PDA

View Full Version : job interview HELP

arantxarivas
January 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
i dont know where i should post this but anyway tomorrow i have a job interwiew and its my first time! so i feel really nervous and i dont have any ideas of what to wear which hairstyle, what i have to do during the job interview! aghhhhh
help me guyyys! its for an engineering department so i dont know if i should wear a suit!
any adviceeee??????? i will really aprecciate your help!:) ( bad bad bad english)

caiti42
January 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I suggest a simple bun or ponytail. And a suit or coordinated pants/blouse.

Eirelin
January 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
It looks like it is long enough for either a simple bun (like a cinnamon bun) or a tucked French or Dutch braid. That is what I usually go for in that kind of situation. And the suit seems good, too.

I once got a job at a company that publishes legal texts, mostly for sheriff's offices and police departments, simply because I showed up in a grey double-breasted suit coat, navy skirt, pantyhose, low black pumps, and plain pearl necklace & earrings, with my hair in a tucked Dutch braid, and I was told later that I pretty much got the job because of how I looked.

torrilin
January 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
For any sort of scientific job, your hair should be up. You know lab safety rules, so make it obvious that they won't have to tell you about basic safety. If your hair is short, a ponytail might be ok, but more contained is better. You don't want the people interviewing imagining you catching your hair on fire or getting it caught in a machine!

As far as clothes, generally you should dress a shade more formal than normal. I don't know what's customary for women engineers in the Dominican Republic, but in the US it varies by employer. A suit is a good conservative choice here, but for some employers, even the CEO wouldn't wear a suit except to a funeral.