PDA

View Full Version : Need support

lucyana1129
January 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
My goal is to not have a trim until June. I started in September. Everything has been great but now Im in that mullet phase where nothing I do looks good. I'm also trying to grow all the color out so it's a million colors right now. I just need some support to get past this "wanting to cut and color" thing. I know if I did it, it would only b a temporary relief bc I will have cut all my progress and dyed over my progress too. This is SO hard! This is the leg I've ever gone w/o a trim and color so I don't want to take and steps backwards. Words of support to push me forward please!

Roscata
January 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hello lucyana1129, welcome to LHC! :D

Check out these threads for tips and support: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress. (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51155&page=191) and Growing Out Layers- A place to complain (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47351). Good luck! :)

moxamoll
January 19th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I got through a big part of the awkward growing out stage by pinning my bangs back out of my way and just letting the layers fall where they would. It was cute and almost looked like I'd done it on purpose. It's a good excuse to buy some pretty pins and barrettes, to help you feel better! :D

Good luck!

palaeoqueen
January 19th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hello lucyana1129, welcome to LHC! :D

Check out these threads for tips and support: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress. (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51155&page=191) and Growing Out Layers- A place to complain (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47351). Good luck! :)

I've also been following this thread to keep myself away from the dye, it's really very inspiring :D

torrilin
January 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
This month's hairstyle of the month is made for you... hats and hat hair!

Mesmerise
January 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Honestly, I've never found "trimming the mullet" to be going backwards. Yes, you're sort of cutting of length, but if you're ultimately growing your hair to be the one length, you're not actually losing out (because it's the top layers that need to catch up anyway).

Well, this is how I see it :D.

I'm just wondering if maybe you'd feel better cutting off some of that mullet, and leaving the top layers intact? It may stop you from the desire to colour your hair or do anything else damaging!

jacqueline101
January 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. You are at the right place to get support and the best advice I can offer is maybe you can do the micro trims and monistat. Get it to grow out that way. I'd buy head bands and head scarves to do your hair with.

spidermom
January 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I got trims every 6-8 weeks while I was growing out my short, layered cut. Just 1/4 inch off the bottom would make me feel so much better!

einna
January 21st, 2012, 07:52 AM
You can do it! And your hair will be so nice after a time of LHC tlc :D Belive me I know, been there done that (still am actually). Good luck.

Lamb
January 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Honestly, I've never found "trimming the mullet" to be going backwards. Yes, you're sort of cutting of length, but if you're ultimately growing your hair to be the one length, you're not actually losing out (because it's the top layers that need to catch up anyway).

Well, this is how I see it :D.

I'm just wondering if maybe you'd feel better cutting off some of that mullet, and leaving the top layers intact? It may stop you from the desire to colour your hair or do anything else damaging!

I got trims every 6-8 weeks while I was growing out my short, layered cut. Just 1/4 inch off the bottom would make me feel so much better!

I agree with spidermom and Mesmerise. :agree: I've been there, more times than I dare count, and know how demotivating the mullet-phase can be.
Growing your hair shouldn't mean feeling bad about your appearance for months on end.

joliherb
January 21st, 2012, 09:33 AM
We've all been through it! You can do it!

Georgies
January 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
I second cute headbands and barrettes. There's all kinds of delightful things for us short hairs on etsy.com. I don't know if it really did anything for my 'do but shopping for them took my mind off it at least!