PDA

View Full Version : French Twist damaging my ends?

Henna_Goddess
January 17th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I wear my hair up 5 days out of 7 and almost always in a french twist or similar style. I work in an office and keep my hair out of my face while working. My hair is fine and I've had some issues with Vitamin D deficiency and iron deficiency lately. I've noticed my ends are looking crunchy. What can I do to prevent this in the future?

Long_hair_bear
January 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I wear my hair up 5 days out of 7 and almost always in a french twist or similar style. I work in an office and keep my hair out of my face while working. My hair is fine and I've had some issues with Vitamin D deficiency and iron deficiency lately. I've noticed my ends are looking crunchy. What can I do to prevent this in the future?

Maybe try putting a drop or two of mineral oil on your hands, rub them together, and run them through your damp hair after you wash it. Helped me when I had the same issue.

silverjen
January 17th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I've also seen clarifying recommended for crunchy ends. I'd be awfully surprised if the French twist was the culprit. I'd try clarifying, deep conditioning, and/or oiling first.