PDA

View Full Version : CWC on oily, fine and limp hair??

Bethmc
January 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I've read a lot of good things about the CWC method, but my hair is so oily and fine, I'm afraid the conditioner would not clean well and/or leave my hair limp. Practically every conditioner I've tried leaves my hair totally limp with no body whatsoever. Is there anyone out there with similar hair that uses this method and how does it work for you? Thanks!!

rakueru
January 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I don't know. I tried the CWC method for the first time a few days ago; I'm going to keep at it until I decide how I feel about it. My hair isn't as fine as yours, but I think you should have faith in your hair! I've never known anyone's hair to be so sensitive as to become irreparably damaged from taking in extra conditioner, but I don't know your hair or your conditioner. I think trying it once or twice couldn't hurt too bad, right? Anyway, I hope things work out for you!

Ermine
January 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I also have oily fine hair (I have to wash it every day or it looks disgusting). The CWC method has been a success for me. I just have to be picky with my conditioner. I use cone free conditioner diluted 1-1 for both conditionings and it rinses out easily and without weighing down my hair. Worth a shot.

Delila
January 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I don't put conditioner on my scalp very often because my scalp just doesn't seem to like conditioner. The fact that conditioners tend to weigh down my hair, turning it oily faster than it would otherwise, makes things that much worse.

On the other hand, if I do a heavy oiling, a CO type conditioner works well to remove the extra. Doing that once in a while doesn't make my scalp too, too unhappy.

Long term, what's worked best for me is to shampoo my scalp, condition the length, and using a detangling/creme rinse type product after that. Anything that might add extra moisture to my hair really needs to stay away from my scalp, otherwise my hair turns really oily very quickly.

Renate
January 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I had a similar problem, my hair isn't oily but applying conditioner next to the roots is enough for it to get greasy way too soon.

You could try holding the lenght of your hair up while shampooing only the scalp. It still protects the lenght from the sulfates and you can apply the amount of conditioner you want. It's what I do and it works wonders. At the moment I wash my hair on the 5th day, before that I washed it every other day :)

spidermom
January 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Try applying conditioner to your length, shampoo your scalp, then rinse. Let it dry; see if you need a second application of conditioner. You may not.

Jessibear2854
January 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I have oily, fine hair and have gotten good results with CWC before. For me, the key is to use a lighter conditioner for both conditionings, such as Suave Naturals that are popular with CO washing. That helps keep my hair from getting weighed down but still protects the length from the shampoo.

I'm also wondering if clarifying might help? I'm still trying to figure out the difference between clarifying and shampooing is though, so definitely look into that before listening to my ramblings:)

Good luck!

andreamuse
January 20th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure what CWC means, but is it a variation of Conditioner Only?

I have fine, oily hair and I have been conditioner-only for a few months now. I have had no trouble with oil! It's kind of amazing and surprising, actually. I use Suave's coconut scent conditioner. I put a LOT of it in my hair and I do massage my scalp. I let it sit for about a minute and then I make sure to rinse it out VERY thoroughly. My hair comes out smooth and silky, no oil. One thing is that if I let my hair go without being washed for two days, then it gets super oily, but it was like that anyway, even with regular shampoo. Another bonus? My hair is super prone to static in winter. The CO method has been wonderful in preventing that! Even when I wear a hat and take it off? No static!

torrilin
January 20th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I've read a lot of good things about the CWC method, but my hair is so oily and fine, I'm afraid the conditioner would not clean well and/or leave my hair limp. Practically every conditioner I've tried leaves my hair totally limp with no body whatsoever. Is there anyone out there with similar hair that uses this method and how does it work for you? Thanks!!

In CWC, the conditioner is not usually cleaning your hair. You apply conditioner to your hair from the ears down, so it doesn't get on your scalp. Then you wash your scalp with shampoo. Then rinse, and apply more conditioner as needed, starting at the ends of your hair.

While my hair is not oily, my hair is fine and limp. Mostly, I embrace the limp. My hair is impossible to detangle without using a fair bit of conditioner, and I find tangles a lot more unpleasant than sleek to my head straight hair. My hair doesn't have body, and it laughs at the idea of volume. So I let it do what it does well, and it's pretty stress free.

Since my skin is pretty dry, I dilute my shampoo so I don't dry my skin out too much. But you don't have to dilute your shampoo to do CWC. My hair is also pretty prone to build up, so the only shampoo I keep on hand is one that works well on my hair for clarifying. If I use it full strength, it strips off almost anything.

lapushka
January 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM
I have oily, F, hair. We used to use the CWC method on me. Now it's just wash & condition (SC). It's just less complicated, that's all.

The main thing is, don't get the conditioner on your scalp, and use the heavier conditioner first (as shampoo suds run over that one and get it out some). That will help.

Audrey Horne
January 21st, 2012, 03:11 PM
I have a similar type and have tried CWC in the past. I used conditioner only on my ends. What about diluting your conditioner with water? You may not need much.