PDA

View Full Version : So called 'steam' vs shower cap. Does one have any benefit over the other?

shikara
January 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM
This is in regards to conditioning treatments, whether using oil, regular conditioners, or deep treatments. One method is to apply the product and cover it with a shower cap and the heat from your head opens the cuticle allowing the product to absorb. Im assuming, but perhaps incorrectly, that most often the hair is wet???? The other method which Ive been using - and really really like btw - is applying the product then wetting a small microfibre towel with fairly hottish water, squeezing some out, and putting over your head for ten minutes, then repeating. A shower cap is placed over the towel. If both applications start with wet or damp hair, is either one of these methods better?

dulce
January 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I like the shower cap used with conditioner daily in a hot shower.

blondie9912
January 20th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I like to shampoo my hair, towel dry, then apply deep conditioner and Bowery my hair on low, then rinse it out with cool water. For oil treatments or honey lightening I apply to third or fourth day dry hair, then out on a shower cap and a hat on top.