PDA

View Full Version : Is my hair even growing?!

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 10:05 AM
If anyone could do me a huge favour and look and my photo album and tell me if my hair is growing I would really appreciate it! I feel like it isn't at all really and it's getting me down!

I have photos from October until now.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/

Thanks in advance!

moon2dove
January 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
If anyone could do me a huge favour and look and my photo album and tell me if my hair is growing I would really appreciate it! I feel like it isn't at all really and it's getting me down!

I have photos from October until now.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/

Thanks in advance!

Hi joflakes.

I've just looked at your photos, and...Yes, your hair is showing growth! :)

spidermom
January 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
The front looks longer.

Curly Hermione
January 17th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Yes, it is growing :) You'll get there!

Amber_Maiden
January 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yes. It is growing.

lapushka
January 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM
It's most obviously growing! :) Growing takes time, though. ;)

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks. I just feel really down about it. It seems to grow like, less than an inch a month!

I added in another one from August and it DEFINITELY looks better than that, haha. Thanks everyone.

Of the Fae
January 17th, 2012, 10:28 AM
It appears to be a little slow, but it sure is growing, the whole seems longer and more :)
So don't worry, it may even go faster when spring comes (Winter is a time of stagnation in growth for a lot of people)

CSallaround
January 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
It's definitely growing :)

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks both...and yes that is a good point. It seemed to grow a lot faster from May-August than it did from September-now. Fingers crossed when the warmer weather comes it gets better!

jojo
January 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I see a difference in the front bit, maybe your a summer grower. It will grow!

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks JoJo!

Calaelen
January 17th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Your hair is growing, however, to get very technical (stylist showing her stuff) the hair goes through 3 stages each lasting a different amount of time. The first stage Anagen (or growing) phase typically lasts between 3-7 years on the average person(sometimes MUCH longer), and each month the hair typically grows a half inch or less. Some people get much more growth than this, but it isn't the norm. At any given time, about 85% of your hair is in this phase.

Next up come the Catagen (or transitional) phase. at this point the hair stops growing the folicle starts to shrink to allow for shedding 10-15% of hairs are doing this all the time, preparing for the next stage.

The final phase Telogen(resting) is where the hair is preparing to grow a new hair pushing out the old one, this accounts for much of shedding. This stage last about 5-6 weeks wherein the bulb, follicle and everything is growing a completely new hair. as this hair begins to grow out of the scalp the Anagen phase starts again. This phase could account for growth spurts that people report.

Now that your hair is coloured, you will begin to see your roots very easily and the line of demarcation (where the colour is different) will show you at what rate per month your hair grows, and you look forward to this being about the norm for you throughout your life. (knowing that sometime the hair will grow a bit faster in what most call a growth spurt) In a typical yea, most people get between 4-10 inches growth(again some lucky ones MUCH more), and your genetics decides that.

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Your hair is growing, however, to get very technical (stylist showing her stuff) the hair goes through 3 stages each lasting a different amount of time. The first stage Anagen (or growing) phase typically lasts between 3-7 years on the average person(sometimes MUCH longer), and each month the hair typically grows a half inch or less. Some people get much more growth than this, but it isn't the norm. At any given time, about 85% of your hair is in this phase.

Next up come the Catagen (or transitional) phase. at this point the hair stops growing the folicle starts to shrink to allow for shedding 10-15% of hairs are doing this all the time, preparing for the next stage.

The final phase Telogen(resting) is where the hair is preparing to grow a new hair pushing out the old one, this accounts for much of shedding. This stage last about 5-6 weeks wherein the bulb, follicle and everything is growing a completely new hair. as this hair begins to grow out of the scalp the Anagen phase starts again. This phase could account for growth spurts that people report.

Now that your hair is coloured, you will begin to see your roots very easily and the line of demarcation (where the colour is different) will show you at what rate per month your hair grows, and you look forward to this being about the norm for you throughout your life. (knowing that sometime the hair will grow a bit faster in what most call a growth spurt) In a typical yea, most people get between 4-10 inches growth(again some lucky ones MUCH more), and your genetics decides that.

Thanks for this, it's really fascinating!
I'm actually looking forward to being able to see how much growth I get in a month, is that bad?! Haha...I kinda missed not being able to see.
So...I guess I'm not doing TOO badly then!

Long_hair_bear
January 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Don't worry.... I feel like my hair takes forever to grow too. I'm a typical human being, lacking in patience. :D

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Don't worry.... I feel like my hair takes forever to grow too. I'm a typical human being, lacking in patience. :D

Haha...me too. I'm very impatient!

ladonna
January 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm not a hair expert, but I definately see a lot of growth on the top of your head and not near as much from near your neck. I love how your fringe went from short and blunt to side swept in a short amount of time.

joflakes
January 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'm not a hair expert, but I definately see a lot of growth on the top of your head and not near as much from near your neck. I love how your fringe went from short and blunt to side swept in a short amount of time.

I forgot to say, I did have the mullety back of the neck bit cut off to make it a better style! Oops.
Yeah my fringe always seems to grow much faster than the rest of my hair...although in reality it is probably just that I notice it more! I can't wait for my hair to be longer so I can embrace the waves...at the moment it just looks odd. Finding it hard to resist the straighteners!