PDA

View Full Version : New Invention...COC?

Maelyssa
January 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Ok so maybe this is silly but maybe not.
Today was 'hair day' in our house where I did everyone's hair, combed out and all.
In working with my daughters' hair I ran into a problem. I really wanted to give it a coconut oiling but their hair is so thick and curly that I need more than just oil to detangle it without ripping out masses of it.
So I thought of something. First put on some cone-free conditioner to detangle it. Then put on some coconut oil for extra hair health but at that point their curls kind of looked a bit stringy. My solution? A little bit more of the conditioner on top of the oil. Hence the COC method or more specifically conditioner oil conditioner. Their hair feels very soft and lovely now so I definitely think I'll be trying this again for them.

Just thought I'd share my revelation.

littleizz
January 21st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hhm, I'll be interested to see what people think about this. My first reaction is to say that using a -cone first is sealing up the hair, so anything you put on top isn't really affecting the hair itself, it's just building up. I could be wrong though, I'm always looking for new methods!!

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Cool... I might try that.. if I remember ;)

Maktub
January 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Interesting ! My first reaction was : oil doesn't help me detangle my curls AT ALL. Never, never.

Conditionner does (even cone free ones). Oil I use on wet or damp hair that is already detangled, and combed through. And, also, oil tends to give me some tangles when my hair is down because of dust particles getting in the curls...

So often, oil is used more as a treatment (pre-wash) or when I have my hair up.

But I'll be watching this thread :)

Maelyssa
January 21st, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hhm, I'll be interested to see what people think about this. My first reaction is to say that using a -cone first is sealing up the hair, so anything you put on top isn't really affecting the hair itself, it's just building up. I could be wrong though, I'm always looking for new methods!!

We've been doing cone-free conditioner for some time now. Maybe I mistyped it...hopefully not. But I tried it with Suave Naturals for them both before and after the oiling.

joliherb
January 21st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Interesting. I'm have to remember that when my daughter's hair get's over oiled.

SoulOfTheSea
January 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Did you rinse it out afterward like a moisturizing treatment?

Maelyssa
January 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Did you rinse it out afterward like a moisturizing treatment?

I left it all in but the key to it all was to make sure I wasn't putting excessive amounts of the products in. I was surprised how well it worked really.

sfgirl
January 21st, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hmm, I might need to try this. My hair gets damaged really easily, so this might help!

SoulOfTheSea
January 21st, 2012, 09:50 PM
I left it all in but the key to it all was to make sure I wasn't putting excessive amounts of the products in. I was surprised how well it worked really.

Oh okay, it worked well for your daughters because their curly hair was probably able to soak it up pretty well, I'm glad it worked for them! :)

einna
January 22nd, 2012, 07:35 AM
I might try this one actually. I already use both coconut oil and cone free condtitioner as leave ins, some times both at the same time. I have dryish hair that loves to be coated in stuff. ;)

Amber_Maiden
January 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
I've done that! It definitely have worked for me!

Maelyssa
January 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
So glad to know it worked well for you ladies as well, thanks for sharing!

littleizz
January 22nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
We've been doing cone-free conditioner for some time now. Maybe I mistyped it...hopefully not. But I tried it with Suave Naturals for them both before and after the oiling.
DoH!! My bad, just didn't read closely enough :)

swearnsue
January 22nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Just wanted to say that it is so nice of you to take care of your daughter's hair like that. Such a good mother!

Maelyssa
January 22nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to say that it is so nice of you to take care of your daughter's hair like that. Such a good mother!

Awww thank you. :D

Heatherzilla
January 22nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
I'm definitely going to try this. I spent half an hour yesterday trying to detangle my hair with a bunch of conditioner after it becoming a mess after a night out. It still feels gross and I don't think I've managed to get all the product out. =[

Amarante
January 22nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
What an awesome idea, Maelyssa! I'm so gonna try this, I think it would really help my dry ends. :D

bettylibertine
January 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Awesome! I'll definitely be giving this a try :D thanks for sharing

Maelyssa
January 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
No problem ladies...glad to share!

ravenreed
January 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Both grapeseed oil and argan oil are very detangling for me.