PDA

View Full Version : ~~hello~~

Advaya
March 14th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hey Everyone ! :)

I'm new here, I briefly stopped by before the big crash.

I guess I should say a bit about myself here? I'm 22 years old, I live in the mountains of southwest Virginia. I am a labor assistant (just finished my training) and I was a student midwife for a while but I decided I should have my own family first and will probably go back to that when I'm *much* older. I still breathe it though! I'm interested in herbal healing, alternative medicines, vegan and raw "cooking", massage therapy, rainbow gatherings, traveling, crafts. I'm eventually going to be a homesteader. I guess I'm pretty "crunchy".

I had long hair when up until I was 18. It was not well cared for but it wasn't horrible either. I cut it all off when that year. The woman who cut it at the salon said she had never cut off so much hair and was terrified. I went from past waist length to less than an inch. I do not regret this at all, it is glorious to start with virgin hair.

I'm growing it out again. I had dreadlocks last year for a while. I formed them natural so my hair really wasn't that stressed from them at all, no backcombing or such. Infact when I combed out my dreads my hair was SOOOOO soft from the oils inside them conditioning them.

My hair routine right now is the best I've had for a long time, if ever. I'm going to keep experimenting though, just in case something works even better. Right now I use homemade shampoo. It is made from very diluted liquid castile soap. It is diluted with a tisane I made with walnut hulls, comfrey, nettle and rosemary. It keeps my dark hair shiny.

I'm going for hip length. I want to belong in a fairy tale.

AJoifulNoise
March 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I want to belong in a fairy tale.

What a cool goal. I love it! Welcome to the LHC. :flowers:

fae
March 15th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Welcome to the LHC. Lots of friendly people here and a very nice community.

Faepirate
March 15th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I'm going for hip length. I want to belong in a fairy tale.

:D
Ditto.

I'm very interested in your homemade shampoo! I'd never thought about making my own shampoo... something I'd definitely like to try for myself.

Anyway - welcome aboard!

:hollie:

Accolady
March 15th, 2008, 11:28 AM
How neat to hear about you and your hair history! Very
glad you shared a bit about yourself.

We are glad you are here, hope you plan to stay, 'cause
we're a fun bunch and we'd love to learn even more about you!

KM :)

Advaya
March 18th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm really enjoying being here :):):)

What an awesome resource this is, and everyone is SOOOO friendly!