PDA

View Full Version : Do you find conditioning your ends daily works better than wIting til next wash?

shikara
January 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Im not talking about conditioning with the use of oils, but rather with bottled conditioners. Do you give them a gentle wash first or do you just apply? Do you still give them a rinse(ACV, lemon etc? My ends are often much easier to work with just after a wash/condition. Might try conditioning daily, but would like to hear from you!

Mommyof4
January 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Any conditioning sprays/treatments that I've tried have only made my hair feel dirty or sticky.. I've never felt like they helped my hair's health, quality, or even look of the hair.. But that's just me :/

One of my sisters uses a cone-enhanced leave-in conditioner and LOVES IT.. it's made by Matrix... If I used it, my hair would need to be clarified very often..

I wish I could be more help :)

Long_hair_bear
January 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
I condition every other day. My hair tends to be dry, especially in the winter. I use mineral oil afterward and my hair loves it!

Long_hair_bear
January 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Oh and I use cone free, handmade conditioner by toadstool soaps on etsy.

Red_Wednesday
January 22nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
I apply a little vo5 vanilla mint conditioner to my ends every night before I braid it, mix that with a little evoo on non wash days, and im good. Since, I wear my hair up 95% in winter, it keeps my ends very conditioned. I do not dampen my hair before I do this. I cowash or shampoo my hair about every 2 to 3 days.

Kelikea
January 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
If I want to just condition the ends, I would spray them with water to dampen, apply a small amount of conditioner and comb through, then bun.

Torrin Paige
January 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
If I want to just condition the ends, I would spray them with water to dampen, apply a small amount of conditioner and comb through, then bun.

Yup. Conditioner on my dry hair doesn't seem to have any effect but making it sticky feeling, like Mommyof4 related. However, I only ever use oil on dry hair, because it just seems to bead up and slide right off of wet hair. I would dampen for conditioner and leave it dry if you feel like oiling. :)

proo
January 23rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
For me, conditioning between washes creates stringiness and a dirty feeling.
Since I only WO wash once a week (applying 2 drops mineral oil after to damp hair), that means I have to put those dry ends up at the oiliest part of my scalp on a daily basis to condition them.
I also scritch and preen.

Mopolop
January 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
I find my ends get dry quite quickly if I don't shampoo them - maybe after 3 washes with conditioner only? Often I'll ONLY shampoo the ends, and conditioner only wash the rest of my hair. (I'll use conditioner on my ends after shampooing.)

Mopolop
January 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, and I use a non-coney conditioner.

BlazingHeart
January 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
I find that if I get my hair any more wet than lightly damp without conditioning it, I have a massive mess of tangles on my hands, so if my hair gets wet, I condition it (but rinse thoroughly afterwards). Leaving in any variety of conditioner makes my hair sticky, so I only condition if I'm going to rinse it out.

I don't get dry ends at all, though, so idk if my experience is quite what you're looking for.

~Blaze

Falcore
January 23rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
I get dry ends and I spritz my hair with 50% water and 50% aloe gel. I keep it in the fridge so it doesn't go yukky.

Kira94
January 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
If I use conditioner on dry hair I get a lot more curls, but it tangles more. So I would usually use coconut oil or something. :)

LadyLongLocks
January 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
In the winter if my ends feels dry, I condition wash the last 18". I either hold it in the shower under the water or do it in the sink. I use a coney conditioner, let it soak in for a minute or so and rinse. This really helps. I wash once a week and do this 1-2 times a week or as needed.

manderly
January 24th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I occasionally "wash" my ends in the sink with some conditioner if the rest of my hair is still looking good, but my ends are looking dry and frazzled.

I'd braid it, leaving a long tassle, wet the tassle under the sink, lather a couple of times with just conditioner, rinse, and add a little back as a leave in. Voila, I had silky soft ends that I could re-scrunch to curl up with the rest of my hair and get a couple more days from.