PDA

View Full Version : You know you watch too many hair tutorials when...

Mrs. D
January 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
When you wish your son could date Loepsie...
When your husband compliments your appearance and asks you the name of your hair style...
When you roll your eyes when people have no idea who Torrin Paige is...

caiti42
January 22nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
When you go over your data allowance on your phone for the month and get a $300 bill!

(damn you you tube!)

sun-kissed
January 22nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
When you hear about an updo and know who it is by before you even click the link. :p

HintOfMint
January 23rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
You watch enough and you get over ambitious and attempt a very complicated one... right before your early morning class... and fail utterly.

Amber_Maiden
January 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
When you sit on your bed combing out your hair, applying product, and S&Ding, while watching hair tutorials out of the corner of your eye.

jojo
January 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
when you think spending 4 hours watching different updos quite normal behaviour...well it is isn't it?:shrug:

jacqueline101
January 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
When you spend more time on line then you do talking to people.

Saeth
January 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
When you go to do one hairstyle, get halfway through it and can't remember if you're doing tutorial A B or C!

Long_hair_bear
January 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
You watch enough and you get over ambitious and attempt a very complicated one... right before your early morning class... and fail utterly.

I second this one!

Calaelen
January 23rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Oh that was great!! LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

I'd have to add this one for me.

You know you've watched too many hair tutorials when, every day of your life it looks like you're going to a formal, or a very elaborate Renn Faire...

lapushka
January 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
You start talking to yourself while doing your hair, "Now we're braiding this section. Next, we'll be taking another section."

PrairieRose
January 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
When your kids come by while your on the computer and they say, "Hair, hair, hair, you love hair!"

rakueru
January 23rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Oh that was great!! LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

I'd have to add this one for me.

You know you've watched too many hair tutorials when, every day of your life it looks like you're going to a formal, or a very elaborate Renn Faire...

Yep, that's how I'm shaping my life to be. ;D

TammyT
January 23rd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Someone said to me "did you do that yourself?". Trust me, its wasn't elaborate but not many people do braids and such. : )

papillion
January 23rd, 2012, 03:26 PM
...when you have a spreadsheet of every tutorial you've seen, and a list of which ones you want to try next.

HappyHair87
January 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
You start talking to yourself while doing your hair, "Now we're braiding this section. Next, we'll be taking another section."

:rollin: OMG! I do this!!!

jessa
January 24th, 2012, 08:35 PM
when your dbf asks you why you have to have a new hairstyle each day.

GoldberryHair
January 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM
When you spend more time on line then you do talking to people.

OMG yes haha

snowfaery
January 25th, 2012, 12:07 AM
...when you have a spreadsheet of every tutorial you've seen, and a list of which ones you want to try next.

I need to start doing this that way when my gal does my hair I know where we're going and have notes of what went right/wrong/suggestions for improvements. I'm her practice because I have long enough hair to learn on. Now to figure out how to do some of these things on my own hair besides a basic dutch braid.

sazzie88
January 25th, 2012, 03:53 AM

Fantastic very true!

B-L
January 25th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Well.. when you read this thread and you recognize yourself in everything that has been writen :D

Sushi144
January 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Aha, so many true things !

I'll add this :
... when you're planning to do your own tutorials.
... when you've classified all the tutorials you liked in your favorites, planning to do them all at least once.
... when people begin to ask you if you have a "every day different hairdo" challenge.
... and they're right. :eyebrows:

Mrs. D
January 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Oooh, would love a copy of that spreadsheet.

kitten1986
January 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
you are constantly running from the computer to the bathroom mirror and back again

CurlyZ
January 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM

I second that! :D

Charlotte:)
January 29th, 2012, 11:06 PM
...when you see someone sporting a certain hairstyle, and you know not only what it is called, but who's channel they learned it from.

Chetanlaiho
January 30th, 2012, 04:28 AM
When your roots start to complain about all the failed updo attempts ^^;

Vanille_
January 30th, 2012, 04:55 AM
When you love the fact that you can bring the iPad in the bathroom and stand it up.

papillion
January 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM

I second that! :D

It'd need a bit of tidying up first, but I'm quite happy to get a copy of it to both of you. There's over 400 different items on it at the moment, though there's a few that are just pictures rather than tutorials. I'll let you know once I've cleaned out all the unnecessary stuff.

eezepeeze
January 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
When you stalk every movie and tv show you watch, thinkin, "Torrin could do that. That would look great on Loepsie", then proceed to search high and low for good stills so you can send them in.

When you actually feel really special that somebody did one of your requests, kind of like a movie star :cool:

PixieKitten
January 31st, 2012, 05:08 AM
When you spend hours watching and bookmarking tutorials, then get really upset that you can't try any of them yet because your hair's too short. D': Then you find more to bookmark the next day!! =D

hypersensitive
January 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM
When you have a playlist on youtube dedicated to hairstyle tutorials you want to try. The number of videos keep growing daily! XD It's here if you want to check it out. (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL93DAA4FD2D347C49). (Sharing is caring!) I like adding notes to them so I know just what a 'Mini Mascara" updo actually entails.

Sushi144
February 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM
you are constantly running from the computer to the bathroom mirror and back again

Hehehe. So true. Actually I bring my computer on my bathroom now. ^^