PDA

View Full Version : What have I done?!?! (pics)

Kayla Nyx
January 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
a couple years ago I had bleached my hair to have it blonde like my mothers. after that I've chemically dyed my hair to many times to count. the last 6 inches of my hair was all that was left over from the bleached bit, and i wasn't happy with how my hair felt at all. So I cut it off! Arg!

BEFORE:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404607_2240397630059_1851617055_1406315_30577019_n .jpg

AFTER:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404435_2240400030119_1851617055_1406317_1428990545 _n.jpg

-What do you think? (:

ETA: Hello all, I was quite scared for a while. For about a week after I cut my hair, it wouldnt curl ): But looks who's back! :P also, I've dyed it red-ish (:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418440_2319996299976_1851617055_1430213_1415749989 _n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401357_2319997019994_1851617055_1430215_1362618139 _n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425316_2319996619984_1851617055_1430214_903967448_ n.jpg

Amazinggrace
January 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
I think you look beautiful! It looks like all the damage is cut off, and I really like the hemline. :)

novemberfoxtrot
January 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Super cute! And it must feel so nice! That's one thing I miss about regular hair cuts....

christine1989
January 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Woah! It looks amazing! The hemline is so much thicker and healthier.

suzye
January 22nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
I think you pull off short hair really well! Looks so healthy and thick!

Kayla Nyx
January 22nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Yay!! time to grow it out all one length! I'm planning on trimming every 4-6 months

Amarante
January 22nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
And how awesome is it to be able to start over with nice, healthy hair? :D I'm still babying the last 5-6" of color-damage on my hair, so I know what you mean bout it not feeling very nice. :/ I'm not brave enough to part with it, so I shall live vicariously through you! :p Cheers for healthy hairs!

Kayla Nyx
January 22nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
yeah, after the first lock i cut, i started to cry. i knew i had to finish cutting once i started so i just had to get that first snip. im sad it isnt curly anymore!! D:

ClassicalBlonde
January 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
You look great! I've recently had a big chop too and don't regret it at all for the same reasons, not having to worry about damaged ends.

Lissandria
January 22nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Good for you, your ends look so healthy, I bet they feel amazing. It will be wonderful to start afresh :)

NightOwl26
January 22nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Your hair looks really nice. Wow I give you a lot of credit for cutting off so much! I couldn't do it and I'm on the same boat. Now you have a fresh start.

Mesmerise
January 23rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Your hair is looking lovely and healthy now! I'm leaning towards giving myself a fair sized chop to get rid of more damage. However, I don't think I can chop off ALL the damage, because the healthy hair is only 6" long, and I really don't want hair that I can't do anything with!!

Your length looks just perfect though, as it's still long enough to wear up and play with a bit!

Kayla Nyx
January 23rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks! Yes, I can still get it up after trying for a few minutes.
It'll take a while to get used to.

elbow chic
January 23rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
oh! I think it looks awesome! Ah, fresh clean ends!!

Now I want a haircut too.

Skruttiz
January 23rd, 2012, 01:27 AM
You have av wonderful thick hair.
I´m jealous....

MonaLisa
January 23rd, 2012, 02:16 AM
Wow!!! That looks great! Suits you very well! :)

jojo
January 23rd, 2012, 02:58 AM
I think that looks amazing, you will grow quicker now as you have no damage in those ends!

Buffy
January 23rd, 2012, 03:15 AM
You look great! You have lovely , shiny hair and a nice texture so you can easily pull off this length! Plus how cool is it to be able to start fresh?!! Good decision imo.

Mannaz
January 23rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
It looks very good indeed :) It will be so much easier for you to grow now with healthy hair!

hairband
January 23rd, 2012, 03:54 AM
I think you look really cute with your new hairdo!

LocustSpawning
January 23rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
It looks extremely healthy! Good job on getting rid of the damage, I bet it feels so soft and beautiful now!

Qadupae
January 23rd, 2012, 04:44 AM
Your hemline and ends look amazing and healthy, so I wouldn't cry over the cut too much ^_^ Just imagine that when your hair is to the same length again, it will look and feel so much better.

joflakes
January 23rd, 2012, 05:02 AM
Wow! It looks lovely :)

dementedkitten
January 23rd, 2012, 05:32 AM
Oh wow it really suits you!! :P

hellucy
January 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
Wow, your hair looks really thick & healthy. The shorter cut suits you just as much as the longer one.

newbeginning
January 23rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
It's good to have a clean slate.

jacqueline101
January 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
Your hair looks amazing and I'm glad you've realized chemicals are the devil. I know I used to perm, dye, and straighten my hair. I'm growing out a perm now but the damage is minimum and I hate the minimum damage.

