PDA

View Full Version : Bun or updo for BSL with layers???

B-L
January 22nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
I seem to fail with any type of bun or updo cuz my BSL hair has layers in different lenghts.. Is there any easy bun that will work on my hair?? I like braids too but they just look messy.. :(

Bagginslover
January 22nd, 2012, 03:55 AM
I have the same problem-my layers just don't want to stay in! I'm living with messy buns for now, the ends aren't as protected if the poke out, but I figure they aren't going to get snagged or rubbed way up there either ;)

Siiri
January 22nd, 2012, 04:08 AM
Have you tried a Gibson tuck, it's pretty easy and protects your ends? If your shortest layers are about shoulder length, they shouldn't poke out. You can find tutorials on youtube.

Bagginslover
January 22nd, 2012, 04:15 AM
Thanks Siiri! Just looked it up on YouTube, and it look pretty simple, and very elegant!

MissAlida
January 22nd, 2012, 05:34 AM
Cinnamon bun held with a clip or ficcare. Sock bun(the layers might prevent you from doing this one, tough).Peacock twist, if you don't mind your ends hanging loose from the updo. French braid. If the tail looks bad, you can roll it up and pin it/hide it at the base of your neck, it will look very elegant.A little practice makes perfect.:)

einna
January 22nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
I am at almost BSL with layers. I can do a french braid, a french twist and a cinnamon bun with lots of 3" crimped pins or small clsw clips to secure my layered ends. And off course the messy bun.

BlazingHeart
January 22nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
It really depends on your thickness. My hair is so thick (was solidly over 5.5" circumference, had a bit of a shed, around 5.2" now) that I couldn't do any buns that weren't ponytail based until around waist.

Long_hair_bear
January 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
I'm at bsl with layers and lillithedarkmoon's crown twist tutorial works very well for me. :D

B-L
January 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Tnx you guys! :)

I did a Gibson tuck and it worked really well :D So happy! This is how I'm gonna wear it often!!

I tried a cinnamonbun but it just keeps falling out.. maybe I should try a clip though!!

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I use a snood when I did my bun.

TiffanieJean
January 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I have the same problem more often than not.. My hair is too slippery to do a good updo. It only lasts a couple hors max...:(

Long_hair_bear
January 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I have BSL hair with layers and wear this style quite often... I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

sharicat
January 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Ooh I just tried the Gibson tuck and I love it! I am at BSL and growing out layers too so this is ideal for me. And when I lifted my hair off the nape of my neck, I noticed I have loads of baby hairs! New growth, yay :D