PDA

View Full Version : Measuring?

Bagginslover
January 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
I've looked, and I can't find a guide to measuring anywhere (I'm sure there is one, but the search-fu is not strong with me!)

Where do I measure my length from? My crown? Nape of the neck? Somewhere else?

I'm eager to find out my actual length, so I can compare it to some regrowth I have-I can then roughly work out how long growing will take ;)

BlazingHeart
January 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
You measure from your front hairline, over the head and down the back.

~Blaze

Lissandria
January 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM
You'll find an article on it in the articles section. Check out the sticky at the very top of the Mane forum it has heaps of useful links :)

Jessykins
January 21st, 2012, 12:37 PM
put a tape measure from your hair line, and drape the tape measure across your head and down your back, you should be able to grab the other end with the end of your hair and see. everyone else seems to do it that way :)

Madora
January 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Many growers like to wear striped blouses/shirts, and measure their progress by the way the ends of their hair meet the stripes.

It is easier to measure your hair if your blouse stripes are of a contrasting color.

Bagginslover
January 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Ooh, that's not what I was expecting! I'll be longer than I thought then! Thank you all!

jacqueline101
January 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Measure from the front hair line and drape the tape measure down the head and grab the tape with your other hand grab the end of your hair and see where your hair is in growth wise. The number will tell your length.