always get on my computer though after I take a shower, so that might be it. The way my hair dries affects my hair a lot.
I've also noticed when I don't use cones, my hair looks wavier. I'm a heavy cone user right now because it's the only way to get my hair to look healthy and not tangle. However, I'm hoping once I have more hair that is non damaged I can go cone free. :) I'd love to have actual wavy hair, I'm sure my hair would look a lot more full.