PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary of a thin/fine head!

carabean
January 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hi LHC!

I can't believe it has been one whole year since I found you! I've grown from 24 inches to 29 inches this year!

I would like to thank all those sage elders in our community who share their hair wisdom without reserve. You have helped me so very, very much.

FOr those of you in your first year, I am writing this post so you'll know what worked and didn't work for me!

Washing Rhythm: I knocked my washing rhythm down to twice a week. 2-3 days after a wash I begin doing a very light oiling with Camellia Oil from Henna Sooq. I wash with Morrocan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. It has lots of cones, but I had sooo much of that expensive stuff when I started growing that I didn't want to junk it.

Brushing/Combing: I bought a Mason Pearson brush, but if I use it everyday my splits multiply! I use it rich before a wash only and at all other times I use a wooded detangling comb from the Body Shop and a fine wooden comb from epstone on ETSY.

At Night: I comb out my hair and put it in a caterpillar braid with 3 old fashioned 80's scrunchies. That is the surest way to keep our the tangles.

In the daytime: I wear a french braid, a Nautilus bun with a stick I traded for here on LHC, or a figure 8 bun with with my two precious forks from 60th street.

I tried other ways to wear my hair up but it is too fine and slippery for other clips!

Trimming: I trimmed each sixth months. The first time my DH cut off about 1/2 an inch. The second time I had a professional trim of about 2 inches.

Next year:

I hope to keep growing to waist (32 inches for me!)
I hope to switch shampoos to something with less cones!
I want to try Nightshades Henna blends....

Thanks for being such a great community! :)

carabean
January 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7310&pictureid=124490

Lissandria
January 21st, 2012, 04:53 PM
I can't see the pic

uptosomeone
January 21st, 2012, 04:56 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7310&pictureid=124490

I believe this is the one that you meant to put! Instead of copying the url on the top bar, right click on the image and click copy image url. That should get you the right one.

Your hair is looking so good though! Extremely inspiring! :D

Lissandria
January 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Looking good. Congrats on making it to one year. You are very close to waist, methinks. :)

carabean
January 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Uptosomeone... you are the best! I have never understood how to put an image in. Thank you so very much for taking the time to explain it to me!

sarahramen
January 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Wow what good growth! you are practically at waist, it looks like 1 inch to go maybe, but no more!

long
January 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Your hair is beautiful and very inspiring.

kidari
January 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
I agree you are about an inch away from waist, if that! Thanks for sharing with us all that worked for you. Stretching washes is that most difficult part for me and you've inspired me to keep going.

sfgirl
January 21st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy!

einna
January 22nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oh so pretty! And your routine was an interesting read. :)

BrightEyes
January 22nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Happy anniversary:) Your hair is beautiful, it looks so soft and silky. Thank you for sharing your routine. I love reading the changes people make in their routine that improve the health of their hair.

racrane
January 22nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Gorgeous, so pretty! Yay for 1 year! :)

Lostsoule77
January 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Your hair is looking so pretty & healthy! :D

CashmereHair
January 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
I'm new, but I think it's waist?

CastaDiva
January 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy!! Congratulations on your one year anniversary, too:)

jacqueline101
January 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Your hair looks beautiful. Happy anniversary.

SchnauzerMom
January 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary! Your hair is very beautiful.

Henrietta
January 22nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Congratulations on your growth, and, even more, I guess, on setting a routine within a year, because growth happens at least partly independently and figuring out a stable routine takes lots of time, work and experiments sometimes :)

carabean
January 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks all .... you guys are the best. I wish I was just one inch from waist. I think I tilt my head back when I snap the backwards photo so it looks longer than it really is! I do have about 2 inches left!

Red_Wednesday
January 22nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Such pretty hair!! Congratulations!!!!

jojo
January 23rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
your hair looks already at waist to me!

UP Lisa
January 23rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Congrats! This fine hair is not easy!

PriscillaCherel
January 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
your hair looks already at waist to me!

Also to me!, I think you are at hip when you have 2 or 3 more inches ...