Amber_Maiden
January 23rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Your hair looks very healthy!!

CastaDiva
January 23rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
It looks really great:)

Theobroma
January 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
What, you cut that yourself? I'm most impressed! And it suits you very well indeed. I'm sure it feels very different to before, but it looks very flattering on you and you're all set to grow it out healthy. Well done!

ArwenUndomiel
January 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
I'm so tempted to do the same thing, but not to get rid of damage due to bleaching. My problem is I can't stand my layers. I want my hair all one length again like you but it takes a lot of guts to cut off that much hair all at once (damaged or not). I have been trimming one inch per month (just for the past two months) so that I can gradually get rid of my layers but still keep most of my length. But I definitely have to say that your hair looks amazing and so healthy. I bet it feels great too.

Mory
January 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
It looks so pretty and healthy! I've been tempted to chop it off yet again due to chemical damage but I'm determined I'm going to let it grow a bit longer before I do that.

Kayla Nyx
January 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
That's what I had to do. Chemically treated hair plus layers. It made
Me so upset all the time that I just had to get rid of it. It was fun cutting
My hair, but I was really sad to part with the length. No more layers though,
Yay!!!

einna
January 23rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
A brave thing you did! If I could go back in time I might have done the same. Growing and doing small trims all the time + babying ends are quite a lot of work. Happy growing :)

lw8666
January 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Looks great! Very thick and healthy looking. It will be a better experience growing out healthier hair rather than bleached/damaged hair that you were unhappy with.

alyanna
January 23rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
I love it!

The new cut is VERY flattering to your features. Enjoy it and don't look back ;)

lapushka
January 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
It's a shame the length is gone, but I have to say, you look absolutely beautiful with that cut! :)

Kayla Nyx
January 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Thank you :) it is very sad I had to cut off that much. In about a year it should be back to bsl.

Calaelen
January 23rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Well, that was a big step. What's important is how you feel about it. your hair looks thick and healthy now, so that's a plus. You're going to have a LOOOOONG ways to TBL now, and I would have recommended micro trimming, but some just need that fresh start. I hope you're not too distraught.

Kayla Nyx
January 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
I understand, I'm 16 And have a while to get to tbl (:
I've been trying micro trimming but after each time
I still hated how my hair felt. Im glad I cut it.

Colourful
January 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Well, if you feel bad for doing it then I have to say you look very pretty with shorter hair :)

Kayla Nyx
January 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks colourful

Hypatia415
January 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Don't worry! It looks beautiful and soon it will all be back and it will all be your own hair! I cut off a lot of color damage last year, and it was really hard at first, but having my hair be my own was worth it.

heidi w.
January 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
You're a pretty lady. It all looks like a good starting point. At some point, you may have to face trimming a different way if you want a more straight across or MUCH gentler u-shaped hemline. But for now, this is actually quite nice. While it seems as though your curls are gone, you have plenty of body left if you want to play with that on occasion.

The other thing is that I think you should allow yourself to outright smile. It appears to me that in the photos posted you're kind of suppressing your smile, and it makes you appear as though you are kind of frowning or a bit angry. Which I'm fairly certain is not your intention to convey. There's all this activity around your mouth and mouth corners and below the mouth. I think that in reality you feel very differently during the taking of the photo. And smile in your eyes too. In your first photo there's no smile in the eyes, but the second photo has a smile in your eyes. All you have to do is when they're about to snap the photo, just think of something nice, or of someone you're in love with. If you need any help with smiling So I vote that you smile in your photos, out loud! LOL

Of course, I used to be super conscious about my teeth as I had a problem for a very long time, and it wasn't til after age 40 that I could finally take care of it, and feel more at liberty to smile and confident that it was even an attractive smile. A lot of people don't smile for these kind of reasons. So I do understand, but if you can, I say, Smile For All The World To See. Makes photo taking a bit more fun, too.

heidi w.

dwell_in_safety
January 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ah, it's so beautiful and healthy now! (Granted, it was beautiful before, but the damage was visible.) Congratulations on growing it out to the point where you could do one big chop of all the damage. It's all yours now. :D

I can't wait to get to that point again with my own hair.

