PDA

View Full Version : so frustrated with hair in front

dd22
January 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
I had a terrible haircut 7 months ago...the front got all messed up...so ive been growing it out since.

problem is...these annoying short hairs are all around the hairline in front and they look terrible if i lift up my hair...I dont remember them ever being there! I am talking like they have only grown one inch in 7 months!

I dont know what to do about them...my hair is coming in well except for these things and it really affects my self-esteem cuz im not happy with them :( Just wish theyd grow...

any advice? are these common? how long does it take? :(

Avital88
January 22nd, 2012, 08:04 AM
did you change anything in your diet? This might be new hairs, you should be happy with them, i got them too after starting taking supplements..
It takes a while before they grow but then you do have thicker hair :)

Kiwiwi
January 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
I have a lot more of them since really taking good care of my hair too! (like 6 months now)
I don't mind them but I did indeed notice them.

Madora
January 22nd, 2012, 08:15 AM
As Avitall88 said, they might be new growth.

To help your hair in general, you might want to consider scalp massage every day (in the head down position). You can either bend at the waist, or lie down on your bed and let your head hang over the edge.

Use your fingerpads to grasp the scalp in a gentle up and down motion. Start at the front and work your way to the back of the head.

While you can do scalp massage standing erect, you'll find the scalp is much more relaxed and "freer" in the head down position.

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
After the scalp massage use monistat and oil your hair. I know monistat it will help the hair grow.

nobeltonya
January 22nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
When you put your hair up, wear a plastic headband. I've been using them lately [you can get them at the dollar store or Wal-Mart], and they hold down the little flyaways really well. I have the same problem and they blow around and stick straight out to the sides when it's windy. But not with a headband. :)

TiffanieJean
January 22nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
If you need a quick fix, use hairspray and a toothbrush to smooth them back when you put your hair up or need to go somewhere.

I had this problem when I lost a lot of hair (mostly on top and around the crown area...) after I had my son. It looked like a 3 yr old tried to give me bangs after a whole year of them growing back... UUGH, glad that's over lol

MonaLisa
January 23rd, 2012, 02:21 AM
Sounds like new growth to me too!
I always have them...1-2 inch long...then they blend in, but new ones come.
You gotta love new growth!
Sometimes there's a lot so it can even look like bangs!