PDA

View Full Version : Bangs/No Bangs - Advice Please (pics)

Vanille_
January 19th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I am thinking of getting some bangs. Nothing blunt. Something long enough that it perhaps layers down my face or over my right side/eye. But short enough that I can have some hair fall down when I put my hair up. My hubby says I look better with my hair down, and I'm thinking maybe since my face is so round, that it might look better with some hair on it? If you have some examples or pictures, I'd love to see. Thanks for taking the time to help a girl out :)

With my hair down:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC018941-1-1.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC018771-1.jpg

With my hair up:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC019001-1-1.jpg

holomi
January 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I think they would look great. I just cut my own and I love them. :)

jacqueline101
January 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I think bangs would be great on you but I'm a bangs fan. I love your hair color.

nakmom
January 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I think bangs would look nice on you, but you also look very lovely with out them. I'm in love with the color of your hair. It's beautiful :flower:

tarn
January 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I think some long side swept bangs would look really great! I don't think you have a round face but more oval (the perfect face shape!) Loving the purple!

tinywife
January 19th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I second the sideswept bangs! I don't think blunt would be the thing here.

torrilin
January 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Your face isn't round at all, it's oval :).

And you're beautiful. Chances are your husband is like my partner and he just plain likes long hair. Bangs won't change mine's opinions, apart from he HATES how I whine when there's hair in my face. And bangs definitely aren't the same as getting to see my pretty hair down in a cascade. For our relationship, we compromise. I wear my hair down more than I'd like in the abstract, and he doesn't bug me about the styles he dislikes.

Mesmerise
January 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I think some long, side swept bangs would really suit you!

I tried to cut some on myself and they didn't seem to go right (they started to get a bit "flicky" and it reminded me of how I wore my hair in 1986 :rolleyes:) then I ended up cutting them blunt... and now they don't really hang well because of the slight wave!

But if you can get them to sit right, they're awesome ;).

Cesania
January 19th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I also agree with long side-swept bangs :u!

Quixii
January 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I think you look absolutely lovely without bangs. I'm kind of struggling to picture bangs on you, but perhaps some long side-swept ones would look nice. However, I don't think you "need" them at all. :)

RedheadMistress
January 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
- I say yes to sideswept bangs ! I have no pics sadly .

BrightEyes
January 19th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I agree that side swept bangs would look lovely on you. And I adore your hair color:)

sparish2
January 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I also say yes for side-bangs. I got them and they did a great job of making my very round face look slimmer. There are also a lot of cute ways to pin them back when I don't want them in my face.

whimaway
January 20th, 2012, 12:42 AM
bangs! and your hair is lovely. :)

newbeginning
January 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I think sideswept bangs would look good. You have an awesome hair colour.

Skruttiz
January 20th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I say like so many others, sideswept bangs.
But i also like it the way you have now. You have a very pretty face and beautiful eyes.

Colourful
January 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I also think bangs would look great on you. :)

CarpeDM
January 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I think you look lovely without bangs...

pepperminttea
January 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I think you look absolutely lovely without bangs. <snip> However, I don't think you "need" them at all. :)

This. Personally I think the soft shape of your face with your hair up is lovely, very feminine. :)

Bangs do have a tendency to make faces look wider, so be aware of that. Maybe try them out with something like Taaz.com (http://www.taaz.com/) first?

HuggyBear
January 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I think you would look great with side-swept bangs. I just cut some on my hair and I love them. Mine are longer so if I want to get them out of my face, I can still put them behind my ear. I have to have some sort of face framing going on when I wear my hair up. I was afraid to go any shorter than chin because every time I have cut shorter than that I have always regretted it. :)

lapushka
January 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I'd not get bangs, but that's just me. If you do decide to get them, I'd get side-swept ones, they would suit you best IMMHO.

palaeoqueen
January 20th, 2012, 11:02 AM
You look good without a fringe but I think that a long, soft side fringe would look great too. Definitely keep it long to start with though just in case you hate it/it doesn't work, you can always go shorter later.

DMARTINEZ
January 20th, 2012, 11:19 AM
No bangs would be my vote! You do not need them,you look lovely as you are!

Deb

TiffanieJean
January 20th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Blunt bangs are definitely a NO-NO for round faces. They can make your face look even rounder (I have the same face shape as you). I wanted a change the last time I got my hair cut, and decided to get side swept bangs. They look nice, but I'm growing them back out. I think long side swept bangs would fit your face well.

MonaLisa
January 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
hmm maybe start with light face framing layers, just at your chin and see how you like it :)
I love face framing layers, and bangs even. I think some playful hair around your face would look great on you!

spidermom
January 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
A bit of face-framing fringe, maybe, but no bangs.

Red Rapunzel
January 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Vanille: I love how you look without bangs!! And I disagree with your husband: I think you look best with your hair up! I'm envious!! Your face looks lovely without any fringe whatsoever!! As others here have said, your face is not round, but, rather is oval and is rather slender at that. However, if you feel your face is wide and full now, adding bangs will just make it appear to be wider/fuller. Plus, adding bangs just gives you something else to have to control: Having wavy hair myself, the shorter my hair is the harder it is to control - my bangs often end up sticking out in all directions like little horns. Of course, your hair type is totally different from mine and you likely wouldn't have that problem. You could just buy bangs (dye them to your chosen color) and clip them on periodically to see if you even like the way you look with bangs. I suggest you start working on more drama and variety in your updos - maybe your husband would like your hair up better if you introduced a variety of elegant and dazzling styles. Go to Torrinpaige's YouTube website for easy-to-follow updo suggestions and directions on how to create them.

Henrietta
January 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM
You look beautiful on those pictures. And your face does not look round. I have the same syndrom, though. "Oh my, I have round face". Nobody else sees the roundness :D
I would go for side swept bangs. It is something to frame your face on some days and when you don't want it you can always pin it back. Nice thing, adds more options to your looks :)

FrozenBritannia
January 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I don't think you need bangs! Side swept would be the way to go I think though, if you do go for them. :)

Kitsu
January 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
maybe buy clip in bangs? i got some a few months ago and wear them alot, which is why I'm seriously thinging of getting them cut in now. I love my clip in bags but they are slightly too light for me or I'd just use them all the time ^^

Vanille_
January 21st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm still undecided, but side swept bangs sound nice