PDA

View Full Version : Volumizer recommendations for bangs?

HintOfMint
January 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
My bangs tend to get really wispy and stringy. Also my bang area is the thinnest part of my hair, even though the rest of my hair is fairly thick. I'm almost sure it's always been like that, so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Anyhoo, I'm washing my bangs every day to strip the oil and keep it from getting stringy, but I was hoping for some sort of volumizer recommendations. I'm keeping my bangs so I don't really care how damaging it is, seeing as how I'm trimming it fairly regularly.

kitten1986
January 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM
You could try a dry shampoo or a texturising powder

Gingerbear
January 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I second that! Dry shampoo is the best for stringy bangs.

kidari
January 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I also agree with dry shampoo... my favorite ones are Batiste and Salon Graffix.

spike316
January 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I also recommend dry shampoo (or corn/tapioca starch) and it'd save you from having to shampoo everyday! Win win!

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I'd try a dry shampoo or maybe curl them or try a style that would give them volume.

lunalocks
January 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I get volume by 1. never conditioning my bangs and 2. spritzing on john Master's Sea Mist Spray on my damp hair. I fluff with my fingers as they dry.

shikara
January 25th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I dont condition my bangs either. I do use a cueling iron on them quickly, give them a gentle lift or shape with a comb, spray, and if I need to do it agaon, I do. You might even try a different shampoo just for your bangs - if you use cones try something without, if your shampoo doesnt have any protein in try one, or perhaps a volumizung shampoo. I think bangs are so much fun!!

manderly
January 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
My bangs tend to get really wispy and stringy. Also my bang area is the thinnest part of my hair, even though the rest of my hair is fairly thick. I'm almost sure it's always been like that, so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Anyhoo, I'm washing my bangs every day to strip the oil and keep it from getting stringy, but I was hoping for some sort of volumizer recommendations. I'm keeping my bangs so I don't really care how damaging it is, seeing as how I'm trimming it fairly regularly.

Have you ever considered cutting thicker bangs if your overall thickness can handle it? More hair would give more volume :)

And I second everyone else's advice so far.

terryn
January 25th, 2012, 10:04 PM
This might be worth a shot, but I have heard of using salt water on hair to give it more volume. I use salt water in my dreads, a very light dilution - it should taste like tears, not any saltier - to help them knot up better, so I imagine salt makes your hair rub against itself more which would create volume.

Hollyfire3
January 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM
You could try a bit of mousse in the amp bangs then blowdry them with a round brush? I do this with my chin length bangs sometimes and let the rest of my hair dry naturally.

lunalocks
January 25th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Re: Volumizer recommendations for bangs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This might be worth a shot, but I have heard of using salt water on hair to give it more volume. I use salt water in my dreads, a very light dilution - it should taste like tears, not any saltier - to help them knot up better, so I imagine salt makes your hair rub against itself more which would create volume".

Actually, the salt water seems to make the individual hairs repel each other. When the hair dries, it is fluffy. If I did not use it, my bangs would lie limp. (never use on dry hair, ony damp)

Jessykins
January 26th, 2012, 03:02 PM
i always find my bangs have more volume after using dry shampoop :)

KahRistAhn
January 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Sometimes I put a little roller in my bangs when they're drying. Could be worth a shot?

Honestwitness
January 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I make three stand-up pincurls with my bangs in the morning before work. First I section them out from my longer hair, then moisten them with water and/or a little bit of mousse or gel, then carefully roll them and hold them with a snap clip or a "klippie." That's what we called them in the 1950s.

My bangs are dry by the time I get to work, so I remove the clips while I'm still in my car and comb when I get inside.

Once in a while, I use a curling iron, if I'm in a hurry. I also finish just the bangs with hairspray. My bangs are best if they come to about half an inch below my eyebrows. Any shorther than that and they don't have enough volume.

GoldberryHair
January 26th, 2012, 08:25 PM
You can always tease them gently,

OR

When I used to have bangs and wanted volume, I'd wet them down in the morning, pin/clip them completely backwards/opposite and let it air dry (or blow fry if you are short on time) while I did my make up, made tea, etc, and when I took them down it was like VOOM!