PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle Advice needed. Bridal expo (for work)

peronella
January 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hi LHC! I work for a photography studio and we are having a booth at a bridal expo tomorrow. Well, my boss wants us to look really sharp, professional and polished, and to wear all black. I have the outfit down (its black pants, a fitted black jacket and black heels, make up, all that stuff...) the other two people going are both men and they're only direction was they have to wear ties.

Anyway the dilemma is (my boss always makes a big deal about what I wear and how I look :/ and it makes me stress more about these kinds of things) I usually wear my hair pulled back in a bun for work, but I wear glasses and the sides by my ears ALWAYS pop out and look sloppy, and also I want to step it up for this. the image in the industry in our area and the type of clientele we get are people who are big on "glamour" and looking "done up" and it seems like people don't think that you look professional or polished unless your hair looks like you've been messing with it and styling it for an hour. And mine never does. But I'd like to try, without damaging heat, to make it look that way.

My hair is just shy of BSL and I'd like to wear if I can get it to look "polished". I have a set of Caruso's but I'm still getting the hang of it and it only does the ends really for me at this point.

So i'm considering bandanna curls or carusos (just for the ends, with those) Or maybe a half up, and do you have any suggestions for getting it to look less messy and fly away?

I don't know, I always stress about these things, since I dont really fit the mold of the type of brides and people our business is aimed at. all glam and put together and whatnot. they make it look so easy...

Thanks for any help, suggestions or for just listening to me while I talk this out :)

ETA: another reason why I'm looking to wear my hair down or some other softer look for it is in my all black fitted outfit and heels I feel a little... "Whip Crack-y" if you know what I mean...

Vanilla
January 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
How about a side french herringbone braid? If it gets loose it stil would look really trendy.

peronella
January 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
How about a side french herringbone braid? If it gets loose it stil would look really trendy.

Ooo! If i can magically get the hang of that today thats a good option, especially if I fold it under or somethng. I'm using today to try and figure out my hair so I'll practice it. Ive never had a lot of luck with herringbones but its a style that I think is so gorgeous and awesome that i've never given up on it. Thanks for a fresh idea!

Zefyra
January 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM
A regular french braid would also look quite good, IMO, if you do arent able to get the herringbone braid to work. You could also try a low side pony with curled ends.

peronella
January 21st, 2012, 07:37 PM
A regular french braid would also look quite good, IMO, if you do arent able to get the herringbone braid to work. You could also try a low side pony with curled ends.

I like the idea of a pony with curled ends, that would kep my hair in check but also give it some of the polish I see on our clients. great idea, thank you!

I feel a little silly that I have to ask for advice for how to look professional for my job but I'm a natural girl in a high-glam world at work, and its a bit of a stuggle for me to look credible to clients, because how do you explain to someone that you dont use any heat or products in your hair? they just blink at me, with their hair all perfect and full of product and heat styled. Its a little funny. I love my job though, which is why I think its worth it to put forth the effort, even if the type of weddings we do would never be the type of wedding I would want for myself.