PDA

View Full Version : What long hair does to us.

Elph
January 23rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
You know your on a long or Loooooong hair community when there is a post that comments on hair that is short being sholder length. HEHEHE

I have been trawling the net latley and one of the things I have noticed is Long hair is anything fom the sholder down and is only short if it is at mid neck level.

Oh well back to reading

sazzie88
January 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Very true! When I had bsl I kept telling my hair dressers I think I have short hair, they all looked at me like I was mad! But I am now a shortie at shoulder length and I can't wait for it to grow!!

Carolyn
January 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
I've never once in my life thought of shoulder length as long.

dwell_in_safety
January 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
It's very true. I've never classified anything shorter than waist as long, though. To me anything shorter than BSL is short, and BSL-waist is medium.

sazzie88
January 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM

I don't think it's long at all but a lot of people wouldn't call it short. I see long hair as WL or more. I have a long way to go....... I'm a super shortie at shoulder length :(:(

Of the Fae
January 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I did! Most of my life I wore chin length hair, longest right past the shoulders or just APL (right before chopping it back to chin, ear or a pixie). Now I have APL, and it appears quite short to me- whereas it would have appeared long to me before I came on this forum and saw people with hair down to their knees :O
So... yeah, this forum is quite corrupting XD

irishlady
January 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah mine is far too short for me, and it's nearly APL!

palaeoqueen
January 23rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
At the moment shoulder length seems medium to me, APL would be long. I'm sure my perceptions will change as my hair grows and I read more and more on here though :)

Chromis
January 23rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
It's very true. I've never classified anything shorter than waist as long, though. To me anything shorter than BSL is short, and BSL-waist is medium.

Ditto! I still think this way even after having been here a few years now.

turtlelover
January 23rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Anything past the shoulders is long to most people, but my hair doesn't feel "long" to me until it hits around APL.

Kitsu
January 23rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
long hair is any hair longer then my own lol (I'm at that mid back abyss)

ladylovecraft
January 23rd, 2012, 03:48 PM

I've always felt this way.

spidermom
January 23rd, 2012, 04:02 PM

Haha; I did when my longest strand (measured from scalp to end) was about 5 inches long.

pepperminttea
January 23rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
I think of shoulder as being the shorter end of "medium length" territory. :shrug:

Yame
January 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
I'd only consider shoulder length long on men, but that's because most men wear their hair very short. Among certain cultures and subcultures where men grow their hair longer, I wouldn't consider shoulder length long on them either.

Elph
January 23rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
HEHEHE at least I am not the only person to feel this way.

Diamond.Eyes
January 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
I don't consider shoulder length hair to be long either. Shoulder length hair has just never caught my attention in a way that I thought to myself, "wow, that is some long hair". That usually occurs when someone is waist length or longer. :p

Kherome
January 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
I don't consider hair long until it's past waist. My hair is slightly above my hips and I consider it medium length.

Kherome
January 23rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
I'd only consider shoulder length long on men, but that's because most men wear their hair very short. Among certain cultures and subcultures where men grow their hair longer, I wouldn't consider shoulder length long on them either.

On men, if I can pinch it in my fingers, it's too long.:D

jacqueline101
January 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
I think long hair is beautiful and it makes me feel pretty.

owlathena
January 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
I always thought of shoulder and less as short, BSL as medium, and waist as long. I hadn't even considered other lengths before joining lhc.

owlathena
January 23rd, 2012, 09:39 PM
long hair is any hair longer then my own lol (I'm at that mid back abyss)

this is how I feel now

bubblyredhead
January 23rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
I think from shoulder length to BSL is medium and from BSL to Waist is long, at least in the non LHC world in the LHC world waist is medium and past wasit is long

yoite
February 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM
waist is long, but i think hip is the start of the really long haired club :)

Lipbalmbabe
February 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I always viewed shoulder length very short! Haha I'm a natural long hair :)

lostchyld
February 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I always get a mild laugh at the style books that list my hair as long. I always have to check the section headings in the style books to see where they think I'm at while I'm paging through them. I'm above BSL and at the middle of the range the style books consider long. Medium is between chin and shoulder and short is above chin according to the style books.

In my mind, I have medium hair because I don't have to argue with it and resort to bobby pins to be able to wear a cinnabun or french twist. Long is when I can wear all the other beautiful hairstyles out there.

Arguably, though, if I were inclined to wear my hair down, I'd consider my hair long because, if I sit up straight, the ends are in danger of getting caught between the back of the chair and my back. I really think there should be more categories of hair length, like what we have here, because pixie and chin length are very different.

Shepherdess
February 27th, 2012, 01:16 AM
waist is long, but i think hip is the start of the really long haired club :)

That's what I think too! :D