PDA

View Full Version : How bad is this..?

joflakes
January 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I had my hair bleached and dyed using a deposit only colour, Elumen, 8 days ago.

The colourist missed a few patches and I have no time to go back and see her.

I had a pot of Directions which nearly matched my hair.

I slapped a little on the bits that needed to be covered, and also ran a bit through the rest of my hair to blend it in.

How bad is this for my hair? I wouldn't usually have done another dye so close to the first one but it was annoying me that bits weren't covered and I wanted it all to match!

:o

Creatureling
January 19th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Directions is deposit only as well isn't it? If so, then I wouldn't worry about damage. Your hair should be just fine!

joflakes
January 19th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Directions is deposit only as well isn't it? If so, then I wouldn't worry about damage. Your hair should be just fine!

Yeah it is. Thanks. I'll just worry about my dyed red hands! I'm seeing my boyfriend tomorrow for the first time in two weeks so want to look my best...red hands don't come into that category :lol:

Creatureling
January 19th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Yeah it is. Thanks. I'll just worry about my dyed red hands! I'm seeing my boyfriend tomorrow for the first time in two weeks so want to look my best...red hands don't come into that category :lol:

No problem! Someone else here will probably come by with advice about getting dye off of skin.

joflakes
January 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM
No problem! Someone else here will probably come by with advice about getting dye off of skin.

I used a toothbrush so far and there is still a faint mark! Argh. I shoulda worn gloves...but then again I didn't realise I'd put on as much as I did!

Long_hair_bear
January 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I used a toothbrush so far and there is still a faint mark! Argh. I shoulda worn gloves...but then again I didn't realise I'd put on as much as I did!

I used to dye my hair purple. Two things you could try is nail polish remover to get the color off your hands or go to Sally's and get color remover for skin. :D

Anje
January 19th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I haven't used Directions, but I find baking soda (aka bicarb) in a paste with a bit of water is great for removing stains from my fingers and countertops. It's all about exfoliation.

In other news, this is the first semester I've gotten through the week introducing Gram stains to students without ending up with purple fingers.