PDA

View Full Version : I cut my fringe! Pics! And more advice pls?

Aimskylove
January 20th, 2012, 11:40 PM
First of all I want to say thank you to those who gave me advice in my Fringe post and, I did it! I have a fringe (again) and I love it. I know once it tickles past my eyes I will hate it and it will become annoying but I had it before and have many styles to keep it out of my face. Im excited to do the growth process with it again. :) Plus, my layers are so grown out I can brush it to the side when im bored of it and look like I have long side bangs again :) win, win!
Here it is!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/Me/fringe.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/Me/IMG_5173.jpg

Now I need some more advice. I know you are all wondering why so much advice from you all. Well, no one I know is into hair the way I am. So I dont ask anyone these kinds of questions. My S/O just replies "you look great any way" :bs: lol jk. But really, you all are the best for hair advice :)
SO, my NATURAL hair color is ash brown that very easily lightens in the summer. Its a nice color. I never kept my color because I thought it washed me out. I am undecided if I should stop dying my hair jet black so I can have a healthier growth. Here is my natural color.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/Me/natu.jpg

Do I look better with the dark tresses or au natural?

thank you in advance. Love how helpful all of you guys are and I appreciate it :)
xoxo

Elph
January 20th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Your sooooo cute either way. Maybe you could just dye for the next few times with a lighter brown and see how you feel. I will say that the dark does look good, but the lighting is not the same for the brown and as such I can not say if that looks better. It doesn't look worse though.

blondie9912
January 20th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I love the bangs! Great job cutting them :)

As for the colour, I love the second photo you posted, you look so pretty :) that would lead me to say that black is better, but I couldn't be sure because I don't have a similar picture of you with natural hair to compare it to. Do you have any photos of you with bangs and your natural colour?

Miss Maisie
January 20th, 2012, 11:47 PM
LOVE THE BANGS. Seriously. They look terrific on you!

I prefer the black hair, but you look great either way.

battles
January 20th, 2012, 11:48 PM
The fringe looks great! I think you look nice with both hair colors, but I prefer the darker hair.

Tia2010
January 20th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Your fringe looks so cute :)

I wouldn't have guessed that wasn't your natural color! The dark looks amazing (IMO) ... If you're worried about damage from dye how about a manic panic type dye? Either way it looks great but I really do like the dark. :D

Schrei777
January 20th, 2012, 11:51 PM
The bangs are adorable! And like everyone else I say dark hair, it makes you look very exotic :).

Sammich
January 20th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I'm a bit of the oddball. :p I love the brown the best, I thought THAT made you look more exotic! Because right now, that black hair just looks like your natural hair colour. :p You don't look 'different?' It's difficult to explain.

Anywho, the fringe is amazing on you. :)

lacefrost
January 20th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I love both hair colors but they have different vibes. The black hair makes you look more exotic and sexy whereas the lighter hair makes you look more warm and inviting and fun. So it depends on which vibe you want people to get from you.

inkd
January 21st, 2012, 12:17 AM
I personally think the dark looks better :)

missoj
January 21st, 2012, 12:41 AM
You look amazing, you look great with both colours but I love the black.

B-L
January 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
Fringe suits you sooo well! Very nice! Good choice! LOOOVEE IT!! :)

UltraBella
January 21st, 2012, 01:10 AM
I love your fringe !!!
Black hair is my favorite on you.

Quixii
January 21st, 2012, 01:11 AM
I love both hair colors but they have different vibes. The black hair makes you look more exotic and sexy whereas the lighter hair makes you look more warm and inviting and fun. So it depends on which vibe you want people to get from you.
I agree. :) Also, at least in the pictures supplied, the brown does look more natural.

Also the fringe looks great. :)

auburntressed
January 21st, 2012, 01:16 AM
I think both colors look nice on you. If you want to keep the black, but want to go easier on your hair, have you looked into the henna/indigo method? That might help get you what you want and help improve the condition of your hair.

misspixie
January 21st, 2012, 01:25 AM
Wow it looks great and I absolutely love the dark hair! I think it looks so unique and you pull it off stunningly well. :)

LovingLife
January 21st, 2012, 02:15 AM
Wow thats beautiful! :D

Aimskylove
January 21st, 2012, 03:04 AM
Thank you everyone! :) I am curious to see my natural color again. I haven't had it natural for about 5 years. Yikes, its been a while! lol. But I agree with you all, black makes me look darker as the brown makes me look warmer. I still dont know what im going to do. :/ My brown is starting to peek a boo and im thinking of letting it grow to see it more.

tarn
January 21st, 2012, 03:11 AM
The dark provides more of a contrast, but I like both looks on you. The bangs came out great!

Colourful
January 21st, 2012, 03:29 AM
Wow, you look really beautiful! Dark hair and bangs really do it for you. :)

Apple_Betty
January 21st, 2012, 03:47 AM
You look beautiful with both, but I think your natural hair color looks awesome! I don't think it washes you out at all, in fact I think it brings out your coloring better.

Carissamarie08
January 21st, 2012, 03:49 AM
I love it! Makes me want to do it!

Ceridwen Iris
January 21st, 2012, 04:22 AM
Fringe looks fantastic. I'm not usually a fan of dyed black hair but I think it looks outstanding on you.

jojo
January 21st, 2012, 06:05 AM
I love your fringe; so cute and I much prefer the glossy black hair its amazing and is more suited to your colouring.

newbeginning
January 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Your bangs look cute. I like both hair colours.

joflakes
January 21st, 2012, 06:38 AM
The fringe looks awesome! And I'm in the dark hair camp :)

smilinjenn71
January 21st, 2012, 06:54 AM
LOVE your fringe and really like the darker hair. I would tend to agree (based on pics posted) that the lighter color washes you out some. Not bad though, you can still carry it off, if you'd like.

EtherealDoll
January 21st, 2012, 06:58 AM
Your fringe looks great!
And I like the darker hair.

jacqueline101
January 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM
I love the bangs and the hairs are your choice both look great.

BrightEyes
January 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Your fringe looks awesome, it compliments your face beautifully. I prefer the darker color on you, but your natural color is pretty too. The black makes you look more exotic imo:)

Cleopatra18
January 21st, 2012, 08:26 AM
the fringe looks great! you really did an amazing job cutting it. I also prefer the darker hair on you.