PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Hats!

PixieKitten
January 24th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hi all! My boyfriend is also attempting to grow out his hair. It's very very fine, and he's had a lot of stress related loss in the past. Now that he's starting to get more growth, he's worried about damage.

He wears wooly hats pretty much all the time, and people have told him that it's bad for his hair. I had a look around and it seems like most people here are under the impression that hats are good. I myself have a LOT of hats and they've never damaged my hair, but then mine is very different to his.

I think he'd be fine to wear his hats when he's outside to protect his hair from the elements, but to take them off and let his hair breathe when he's inside. Am I right to tell him this? I'd appreciate your input, hair gurus! Thank you in advance!:D

gthlvrmx
January 24th, 2012, 02:46 PM
So far, my hats have given me only split ends. I hope someone else with more hat knowledge will come in and input some information. :)

moxamoll
January 24th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'd say that it really depends on how susceptible his hair is to mechanical damage and how often he puts it on/takes it off. My BIL is constantly kinda "swirling" his hat around on his head and I keep teasing him that that is why he is bald!

One easy way to make hats more hair friendly is to line them with satin or silk. As long as you match it to the hat colour or just use black, it'll look both luxurious and manly (if that's concern for him.)