PDA

View Full Version : What to do about this mullet????

yrrebwartsymssi
July 16th, 2008, 08:34 AM
So, I have this mullet look going on, and I am wondering should I do something about it, or just leave it be? What will it look like when my hair gets longer? I have been wearing my hair up anyways but I was just wondering for the days I don't wear it up. My hair is currently between chin and collar bone.

jeno
July 16th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Just put it up and forget about it! It will grow past that awkard stage.

harley mama
July 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Aww, growing out those layers. If the mullet look is really annoying you, maybe you could just trim a little at a time from the longest part and that way the rest of your hair can catch up in length. If you don't want to give up any hair, wearing it up is probably your best bet. When I was growing out layers, I wore a lot of double French or Dutch braids. It was easy to do with the short front hair.

Good luck!:)

yrrebwartsymssi
July 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
HA harley mama i don't know why common sense didn't kick in and just tell me to trim the long part I think I will do that... thanks...

jenoI am sooo impatient... I want great hair NOW but I guess I can continue to just keep it up most days

jeno
July 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
HA harley mama i don't know why common sense didn't kick in and just tell me to trim the long part I think I will do that... thanks...

jenoI am sooo impatient... I want great hair NOW but I guess I can continue to just keep it up most days

I know, I know... I'm impatient to! I kept my layers and found it easier to put it up because the bottom layer was kind of long, but thin. I did peacock twist a lot! It's harder to put it up if it's all in the same length. Now I'm trimming it now and then so it will get thicker.

Patrycja
July 16th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Oh my-I had a mullet looking thing back about 8 years ago now...SO glad that's over.
I just kept on trimming and headbands were my favorite.They helped keep my bangs and shorter layers away from my face.

VanillaTresses
July 16th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Hey yrrebwartsymssi! When I was growing out from very (very) short I ended up having a mullet-look going on. I ended up asking a family member to trim the back/bottom part up to the very top of my neck for me because I really couldn't stand it. The added bonus to that route was that it made my ends look a lot thicker. :) But if you are really are on the fast-track to length, then I am sure that this stage will pass quickly!

orangeeyecrayon
July 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
once your hair gets longer it will just be lovely long layers.

if you dont want layers and cant stand the mullet than i say trim just the bottom

but if you want layers stick it up in a tiny pony tail and ignore it.

paper
July 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
So, I have this mullet look going on, and I am wondering should I do something about it, or just leave it be? What will it look like when my hair gets longer? I have been wearing my hair up anyways but I was just wondering for the days I don't wear it up. My hair is currently between chin and collar bone.

I feel your pain! I am just now coming out of the mullet phase. What I did is grow my hair to shoulder length, and every few months have an inch cut off the back, while maintaining shoulder length. My sides are now catching up with the back and I can wear it down first time in a long time. When it was in the awkward stage, I wore a headband everyday. Hang in there, you will get through this awful phase.

yrrebwartsymssi
July 16th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for everyones advice, I asked my mom to trim the bottom for me when she gets off work.

dor3girl
July 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM

Micro-trims--& don't forget to style it. Styled hair always makes you feel better when you are growing it out. . .

Chromis
July 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I grew mine out from bald and also went the route of trimming the back till the sides caught up. Short hair does nothing for me, but I knew I wanted one length hair. At one point I was almost considering getting microbraids just have some length again!

julya
July 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I couldn't stand the mullet look while growing out my hair, so I did get the back trimmed periodically until the sides caught up.

nessthing
July 16th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Ugh, I'm at like... hip. And my layers are still bugging me. I personally wanted Long Hair Now, so I didn't cut at all. Four years later, the front is BSL and the very back is almost tailbone. I'm really liking the back, but the BSL frontish parts are killin' me.

Granted, I did get from shoulder to hip in about 4 years. That's a plus for the "ignore it" strategy, but that also made me blow-dry it a lot because I didn't like the look of layers going all normal and air dried. Maybe if I'd had all-one-length, I wouldn't have all the blowdrying damage I do now.

Just something to consider!

Tap Dancer
July 17th, 2008, 04:37 AM
If you don't mind losing some length, you can cut the bottom off. It will be shorter but you'll lose the mullet and can grow from there. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)