PDA

View Full Version : Is this damaging in the long term? Little clips?

irishlady
January 23rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi all,

I usually wear my hair up in a bun of some sort held with little hair clips. Almost every day.

I am worried though that these will cause damage in the long run, although I haven't noticed any breakage. I try to change up my hairstyle every day though, but I still worry.

My hair is very slippery and clips hold it by far the best, without me having to redo it.

You can look at my album if you need to see the specific clips I mean, they're by Goody. Thanks.

Chromis
January 23rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'd take a look to make sure there are no rough seams on your clips. You can likely sand them off if there are. Shoulder-ish length is tricky for updos, so if those work for you, I'd say go for it. You will likely have less damage from them than you would wearing it down, especially in the winter.

I'd still work on learning some more updos with friendlier toys, but that should get much easier as you grow. At least you have found something that works in the meantime :)

palaeoqueen
January 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
My hair is only collar length so I also have trouble getting into updos. I currently make good use of various little clips too so I'm interested to hear the answer to this too!

jacqueline101
January 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think those snap clips are damaging I wore them in my bun and no issues.

blondie9912
January 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
I do the exact same thing with the exact same clips! I would say we're both fine, nothing to worry about. The new pack that I got for Christmas has rough edges so I had to sand them down, but other than that it's all good :)

irishlady
January 23rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks all, I'll just be careful to sand them down if need be.

SchnauzerMom
January 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I'm glad to know that the clips aren't damaging because I'll have to start using them pretty soon.

BlazingHeart
January 23rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Yup, as long as there are no sharp or rough edges, clips like this really aren't damaging. Some people have trouble with hair getting tangled with them, which can be a problem, but if that doesn't happen to you, you should be good.

~Blaze

LadyLongLocks
January 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Small clips are GREAT! They distribute the weight and have a secure hold. I use them all the time. Just make sure the teeth are smooth and try to find clips with a rounded grip shaped like a "C". I find they hold the best with less pulling.
Clips are my favorite hair accessory!