PDA

View Full Version : Yikes

meao
July 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM
My hair is currently very very frizzy and dry. I have bleached it three times and I have just managed to get the texture from stringy to poofy...

Is the only way to make it better, to cut? I really don't want to.

What can I do with it, please offer any advice you may have =).

Thanks x

Curlsgirl
July 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
If it is very damaged then yes. You can however do some things to see if you can salvage it. How long is your hair? That would help. Did you bleach your whole head three times very close together? I would say that would indeed fry your hair. Have you tried deep conditioning treatments and oiling yet?

meao
July 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply cutie, you have killer hair =). Yes, I have being doing different treatments, like salon brand masks, then oil, then an egg and mayo mask for protein and a regular Aussie mask, being covering the hair in foil and leaving it on for the whole day then rinsed and used a different mask and left it on all night - been doing this for four days.

It was very stringy and breaking off, but now there is no breakage and it is not stringy just very parched and frizzy.

Is there any specific treatment for damaged hair?
x

brok3nwings
July 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM
meao if your hair is too damaged there is no solution, only cuting it. But if you are still not sure i think that the treatments you are doing helps. You could also try hot oil treatments, oiling your hair frequently, doing a lot of updos. Dont use the blowdrier or anything that could harm even more your hair! try the CO and if you have an oily scalp use diluted shampoos without sulfates. This is about giving moisture to your hair. As you are constantly doing masks to your hair i would consider doing them with a no-cone product cause like that you can pass more time without shampoo. Try Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle i love it. If you really have to use cones i really liked Redken All Soft

Curlsgirl
July 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply cutie, you have killer hair =). Yes, I have being doing different treatments, like salon brand masks, then oil, then an egg and mayo mask for protein and a regular Aussie mask, being covering the hair in foil and leaving it on for the whole day then rinsed and used a different mask and left it on all night - been doing this for four days.

It was very stringy and breaking off, but now there is no breakage and it is not stringy just very parched and frizzy.

Is there any specific treatment for damaged hair?
xThanks! A lot of people swear by Aphogee which you can get at Sally's. There is also something by Loreal called Inneral fixer (not sure if that spelling is right!). You might try going to the products board and posting the question about treatments for bleached damaged hair and see what you get. It probably needs protein for sure and of course LOTS of moisture.

Cinnamon.locks
July 16th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I had a similar problem years ago after i bleached and permed. what i did was simply TLC and alot of CO and Oiling, plus changed to finger combing my hair and then a wide tooth comb plus alot ( and i mean thousands of dollars ) worth of treatments at home. do you use cones? if so, have you tried L'oreal's Mega Moisture treatment conditioner? it is a large kind of yellow tub, it helped me alot when i went through my hair killer routine. another thing that helped, but not sure if it is still sold somewhere is a special treatment from hask ( i think that was the brand. ) it smelled like peppermint and itched a little on my scalp but saved my hair and i didn't have to cut a large amount, only the ends every 3 months for a year until my hair felt healthier.

try anything and everything to save the length if you do not wish to cut, if you do decide to cut, try just a few inches ( less than 3 inches ) every 3-4 months until you feel the hair behaving better. HTH.

Katze
July 16th, 2008, 01:20 AM
sorry to hear about your bleach 'accident.'

I used to bleach my hair repeatedly, and was always dealing with the results. Now that I've stopped bleaching, my hair is finally healthy, soft, and shiny.

If you choose to keep bleaching, you can do 'treatments' that help moisturize the damaged hair, but there is no way - despite what any company tells you - to 'repair' your hair. Bleached hair has had its structure changed; the only way to get rid of the damage is to cut it off.

manderly
July 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM
meao, you mean you've bleached AGAIN since the last time you've requested help with your hair, or is this the same cry for help?

I have responded to at least 2 other threads started by you, viewed photos of your hair issues, and offered my honest help and advice.

If you've bleached your hair 3 times since then, then you haven't really listened to anything anyone has told you, and I obviously can't help you.

Good luck to you.