PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Hair Line...wtf!

Aimskylove
January 17th, 2012, 01:10 AM
So I rarely ever wear my hair up and I did today in a bun with all it pulled back and TA DA I have an uneven hair line! What the heck!? :( On the left its pretty even but on the left it goes back much further than the left and it looks so odd. I read alot of you use castor oil on your hair line. Will this help me even up my line? Can I even do that? lol. Im freaking out now that I noticed it. I dont think it was ever that way!

Mesmerise
January 17th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I don't think mine's 100% even to be honest, but it's not too bad.

However, I have a friend with a REALLY uneven hairline! She has the most amazing long, thick hair, but I couldn't help noticing last time I saw her that her hairline was all over the place.

It's something I never would have noticed before becoming an LHC member though!

I am not sure if there's anything you can do about it, unless there's a reason for the unevenness (like some hair loss or something?). If your hair naturally grows that way, I don't think castor oil will fix it.

auburntressed
January 17th, 2012, 01:33 AM
What sort of uneven is it? Does it have a sort of "point" that joins either side? If so, I believe that is called a widow's peak, isn't it? I can see how it may be natural for either side of a widow's peak to not be completely even with the other.

jacqueline101
January 17th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Wow I've never heard of a widows peak or a hair line that suddenly is uneven.

Allychan
January 17th, 2012, 01:41 AM
I have used Castor oil consistently for over a year now, and to my surprise I have grown a widow's peak! It is small but after 38 years it just appeared.
So yes I think Castor Oil can help with your hairline.

bratz81
January 18th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I have a widow's peak (always have) and I like it. You don't notice it really when my hair is down but when it's up it adds a bit of interest or something to the forehead. I don't have a fringe or anything which would hide it.

jojo
January 18th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I have a widows peak ive always had it though, sudden changes in hair line may be due to thyroids issues, anaemia , hormones so if its sudden then id suggest having some bloods done and maybe looking at your diet to see if any changes can be made there.

furnival
January 18th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Are you worried because you think the unevenness is due to sudden hair loss, or because you think it might have always been uneven, and you've only just noticed? There's nothing unusual about naturally asymmetrical hairlines- perfect symmetry is a rare feature in real life. Unless you're sure that this is a sign of hair loss, I wouldn't worry too much. :)

SwordWomanRiona
January 18th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Many many hairlines are uneven! Mine's a bit uneven in the middle, I have like half a widow's peak in the right side, while the left side remains straight. I like that :)

Uneven hairlines are perfectly normal, and lovely "too", so I don't think you have any reasons to be troubled :)

auburntressed
January 18th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I have used Castor oil consistently for over a year now, and to my surprise I have grown a widow's peak! It is small but after 38 years it just appeared.
So yes I think Castor Oil can help with your hairline.Hmmm.... Well, I have a very tiny widow's peak that basically no one but me can spot, and it consists of just a few hairs jutting down. I wonder if the castor oil will thicken that up and bring it out more? Been using it for less than a month now, but I would be thrilled to discover a widow's peak one day. I think they look great, and I need a bit of definition to my face now that I've ditched bangs.

LocustSpawning
January 18th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I have quite a strong widows peak that is only visible front on, when my hair is straight back. No bits left at the front. It's also kinda uneven, but oh well, I like it! It's kinda vamp-ish. I got it from my father who has an extreeemely strong one

Amber_Maiden
January 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I really wouldn't worry about the unevenness if I were you- I don't think there is much you can do about it. My hairline isn't even either- if you look really really closely. I personally think that if someone notices your uneven hairline and comments on it- there is something wrong with that person and they are standing way too close to you and looking at you for way to long...