PDA

View Full Version : Hair Brush and Comb Care

Manny1826
January 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone! I just got a horn comb, and I'm wondering if anyone does some special care to clean the horn comb, or if it's ok to just use a gentle shampoo and water? How often?
Also, for BBB, I wash mine about once a month with gentle shampoo, rinse with water and let dry.
Does anyone else have a different comb or brush care routine that works really well?

Madora
January 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone! I just got a horn comb, and I'm wondering if anyone does some special care to clean the horn comb, or if it's ok to just use a gentle shampoo and water? How often?
Also, for BBB, I wash mine about once a month with gentle shampoo, rinse with water and let dry.
Does anyone else have a different comb or brush care routine that works really well?

Your bbb should be washed at least once a week. Your hair is kept cleaner longer if your brush is washed at least weekly.

I quick wash my pure bbb every day, with a nail brush and warm water.

It gets a longer soak (7 minutes only) every week.

My comb, a plastic shower comb, gets cleaned every day as well.

PrairieRose
January 18th, 2012, 08:20 PM
The horn comb should not be soaked for any length of time and not washed with hot water. Always keep it dry and do not store it a humid place. After washing it is recommended that you treat the comb with lanolin to protect it.

Autumn
January 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I wipe off my horn comb with a dry towel periodically when I comb my hair in the morning. I keep a hand towel in the bathroom for this purpose. Every few days, I clean between the teeth of the comb with a thin, dry towel. I never get my horn comb wet. My comb is sufficiently moisturized with the sebum that gets on it when I comb.

cooklaezo13
January 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM
The horn comb shouldn't get soaking wet and it shouldn't be shampooed. Wiping it off with a damp towel, followed by a wipe with a dry towel, is sufficient.

Manny1826
January 19th, 2012, 06:12 AM
thank you guys so much! i appreciate the feedback!