PDA

View Full Version : My progress report w/pics , and I would like some opinions!

error
January 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
To start off , this is when I honestly needed lhc help http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/100E4233.jpg that was an awful time for my hair , all that V is intense breakage and damage . After this was posted I flipped around my care routine , trashed anything that would cause damage to my hair , and gave away things that could be useful to others that could no longer be of use to me . My routine as of now consists of not much , I have a little eye dropper jar of argan oil that I love, I use V05 or watered down Mane and tail once a week , if I wash my hair on a non clarifying day I usually wash with my conditioner mixed with a few table spoons of honey. My growth appears to be at a stand still since I have had so many hair related accidents , I have not been so great at putting my hair up, I do leave it down most of the time and I am aware of how bad this is! I probably have a lot of unnecessary breakage due to this! buh.. My favorite news of all is how my hair is no longer such a light blonde! Down to my shoulders is actually some dark unknown color and I am very pleased by this , no more dying for me and virgin hair to my shoulders ... http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/408277_2678130386526_1054231683_32262035_196035999 3_n.jpg here is just last night with my braid waves , you can see my virgin hair sorta ,VERY DARK , and what I wanted opinions on was my hemline , at first I wanted a very blunt hemline but I kinda grew a liking to the U shape , does anyone here know of a youtube tutorial that can help me maintain a U shape for what might be classic length hair I am not sure if I count as a classic yet ... I have a big butt lol :> http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/407057_2678133106594_1054231683_32262037_113182602 _n.jpg

Oh and here is just a funky hair do ! http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/398600_2678059344750_1054231683_32261963_182151853 4_n.jpg

jojo
January 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I like your U hemline, your hair although longer than mine naturally grows in a V, the U makes it softer, with mine too and I love blunt hemlines too but after waist i do think they make people look like count Dracula with a cloak on, id stick with a U.

your hair is gorgeous and looks so much thicker than your first photo and you do not have a big bum!

error
January 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I like your U hemline, your hair although longer than mine naturally grows in a V, the U makes it softer, with mine too and I love blunt hemlines too but after waist i do think they make people look like count Dracula with a cloak on, id stick with a U.

your hair is gorgeous and looks so much thicker than your first photo and you do not have a big bum!
LOL @ count dracula cloak . Yeah I am growing out thick bangs that are at bra strap length now so they kind of float around steadily creeping down , I think the U hemline helps this work out , I am also really liking the way it looks when braid waves are all over the place ,I do think blunt hemlines look gorgeous as well , I think anything un damaged looks beautiful the best thing I had ever done was trash my heat tools , gels , hair sprays , of course you get the awkward periods of puffy damaged broken hair but with enough care it is so worth it! Thank you for your input !

jojo
January 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
no worries, the braid waves look fantastic!

Anywhere
January 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I would imagine Feye's self trim in the U shape would still somewhat work on classic+ hair..
But then again you do need to be able to hold the ends between your fingers..

Would it be possible to get a good friend to help you trim your hair?

And I quite enjoy your hair, by the way. Looks good. ;)

spidermom
January 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I like the funky up-do a lot.

Amber_Maiden
January 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!! And I love the funky updo! :D

error
January 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you everyone! If it was not for this place I would still have the choppy tailbone damage V , or W or :< lol , I have seen feye's method! But I got very confused and nervous as I do with anything , even styling my hair , most of my friends are boys that do not even know how to get knots out of their own hair ,and the only girl friend I have keeps pestering me to cut all my hair off although she talks about growing hers out! lol , so I guess it is something ill just have to do by myself , it is very rare I get split ends so perhaps I can let it be for a while .

dementedkitten
January 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I just want to say .. your hair is beautiful - what a difference! Congrats :)

xoxophelia
January 18th, 2012, 02:22 PM
It is kind of hard to tell. The photos look pretty clear but the hemline gets kind of blurry. It is probably the curse of slight movement and webcam photos.

If it is a U right now, the U will probably look most natural on your hair. It sort of blends in the sides with the bottom. I used to cut my hair into a U when I was trying to get rid of the V, and I did that with Feye's Trimming method. This is a little different from how I was doing it but looks to work just as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

I love her hair *_*

lapushka
January 18th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Love the updo, and the progress you made is awesome! :)

julliams
January 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I had a slight U shape and it still looked cloakish to me. I have since had layers cut and it's more of a U trying to be a V. I think you should keep what you have and just get it trimmed every couple of months to maintain. If however, you find that your hair just wants to grow in a V shape, I'd go with that. Your hair looks great and big is not a description I would use for your bum - you look very well proportioned to me.

Of the Fae
January 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I love your hair!

error
January 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Hahaha thank you everyone , my hair did grow in a v from all the damage , there was a lot of broken hair it was pretty awful , otherwise when I was younger I would trim it blunt and it would grow blunt , honestly I am not sure how it naturally would grow if I left it alone .

