PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with a fringe do this?

bunzfan
January 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
I hope you don't all think this is totally gross but, some days when my hair hasn't been washed for about 5 days the length is fine its just my fringe that looks dirty so i have started just washing it and leaving the length alone and my hair looks clean again.

Anyone else do this? its helped with the stretching washes anyway:D

beachgirlla
January 22nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Yes totally normal and not gross, actually it is an excellent idea to have the hair looks nice and styled while you stretch the washes for the rest of the hair that is long, I only have shoulder length hair that is wavy, wurly and frizzy, I have to blow it dry with a hair dryer on medium/high heat to let it look ok, this is time consuming and takes like 20+ minutes, I found out if I just do the bang (my bang is chin long) it would give me some shine and a nice style and I could do it in 5 min, I do this when I have no time to waste and late to work, lol

Pidge
January 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
I do this all the time! It was suggested to me by my hairdresser, of all people, when I was lamenting that my previous WO routine just wouldn't cut it since I got a fringe. I CWC now, but only about once a week, and just do a quick fringe shampoo in between washes to get things back in presentable condition.

bunzfan
January 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yes totally normal and not gross, actually it is an excellent idea to have the hair looks nice and styled while you stretch the washes for the rest of the hair that is long, I only have shoulder length hair that is wavy, wurly and frizzy, I have to blow it dry with a hair dryer on medium/high heat to let it look ok, this is time consuming and takes like 20+ minutes, I found out if I just do the bang (my bang is chin long) it would give me some shine and a nice style and I could do it in 5 min, I do this when I have no time to waste and late to work, lol

I do this all the time! It was suggested to me by my hairdresser, of all people, when I was lamenting that my previous WO routine just wouldn't cut it since I got a fringe. I CWC now, but only about once a week, and just do a quick fringe shampoo in between washes to get things back in presentable condition.

Glad i'm not the only one, and it stops me from using so much dry shampoo:D i recently switched to CWC to my scalp prefers it much more.

allycat
January 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
All the time!

bna_rapunzel
January 22nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
I cwc every thrree or four days, and sometimes my bangs just don't keep up with the rest of my hair (they get greasy/oily faster a lot of the time) especially because I like to dutch lace braid them back, a lot, which means I manipulate them and get oil on them! So no, its not gross, in fact I think a LOT of us LHCers do it! :)

Ina
January 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
I have also done this before :-)

Bagginslover
January 22nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
I've done this for years! Not at all gross ;)

jojo
Yes me! when I had a blunt fringe I washed daily, no conditioner and it allowed me to go 4 days without washing, its to my bottom lip now, so I clip it back.

long
I wash my fringe everyday and my hair every other day.

blondie9912
January 22nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
I used to do this ALL THE TIME when I had bangs :) it's a great time saver

HumanBean
January 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
I just started doing this. It works great!

Anywhere
January 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
I do this a lot. My bangs need to be washed almost every day (because I'm constantly brushing them out of my eyes, they get face oil on them, they get my lotion on them, etc). The rest of my hair looks presentable but these darn bangs need special care.

Idjit
January 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Yep. I wash my bangs every day, or every other day but I only wash my whole head twice a week. I don't use conditioner on them either. It just makes them greasy even though I don't use cones.

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
I used to do that when I had blunt thin cut fringe.

silverstars
January 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
I used to do this a lot too whenn my fringe was shorter

SoulOfTheSea
January 22nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yup, when I had bangs I used to wash them everyday, but just wash the rest of my hair every 3-4 days like normal. Totally not unusual! :)

Henrietta
January 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
Oh, I have been doing this since always, and many of people I know do that, so there is absolutely nothing to worry, it is not gross :)

faellen
January 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
I do this ALL the time!

Foxy_Booker
January 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
I do this all the time as well, its such an easy way to freshen up the look of my hair and I don't mind overwashing my fringe since its so short anyways.

lunalocks
January 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
yes! yes! yes!

sfgirl
January 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hmm. I'd just usually put it up using bobby pins. :)

MaryMarx
January 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
I used to!
When I had a proper fringe. It's perfect, and not gross at all. :D

Carolyn
January 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
It's not gross at all. I saw this hint in either Glamour or Seventeen back in the 70s. I've done it whenever I've had bangs. It's a great time saver.

jasper
January 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Yep, i havedone this, even before my length was particularly long at all.

Mory
January 22nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
I have to do this. My bangs tend to get really oily really fast. >.<

HintOfMint
January 22nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Most of my length is fine with every 3 to 4 days, but my bangs get greasy with the slightest hint of oil, so I have to do this. Sometimes I do a partial scalp wash as well, and it really helps. The length of my hair looks really good when it's not washed, so this is a nice compromise.

RocketDog
January 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I wear my bangs pinned back at work, so I regularly pull them out and wash them separately if I want to wear them down after work. Even if my bangs aren't oily, washing helps 'reset' the hair so it's not kinked from the pins. It just takes me a few minutes to separate out the hair, wash it, and blow it dry, and I'm ready to go out looking like a normal human being.

theodora
January 22nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Yes! I used to do this when I had a full fringe. Now it's past my chin I don't do this anymore. Oh how I miss the fringe...

owlathena
January 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
I do this sometimes, but usually when I have to wash I have to wash my whole head.

Florida Mom
January 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
I wash my fringe almost daily - I'll use dry shampoo if I can't wash it. The length gets washed about twice a week but I am trying to limit it to once a week.

einna
January 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
I do this to.
Sometimes I comb my hair back, put it in a bun and wash the top of my head and a little on the sides. This is mostly if I am running late in winter though. I can get away with it only if my hair is bunned that day, hehe.

tarn
January 22nd, 2012, 06:49 PM
Yep, works great for me too.

Littlewing13
January 22nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Lots of my clients did this. dry shampoo helps too

arc691
January 23rd, 2012, 04:08 AM
I do this every day, actually! :)

lw8666
January 23rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
My mom taught me to do that. It really does help to stretch washes, although my bangs are now grown out. Not gross at all.

irishlady
January 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Nooooo...this thread is making me want to cut the fringe I have been growing out back in :P

palaeoqueen
January 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Very normal! And a lifesaver in the morning when you're pushed for time but don't want to go to work looking like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards (or is it just me who looks like this in the morning?).

rakueru
January 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thank you! I've had bangs for about two years now, and I've been considering doing this, but because I thought it'd be weird, I've been too scared to. Now I can try it with confidence! :D

Phenuala
January 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks for posting this! I have never tried it.. and I think I will now. I have fine hair, and a ton of it, so when I try to skip a wash, my bangs are my give-away.

Curly Hermione
January 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Done this to my bangs before, you are not alone! It's a cool trick :)