PDA

View Full Version : Mirror gazing

Long_hair_bear
January 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Ok, so I looked in the mirror this morning, and thought, "wow, my hair is getting long!" does this happen to anyone else, where you just looked in the mirror on morning and thought, wow my hair is getting long? Just come to that realization? :D

white.chocolate
January 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah! I thought that my hair was somewhere between my waist and hips until I had to check it when joining the LHC. I guess I was just waiting patiently and never realized.

Amber_Maiden
January 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'd rather not look in the mirror. lol

pepperminttea
January 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
If I haven't checked for a while, yes. :) Otherwise I tend to be wondering why it hasn't grown at rocket speed since I last looked... ten minutes ago. :o

sun-kissed
January 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I tend to avoid mirrors; the more I pay attention to the way I look, the worse I feel. If I just stop caring and live my life from the inside out, then one day I might glance in the mirror and really think "oh, look how pretty I am today!"

The same goes for my hair. If I look in the mirror every day it seems as though my hair gets shorter each time. But if it's been a month or two since I last payed attention to my length in the mirror, it feels very good to see how long it's gotten, and my day will have been made.

joflakes
January 19th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I tend to avoid mirrors; the more I pay attention to the way I look, the worse I feel. If I just stop caring and live my life from the inside out, then one day I might glance in the mirror and really think "oh, look how pretty I am today!"

The same goes for my hair. If I look in the mirror every day it seems as though my hair gets shorter each time. But if it's been a month or two since I last payed attention to my length in the mirror, it feels very good to see how long it's gotten, and my day will have been made.

This is definitely me. On both accounts!

Long_hair_bear
January 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I don't look in mirrors a lot either but had to today for my updo. Otherwise they end up whipperjod. Lol

Ligeia_13
January 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Yes but then I also look in the mirror sometimes and think "What the hell, my hair has shrunk again!" >.<

spidermom
January 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
The last time it happened, I dropped my bun as I walked across the parking lot because it was pulling. I caught sight of my reflection in a store window and had that realization - holey moley but my hair has gotten long!

Jessykins
January 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
i still don't feel as if my hairs long, i compared a picture i took the other day with one from October last year, then it felt long because it looks like it was racing ahead of at least an inch a month.. until i look in the mirror.
it doesn't help that its in a U shape so the front bits that hang on my shoulders make my hair feel short, and that im wanting my hair quite long :grnbiggri

Avital88
January 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM
right now im in the microtrimming boat, so i dont have the wow my hair is getting long but the wow my hair is getting her volume back gaze...
I try not to look so much at the length anymore these days..

Anywhere
January 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I do it often, but less recently since I've realized that the last 6" of my hair are so thin, and it does not even begin to improve at all until above the 6" mark. Now I just keep it up a lot.

Of the Fae
January 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I sometimes feel like it has gotten shorter too, even though it isn't true, and sometimes I perceive it to be longer- maybe it has something to do with the amount of waviness?

Shesta
January 20th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I do look in the mirror every day hoping probably for some kind of miracle. But the more I look the shorter it seems to get :(

Jessibear2854
January 20th, 2012, 09:19 AM

This is what I'm trying to do. If I look in the mirror too much I just get too depressed. I've just been slapping my hair up in a bun and forgetting about it while I go on with my daily routine. I'm trying to lose some weight too and so I don't even like to look at myself at all while I'm waiting for changes to take place.

rock007junkie
January 20th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I have days where i look and I find it really long....but then again I also have those days where I look and say "WTH?! Did someone give me a trim while I was sleeping?"

KwaveT
January 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I mostly notice this in the mirror with my bang growth. I comb all my wavy hair out straight every morning to detangle it. I noticed that they have gone from the tip of my nose to just above my lip. I tend to notice every once in a while the growth increments of my bangs.

sparish2
January 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Haha, I seem to be the opposite of you guys. Every time I pass a reflective surface I look, if only because I am instantly distracted by my own movement in the mirror! For this reason, it feels like my hair grows sooooo slowly :)

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I love mirror gazing. It seems to help me realize that my hair is growing even when I have my doubts.

Henrietta
January 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I used to look way too often to see any difference. It was in my parents' flat, though.
Now in my new flat I have a mirror hanging quite high on the wall and when I move away from it to see my ends it gets darker so I do not see my hair on the background of a shirt :D

dwell_in_safety
January 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I've really only taken notice of my length the past couple of months for the two lonely, monthly length shots I have since joining LHC. Even with a trim, my hair still seems to grow quite fast. Last night I did notice the length in the mirror while my hair was down to dry and realized that though I was just barely at APL two months ago, I only have about 1.5-2 inches to go before BSL. :D

For the most part I always have my hair up (which turns out neater without a mirror and obsessing over how I'm doing it), and when I do take it down to change styles and detangle, I only see it in the mirror after I have it flipped upside down to BBB. :p It's nice only taking notice of the length once or twice a month.

FrozenBritannia
January 20th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Well, I loked in the mirror the other day and was shocked to see I might actually be APL!!!!!!! I will be taking a hair photo next week, so we will see then, but I think I will probably wait another month before I really call it APL, just to make sure. :)

Oksana
January 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Whenever I look in the mirror my hair looks really short but when I walk past shop windows and catch a glimpse of my hair I always think "Wow, it looks long!" :)

rakueru
January 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM
My also hair tends to look like it's shrunk if I look at it too frequently. >.<