PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

ClassicalBlonde
January 24th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone, my hair has gone terribly wrong in the past month or so and as I am completely new to the world of healthy hair, I have no idea about how to fix it and would like as much advice as you can give me!

Ok, so I have been using Organic Care shampoo and conditioner for around 3 years now and my hair has always been great. I discovered ACV rinses about a year ago and have been doing them reguarly, but about a month ago something changed all of a sudden, literally almost over night, and since then my hair has looked and felt like greasy, stringy plastic.

It feels like a massive buildup of some kind but I am not sure what kind. I have done ACV rinses every second day for the past fortnight but it has made absolutely no difference. I have experimented by adding a good amount of proteins to water and spraying my hair with it thoroughly to see if it revolts but it made no difference so I don't think it's protein overload.

Another thing that may help is that the greasy, stringy, plastic feel is usually much worse when my hair is wet. It still feels coated and limp and stringy but it doesn't feel quite as much like plastic and it is relatively soft. Lately though, it has started to persist even after it has dried. I just don't know what I can do to get my hair back to normal :(

Sorry for the long post and thanks for taking the time to read it!

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Have you tried a regular clarifying shampoo? It might work and then rinse with white distilled vinegar.

BeccaAngel
January 24th, 2012, 04:30 PM
have you tried a natural clarifying shampoo? it helps get rid of build up

spidermom
January 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
It sounds like buildup. You can use a clarifying shampoo or dilute about 1 tsp to 1 tbsp of baking soda in a pint of warn water and pour slowly through your hair. Personally, I'd go for the shampoo as baking soda dries my hair out.

BrightEyes
January 24th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I would agree with the others and try a clarifying shampoo. I use Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo and it gets whatever gunk I have on my hair right off. Then I would suggest doing a moisture treatment afterward because the shampoo can be a little drying.

Fairlight63
January 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM
How much ACV are you using to water? If I use too much vinegar my hair feels weird. I use 1 tab. to 8 oz. water & pour over my hair.

Zesty
January 24th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I would clarify, as others have said. ACV rinse is not clarifying, it just smooths the cuticle down and returns the hair's natural pH levels.

ClassicalBlonde
January 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone for responding so quickly. I'll go out and get a good clarifying shampoo and see how it goes. Thanks!

justgreen
January 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
You might wanna lay off the ACV for a while after you have clarified. Too much of a good thing..... Also, be sure to condition well after clarifying, with a good 'rich' conditioner.

AMW
January 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM
This happened to me when I first joined LHC. I tried CO with cones ... It was a nightmare ... my hair did not go back to normal until I clarified. Let us know how it goes!

ClassicalBlonde
January 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Well, I went out and bought a clarifying shampoo and..... it worked! Yay! I had to put it through a few times though before it got all the gunk out. Then I did a heavy moisture treatment. I think my hair has been in need of this for quite a while now, but it crept up on me slowly so I didn't bother until it was a big mess :D
Thanks everyone!