GlassWidow
January 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
It's a really cute cut and it looks amazingly healthy. Not that it looked bad before, but now it looks fresh and happy. I hope you feel that way, too.

gthlvrmx
January 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Its beautiful! i love it! :D

Macaroni
January 23rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
That's a nice improvement, now you're got perfect, healthy hair ready to grow to any length.

Kapri
January 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
How did you manage to cut it so nicely? You look really pretty with the short swingy bob.

Lala3488
January 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Girly,
I did the same thing to my beautiful waist length curly hair.. I bleached it from dark brown to blonde.. OMG.fried. it. completely.. That happened last year, and I have since started using henna on it, and had to cut most of it off, inches at a time. It completely fried my hair, and my hair couldnt curl. Im glad i cut out the damage, but i have been longing for my long hair again... its APL now, so im slowly getting back to my length without as much damage, though i still have a couple inches of parts that were bleached, but are in much better shape now.. I feel ya pain.

turtlelover
January 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
I like it. You have nice hair texture.

Pixna
January 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
It turned out fantastic -- good job! Your hair looks really healthy now, and you're ready to grow it longer without any worries. I agree with Heidi about the smile, though. :) How did you manage to do such a fabulous trim/cut all by yourself?

lesbia
January 23rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
You look sooo much better with your hair short! I never think someone looks prettier with shorter hair, but I think this is your case! So nice, congrats, enjoy your cut :)

MissHair
January 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Your hair looks so much thicker now, it actually looks better now and it's gonna grow out looking amazing!

Woods Nymph
January 23rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
That cut looks very cute on you!

Kayla Nyx
January 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
You're a pretty lady. It all looks like a good starting point. At some point, you may have to face trimming a different way if you want a more straight across or MUCH gentler u-shaped hemline. But for now, this is actually quite nice. While it seems as though your curls are gone, you have plenty of body left if you want to play with that on occasion.

The other thing is that I think you should allow yourself to outright smile. It appears to me that in the photos posted you're kind of suppressing your smile, and it makes you appear as though you are kind of frowning or a bit angry. Which I'm fairly certain is not your intention to convey. There's all this activity around your mouth and mouth corners and below the mouth. I think that in reality you feel very differently during the taking of the photo. And smile in your eyes too. In your first photo there's no smile in the eyes, but the second photo has a smile in your eyes. All you have to do is when they're about to snap the photo, just think of something nice, or of someone you're in love with. If you need any help with smiling So I vote that you smile in your photos, out loud! LOL

Of course, I used to be super conscious about my teeth as I had a problem for a very long time, and it wasn't til after age 40 that I could finally take care of it, and feel more at liberty to smile and confident that it was even an attractive smile. A lot of people don't smile for these kind of reasons. So I do understand, but if you can, I say, Smile For All The World To See. Makes photo taking a bit more fun, too.

heidi w.

Sorry!! The first picture I was terrified and I didn't want to cut my hair.
The second picture I was relieved it turned out well

door72067
January 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
it looks fresh and healthy :)

Kayla Nyx
February 4th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm Pleased to announce that my curls are back and ill be updating the main post. :P

sfgirl
February 5th, 2012, 01:25 AM
How long did it take you to cut out all of the bleach damage?

Susana
February 5th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Good job (and courage). It looks great and I bet it will gro

Kayla Nyx
February 5th, 2012, 06:34 AM
How long did it take you to cut out all of the bleach damage?

It took maybe 25-30 minutes to cut my own hair. Granted I did it layer by layer.

MegaMystery
February 5th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Your hair looks amazingly soft now! Much better! Also, i think it just needed some time to 'settle' after the haircut before the curls came back, mine does that too :D
Enjoy growing back your healthy hair!

sarah061
February 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Don't worry about losing the length - your haircut looks amazing on you and the shorter length really suits you!!

Sometimes it is better to just cut off all the bits that are bothering you and start again from a solid base - you'll have the length back before you know it and in the mean time you look fabulous!

sisi33
February 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Is it a bad thing that I opened your thread thinking it would be something terrible?:p But, WOW! Your hair looks great! Your hemline looks great! I'll bet that it'll "grow" quicker now, too! Good for you for having the courage to take the "cut it OFF" plunge!

Kayla Nyx
February 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone (:

Lady Neeva
February 6th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Your hair looks so neat *envy*. It's amazing how your ends can still look so healthy after a bleach job.