PDA

View Full Version : First Natural Shampoo Bar Experience

JadeTigress
January 17th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs here, or in Herbal Haircare, or somewhere else entirely. But it it doesn't belong here, I apologize. :p But I said in a different thread that I'd give my thoughts on this shampoo once I finally got my order in.

I got the Nettle 'n Neem shampoo bar from Sweet Creek Herbs on Etsy, and it has officially been tested out. I didn't use a rinse, or conditioner, or anything, because I wanted to see what this stuff would do just on it's own. Also, I wasn't sure if I had hard water, and I figured using it by itself would be a good way to find out. :p I'll need a rinse next time (especially on my ends), but other than that, my first impression is a good one. My hair feels clean, not stripped at all, and it's got more body and feels thicker. The scent isn't overpowering at all. It just smells earthy and herby, if that's a word. You can smell it while you're in the shower using the stuff, but only if you're paying attention and wanting to smell it. While I was distracted talking to my fiance, I'd forget that it even had a smell. And once you're done washing your hair, what little smell there is goes away pretty quick. Or I stopped noticing it again. One of the two. :p

The part that got me excited was that I got curious and measured my ponytail circumference after my hair was dry and brushed, because my hair was feeling noticeably thicker. I remeasured because I was sure that I'd screwed up, but I didn't. It's half an inch thicker. Now, I havn't measured my circumference since I joined here back in April, and at the time was going through a HUGE shed, and have since stopped shedding. So I don't know if my hair has just started to thicken up, or if it's thicker just from the shampoo. I'm going to wash my hair with regular shampoo next time and remeasure to find out. If it is due to the shampoo, then I think that would be a good inexpensive option for other thinhairs wishing they could thicken up a bit.

Anyway, just based on this first time use, it's worth the $5 I paid for it. :p

sfgirl
January 18th, 2012, 12:17 AM
IF it was the shampoo that thickened it, I'll def be getting some! I love natural ways to thicken my hair!

sparish2
January 19th, 2012, 09:52 PM
This sounds very exciting! I have been thinking of getting a shampoo bar myself, and as a southern belle I am always chasing bigger hair ;D
This might help me work up the courage to try it out!