PDA

View Full Version : Do hair and follicle stimulators/rejuvenators REALLY work?

healingarts
January 21st, 2012, 11:00 AM
In the last year I have had issues with shedding and hair thinning, due to hormonal issues. I cut it ALL off in Jan. 2011 and then have been letting it grow with trims in Feb, Sept, Nov and a slight trim with a hair color in late Dec. (that was a surprise as my hairdresser after she colored it said she really needed to shape it up. I said I was growing it out so please not much. Blessedly she listened. I really want to grow it out and although it is thin it isn't so thin that it looks ridiculous. My hairdresser:meditate::meditate: gave me Pravana rejuvenating products and the hair that I lost at the sides of my fringe IS growing back but I don't know if it is due to my hormones readjusting or the product. It is pretty expensive and I really love using more natural products, essential oils, butters, oils, etc. Are there any recommendations to A) make my hair seem thicker and B) stimulate the follicles or at least keep them healthy. Thanks so much!! Love and blessings!!

Madora
January 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Scalp massage (head down) might be a good idea. Some members here like to use a tiny bit of oil while massaging. You can either bend at the waist, or lie on your bed, with your head hanging over the side, and gently massage.

Personally, I'd rather use my fingers than a device, for a hair massage.

shikara
January 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
Oh I believe so doe essential oils. Clove, sage, cedar, rosemary. Visit anandaapothecary.com for more info, including some recepes. Im not sure how vig a community you live in, but here i checked under hrpealth store in the yellow pages, and i lucked into calling a woman who sells these and other things thru her hoe. I was able to get many because she will sell in quantities as small as 5ml. Have fun!

healingarts
January 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Well, that is certainly a start. I oiled today and will brush my scalp tonight. Will go to the health store and look for the essential oils. THANKS!

jacqueline101
January 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM
If you're trying to grow your hair try monistat. I've had good luck with it.

pinkb21
January 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Have you seen a lot of growth w/ Monistat? I have been using it that last few weeks and I am not sure if is working.