PDA

View Full Version : If there is one thing that would make me change to a shorter goal, its this...

shikara
January 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
In an effort to get ideas for hairstyles, i would google 'upsweeps images', 'bridal updos images', and any other words and combinations I could think of. There is such an abundance of absolutely gorgeous styles, but for many, a little shorter and a willingness to manipulate hair more, and perhaps incorporate styling products would have to be there. Not sure Im ready, but the idea has been stewing. Maybe I could start a thread called 'how to have the best long hair possible desoite all the styling!':eek:

Beckstar
January 22nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
My hair is starting to get a little to long for some of my favorite styles so I've bought some hair pieces to braid or to make fake bangs out of and I use them in my hair. I sometimes simple do a regular bun and add the pieces.

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'd create a twist to my favorite hair do like letting the long pieces hang loose or curl them in a loose spiral curl.

spidermom
January 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Going strictly by the title: the one thing that would make me want shorter hair is if I could go snorkeling on a regular basis. That rubbery strap that goes around the head is hell on long hair.

Amber_Maiden
January 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Going strictly by the title: the one thing that would make me want shorter hair is if I could go snorkeling on a regular basis. That rubbery strap that goes around the head is hell on long hair.

Agreed. That and if I went pro-snowboarding again. The amount of hair I have now would never fit inside a helmet.

Long_hair_bear
January 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Well, my short term goal is my waist. My ultimate goal is my knees, but we'll have to see if I have the genes for that. It's gonna suck to accidentally sit on. :) the only reason I don't like my long hair is I have to tie it back to eat. I would never, never cut my hair though. :)

luthein
January 22nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
My hairstyles are limited during my motorcycle-riding months, and that makes me re-think my hair goals.

Hollyfire3
January 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM

This, so true.

adiapalic
January 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
It there is one thing that would make me change my goal to a shorter length, it would be to wear it down more often. It was a lot easier at waist length.

I lot the way it looks at its current length now. I can achieve some pretty nice looking updo's with the extra hair too.

Is snorkeling as awesome as it looks? Gah I wanna do that so bad!! :D

einna
January 22nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Styling options are one of the reasons I doubt I will go beyond waist (but who knows...). I can live without heat styling, but I like to have my hair loose on occation, or in half ups. Also, I keep bangs and face framing layers. I allow more to happen to those, as they will stay resonably short. That might be an idea for getting some diversity, without chopping. They can be pinned up, left down, heat/product styled, dyed and so on.

Mommyof4
January 22nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I just can't wait until my hair is long enough to be "too long" for some updo's :D
Hopefully, by next year, I'll be there!

Hollyfire3
January 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
It there is one thing that would make me change my goal to a shorter length, it would be to wear it down more often. It was a lot easier at waist length.

I lot the way it looks at its current length now. I can achieve some pretty nice looking updo's with the extra hair too.

Is snorkeling as awesome as it looks? Gah I wanna do that so bad!! :D

Yes, yes it is, sorrry, i know i'm not spidermom (who brought up snorkeling in the first place) but i do know from experience, its awsome!:D

joliherb
January 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
The only thing that would make me not make my goal length is if it won't grow to that lenth! LOL I do not cut my hair as is says not to in Corithians. :)

Heatherzilla
January 22nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
Heh, the heat right now is making me rethink my goals. I feel like I have a cat sitting on my head. I do love the length my hair is at it's just really uncomfortable on hot days.

kidari
January 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
If I can't wear it down without it becoming a problem. Also, if I'm way too worried all the time about damage of any kind. I like to relax a bit and enjoy my hair once in a while. The last time I cut it was because it got in the way of my swimming and working out. Now I've figured out how to go around that but if it severely gets in the way of active things I love to do then I would cut it shorter for sure.

Mesmerise
January 23rd, 2012, 01:17 AM
For me, I want to be able to wear my hair down! I do love some of those updos I see, but honestly I look better with my hair loose... so if my hair ever got too long to wear down, it would be time to cut it (not that that's a problem for me yet...).

For me I think hip is probably the max I'd go...although I may try TBL (which is going to take me YEARS anyway lol).

Chromis
January 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
I just can't wait until my hair is long enough to be "too long" for some updo's :D
Hopefully, by next year, I'll be there!

And the best part about that? You get to learn all sorts of new updos or re-discover old friends that suddenly work again!

I've always found a way to contain my hair for activities and it does not get in my way, so I can't say there is anything that would make me change to a shorter goal.

I have to chuckle at people say they would never be able to deal with hair past say waist if they have never been longer than apl. That seems so short to me now! Sure, some folks do decide to cut back, but arbitrarily saying blah is too long seems a little rushed.