PDA

View Full Version : Nothing has wanted to make me get a LOOONG layered cut like this..

Calaelen
January 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
SO, I may have to impose the 2 week rule. If I could get a layered cut like this but only lose an inch or so of length I think I'd have to go for it.

also, wow talent. (yeah, I'm a metalhead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV8dUxwy3FY

Thoughts?

Nedertane
January 24th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Heh, hoping my hair will look something like that once it reaches waist (though not as thick and dark, I'm sad to say). And don't worry, I'm a metalhead too!

battles
January 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Her hair is gorgeous! Definitely two week rule, though.

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Its a great cut and I agree about the two week rule.

ellen732
January 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I say forget the two week rule and go for it, such a pretty shape for a long hair style :)

Kristin
January 24th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I think you should wait the two weeks to be sure, but then go for it! Layers are awesome!

same_as
January 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I've always loved layers on folks with thick and wavy-curly hair, it lightens up the hair and adds some bounce where the weight might have been pulling the kinks out.

I'd say wait your two weeks just to make sure, and then go for it! I imagine my hair looking something like that when it's longer :crush:. She has gorgeous hair. Plus I think the belly dancing to metal is way cool 8)

UltraBella
January 24th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I love it ! Probably because it reminds me of the layers I had when my hair was TBL.

turtlelover
January 24th, 2012, 09:09 PM
LOVE her hair! I would totally do it -- but agree that the 2 week rule is a good idea just to be sure!

CurlyCap
January 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I think it's a beautiful haircut that only emphasizes the length of her hair. If you have the hair type for it, go for it!

tinywife
January 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Her hair is my dream hair, except mine would be classic. If you can do this, I don't blame you at all.

holomi
January 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Wow, her hair is lovely. And her dancing!!! *gasp*

Yame
January 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Oh, it's Foroogh! I "know" her :)

She has the hair type to pull that off, though. She has thick hair and lots of it. I could never pull off layers like that, I don't have enough hair for it!

Hypatia415
January 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I love it! Apart from color, it's my dream hair!

sugarpixie10988
January 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Ooo, I really, really love that cut! Definitely wait the two weeks though :)

DakarNick
January 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
What hemline do you have now? 43.5" is classic on you? I like the layers also!

Calaelen
January 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
ah yes, now let me add the things that make me wonder if I should do it. My ultimate goal is about mid calf, and my hair is going to be purple, maybe forever because I've given up caring what real people think.

Would a one time long layer allow me to get to my knee length, plus, goal with some shape to it? and would it look good purple??

ETA:my hair is now over 44 inches, and it is at upper thigh, it is VERY thick, but fine, and with just enough wave to give it some shape, it isn't pin straight, but nowhere near actually wavy. the underlayer has it's own thoughts, and is wavier than the rest, sometimes even gets little spiral curls at the nape..

Revontuletar
January 24th, 2012, 10:14 PM
YAY Epica! She has lovely hair too! You would have to have thick hair to pull it off, though.

Amanecer
January 24th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I had never seen anything like this video before, but I thought the dance was just as cool as her hair! :)

honeydippedxo
January 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM
That's how I want my hair too when my hair grows long but I don't know if I would go for it because every time I go for layers they end up doing a really choppy crappy ass job that I fully regret afterwards. I'd have to find a super trustworthy hair stylist that doesn't have a "thing" for short hair.

Toadstool
January 25th, 2012, 01:07 AM
I had never seen anything like this video before, but I thought the dance was just as cool as her hair! :)
Me too,made me want to take up bellydancing!:cool:

MonaLisa
January 25th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Love it! Dream hair! Just a tiny bit longer perhaps!

Dragon
January 25th, 2012, 03:45 AM
ah yes, now let me add the things that make me wonder if I should do it. My ultimate goal is about mid calf, and my hair is going to be purple, maybe forever because I've given up caring what real people think.

Would a one time long layer allow me to get to my knee length, plus, goal with some shape to it? and would it look good purple??

ETA:my hair is now over 44 inches, and it is at upper thigh, it is VERY thick, but fine, and with just enough wave to give it some shape, it isn't pin straight, but nowhere near actually wavy. the underlayer has it's own thoughts, and is wavier than the rest, sometimes even gets little spiral curls at the nape..

I’m not sure if it would affect you getting to knee plus but it might be worth waiting till you get to your goal first. Also about the purple, I think it would look cool.

beckishness
January 25th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Now I want hair like hers! I would stick with the two week rule just in case, but besides that I say try it out, the cut looks amazing. :)

newbeginning
January 25th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I agree....beautiful hair with great layers. If you decide to cut it like that post some pictures for us to see.

B-L
January 25th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Wait a week.. and then do it!!! :D
I love the layers. I have layer to but mine are so uneven :( I'm waiting for my hair to grow longer, and then I'm gonna try to get hair just like that! :pray:
I think she has beautiful hair, she so pretty to.. AND talented! Love the mix of orient and heavy metal :D

Aliantha
January 25th, 2012, 06:27 AM
The dancer's hair is gorgeous, so if you have thick hair, too, I'd say go for it!
Wish I could dance like she does...

littleizz
January 25th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Wow! I know I'm newish here, but I was expecting a lot of anti-layer comments. I have a ton of layers, the last time I cut my hair I literally just took everything STRAIGHT UP over my head and cut it all the same length. They are the best, they look totally rock star when I used to straighten them and they really lightened up my hair to be able to curl better naturally, too. The only thing is they WILL make braids and updos more annoying. But I definitely say go for it!!