Falcore
January 18th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I gave away all my hair stuff that I had used before LHC as well. (my best friend thought it was Christmas lol). I now spend LESS on my hair than I did back then and my hair is so much more happier.

Your hair is simply beautiful! Looks a lot thicker :)

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I think your hair looks GORGEOUS! I would've gladly had your hair in your first picture :)

The thicker hemline is SO noticeable! You have really taken care of your hair :D

jacqueline101
January 18th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I love your hair its beautiful. I love your up do too. I don't know much about self trimming and long hair. I'd research it before attempting.

error
January 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Wow thanks so much everyone ! Yeah I keep checkin out different self trim methods and im scared ill figure something out when it really needs it! and the up do was simple took small sections in a single file row from the crown of my head all the way down the center of the back ..kept putting it in loose pony tails then pinning sloppy buns like a messy mo hawk type of hair do , i think it will look cool jazzed up with funky makeup and my little leather jacket

lilravendark
January 18th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hey great hair as always girl :) I did feyes self trim to get a blunt hemline as long as you follow the instructions its pretty easy and works a treat. I think your hair looks nice as it is with that soft U shape it definitely looks thick and healthy.

kanaka
January 18th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Amazing hair and progress. I love that length and love that funky updo too. and finally you are awesome :D

suzye
January 18th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I love the U hemline! It looks perfect on you!

sfgirl
January 19th, 2012, 12:53 AM
OOh, I am SO jealous of your hair, it makes you look so exotic.
I think unless you have really fine hair, where it splits by just looking at it (like mine), you can get away with wearing it down. You will have to get more trims, but hey, we all need at least one vice right?:)

Nera
January 19th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I really like your hair. And your pants. Sorry I'm typically of no help on this forum(:

Maelyssa
January 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Your hair has improved so much, what a great job! It seems two or even three times thicker than your first picture. Great growing, keep it up? And I like the current hemline on you. Very beautiful!

Feles
January 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Such a gorgeous hair! And I must mention that You have also nice figure! I'm sure You make heads turn every where You go. :)

UltraBella
January 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
It is kind of hard to tell. The photos look pretty clear but the hemline gets kind of blurry. It is probably the curse of slight movement and webcam photos.

If it is a U right now, the U will probably look most natural on your hair. It sort of blends in the sides with the bottom. I used to cut my hair into a U when I was trying to get rid of the V, and I did that with Feye's Trimming method. This is a little different from how I was doing it but looks to work just as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

I love her hair *_*

I am with xoxophelia, it's always hard for me to tell what your ends look like in photos. Possibly because it is so dark ? I can tell perfectly in the first pic because your bikini bottom is so light. I vote for white pants !!
I am not fond of blunt cuts on anyone, so I automatically prefer a U or V anyway.
Your hair looks great and I love the braid waves :)

dwell_in_safety
January 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Your hemline is definitely noticeably thicker than it was. :) Beautiful hair. I like your current hemline, especially with braid waves. I tend to like V hemlines best on wavy-curly hair and U best on straight, with blunt ends usually only on shorter hair. :p In my very biased opinion, you should keep the U, unless you are thinking about experimenting with a different shape. :D It is your hair and yours alone, and if you want to try something different go for it. :)

PixieKitten
January 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Oh my gosh, your hair is beautiful! There's such a dramatic change in the second picture, it looks so much thicker and healthier compared to the first! You must be so proud of your hair!

error
January 19th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Thank yoo everyone!!! Yes it is incredibly hard getting photos of such dark hair , I had white pants until i played with the dog outside in them , and well it ended with me falling on my butt .It would be interesting if I took a photo in poo butt pants LOL . If I have time next week I will snap a quick video since it is easier to judge what is going on through video I feel like photos can be so inaccurate , I have been getting some questions regarding regular trims to keep down splits , I have gone for very long periods of time with none at all up until I got my hair all caught in the fan and had to unscrew the fan to save what I could , after that I did a few major chops but in the end was happy with the results , it did even a lot up , except for the thick bangs I been growing out , they are bra strap length now. I may let my hair be for some time and let it grow without worrying about my next trim , and thanks everyone for pushing me more toards the U shape , I really have grown a liking to it ,although I sometimes think about when i had shoulder length blunt hair and how cool the ends felt when you squeezed them LOL I am probably the only weirdo that would do something like that . ANYWAY I think I am going to hold off any trimming till the summer and see what kind of length i get up until that point , then I will break out the old white bathingsuit to see the difference , I feel very accomplished after looking at one of my earlier lhc photos , it is crazy how much of a difference it makes being a member here , I still remember violent brushing with stupid plastic brushes , flat ironing FOR NO REASON! Heat curling ,when a curling irons curls drop in literally five minutes , thick gloopy gel , aqua net lol stupid syrums and shampoos with all this "scientific" nonsense . It is crazy to even notice damage on other peoples heads with highly processed or heat styled hair ! Some times I feel like a bit of a psychopath , then I log on here and im normal as ever. haha thanks everyone for all the feed back