PDA

View Full Version : Dry shampoo?

Jessibear2854
January 21st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Hey lovelies :) Just wondering if anyone has tried dry shampoo? I got some today (Suave- so really cheap) because I have to wash my bangs every day because they get oily. I HATE wet hair in winter and figure this should keep me from having to get it wet every day. I'm wondering if dry shampoo is extra damaging? The ingredient list seems kind of funky to me. It's just my bangs, which are growing out at the time, although I may cut them again at some point.

gracenotes
January 22nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
I don't think it's too damaging, despite the ingredients list. The way I see it, the potential frequent washing damage that it eliminates is greater than the damage it could cause. If you're concerned about damage, though, LUSH Cosmetics makes a powdered dry shampoo that has less suspicious ingredients. I've found that it's not as effective as the ones in the spray cans, but it's certainly not bad :)

ravenreed
January 22nd, 2012, 12:37 AM
I use dry shampoos all the time. I do not find them damaging at all, especially since I use it primarily on my fringe and part area where I get greasy really quickly.

kitten1986
January 22nd, 2012, 01:35 AM
I use dry shampoo all the time and I have never had damage from it, I think it is a seriously wonderful invention!

hototogisu
January 22nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
I use dry shampoo constantly. I particularly like it as a way to get a bit of volume in my roots. Ive never found it damaging!

Blond On Blond
January 22nd, 2012, 01:46 AM
I use dry shampoo occasionally, but I hate the way it makes my hair look and feel. It's only for an emergency.

bunzfan
January 22nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
I use dry shampoo at least 1-2 times a week as i am trying to stretch my washes, its working i used to wash twice a week and now i only wash once a week. I mainly use it on my fringe(bangs) though.

Jessykins
January 22nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
i use dry shampoo, normally if i wake up and only my bangs are greasy. the only problem i have with it is the fact it takes AGES to brush out, and if you dont brush it all out it looks as if you have dandruff. my favourite brand is batiste and it smells lovely :)
but if your only using it on your bangs, it makes them look cleaner than if you were to wash them (i used to have to do that quite often when the rest of my hair was fine)

papera
January 22nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
I've also used dry shampoo for at least a year and never had the feeling that it's damaging ... my hair actually feels better as I wash it less :)
I mainly use it on my parting, my bangs, and on the side of my head, so not the whole head, I don't see the need.

Jessibear2854
January 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Cool! Thanks for the input:) I'm glad to know y'all have successfully used it.

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I got a sample size of it gave to me by a co worker and was wondering what it was like. I might try it.

smartblonde21
January 22nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Dry shampoo is a lifesaver when I don't have time to wash my hair, but I find that it makes my sensitive scalp itchy.

BrightEyes7
January 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
I use it occasionally... but what I used to do when I had bangs was clip back all my hair and just wash my bangs. So if you don't like the dry shampoo, you can always try that.

YesitsReal
January 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hey lovelies :)

Have you been watching Torrin? lol. :D

RedBlue
January 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
I use the TRESSeme Waterless Foam one. It leaves a light citrus scent and I love it!

Jessibear2854
January 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Have you been watching Torrin? lol. :D

Haha! Yes, I have. I ♥ her but didn't realize she was rubbing off on me that much.:)

Blond On Blond
January 23rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
I use it occasionally... but what I used to do when I had bangs was clip back all my hair and just wash my bangs. So if you don't like the dry shampoo, you can always try that.

I have bangs and if I get greasy and can't wash my hair, I actually prefer to do that. I use Indian herbs for washing and they simply don't remove the residue from dry shampoo, that's why I'm not a big fan of them. Conditioner alone doesn't work either, at least for me. The only things that remove the residue from dry shampoo are shampoo and shampoo bars, and I try not to use them too often.

cuties
January 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Dry shampoo is a lifesaver when I don't have time to wash my hair, but I find that it makes my sensitive scalp itchy.

Ditto. I have the exact same problem.

fridgee
January 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
I use the TRESSeme Waterless Foam one. It leaves a light citrus scent and I love it!

Ooo I've been wanting to try that one! It seems better than the powdery ones because you don't have to brush it out (I never brush my hair. Ever.) and I'm hoping it won't leave gunky powdery residue behind like the baptiste one I tried at reading festival! (that was even with brushing!) Yuck!