PixxieStix
January 25th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Her hair is gorgeous, and it's cool to see such non-traditional music used for bellydance, that was really neat!

HintOfMint
January 25th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I love it! Then again, I'm biased, I have layers like that and it's about the same length too. I wonder how she gets her ends to not be so fluffy though, that's always been a problem of mine.

spidermom
January 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Very pretty; I love it.

I used to practice belly dance to heavy metal quite often because I enjoyed it more than Middle Eastern music.

Calaelen
January 25th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I've decided I don't need the two week rule at all, my goal for 2012 was to thicken up my hemline as there is taper. Once I get to 44" hair that is about the same thickness from root to tip, I'll reconsider this again. :) Still going purple in Mid February, and still going to micro trim through the year, to thicken up my ends.

kitschy
January 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
What hair?

My gosh, she is beautiful and talented!

Ligeia_13
January 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
That's the kind of hair I want if it ever reaches my goal :)

And just imagining it in purple...You'll look like a fairy ^_^

PrairieRose
January 25th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cool video! Very very cool hair!

Nightshade
January 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I would LOVE a cut like that, but I have ii hair and I think you need iii to pull it off with a thick hemline, which you have :)

Phalaenopsis
January 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Oh my god, I fell in love with that cut. It's gorgeous. Seriously contemplating this too now...
I wonder if you could get that with a self trim ponytail method?

Alvrodul
January 25th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Completely swoonworthy hair! :thudpile:
I can only gaze in envy at her hair - my hair really isn't thick enough for something like that - I like a nice and well-defined hemline, and If I were going to get layers, I'd end up with fairytale ends, which can be nice, but is not something I want.
Lovely music as well! *sighs happily*

dwell_in_safety
January 25th, 2012, 01:58 PM
*_* Go for it! I want to as well now, when my hair is longer.

ibleedlipstick
January 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I want, both her body and her hair. Wow.

adiapalic
January 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Beautiful hair! I also wanna learn how to belly dance too... looks so fun!

blondie9912
January 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
It's a beautiful haircut! I'm not a huuuge fan of completely blunt haircuts, most textures look better/are emphasized more with layers. :)

einna
January 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
That looks beautiful! Only thing is I might want the fornt layers a little bit longer. My layers are that lenght, and the stick out of every bun and braid I make. Something to consider..

alyanna
January 25th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Well judging by your hair type, you definitely have what it takes to pull off that look. Which is beautiful. So I'd say go for it!

princessp
January 25th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Very cool video, she's both beautiful and talented. And as for the cut go for it! :)

Quezie
January 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Definitely need the right hair type for it, a cut like that on my very straight hair just looks limp. ): But if you have the pretty waviness it's beautiful!

I love Epica. And I love belly-dance. That was wonderful. <3

maskedrose
January 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I love it, and definitely think you should go for it! My hair is on the upper end of ii, but I have long layers that I adore...so for those of you who think you *need* iii hair to pull this off, you don't :) I have way more body and wave with my layers, and I wouldn't give them up for the world!

long.again
January 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I'm at the lower end of a ii and told myself that I would cut layers when I hit APL, so I did a while back. I love it. It added so much movement to my hair. The ends of the shorter layers do stick out of some styles but I'm very happy that I added layers - even with my thin hair. I do have wave though, so I agree that makes a difference. It was very sad to cut inches off my shortest layers though. And it looks shorter from the front than it does from the back too. I'd love hair like in the video, I hope I am at that length someday.

unknown
January 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
My hair is layered just like that, I love it! For braids/buns I just dampen my hair a little, apply some mousse and no pieces are sticking out.

MandyBeth
January 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
If you've got enough hair, go for it! Back before the post-surgery permashed, I had clearly iii hair and was going to go for a cut like that. Down to a ii, maybe iii - nope, not enough.

FrozenBritannia
January 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Wow she has amazing hair IMO. I think it must be really thick though, and I wonder if she had to use rollers or anything?

palaeoqueen
January 29th, 2012, 04:08 AM
That is stunningly beautiful hair. My hair is very fine and there's hardly anything there if I squeeze it into a ponytail but... when I wear it down and wavy it has masses of volume and movement so I'm hopeful that I might be able to try something similar at least when my hair is long enough :)

Phenomenality
January 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hi all.. This is my very first post. :) Here is a photo of my hair in the summer of 2010, so its longer now, but my layering is very similar.. Hers looks more healthy than mine does though.. I'm still working on getting that healthy look. My ends look dry and thin comparably unfortunately..

Thoughts? :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/37235_407479328732_524198732_4567265_3287577_n.jpg

lacefrost
January 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM
While I respect your decision to thicken up your hemline. . .I was really looking forward to seeing thigh+ purple layered hair. It would be so beautiful!

MagicAndMayhem
February 2nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Serious hair envy right now. Plus she's gorgeous. Plus Epica<3