PDA

View Full Version : My Hair Type? (pic heavy)

Vanille_
January 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC018281-1.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC018391-1.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC018441-1.jpg

Those were my pictures from wet to dry.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC01623-1.jpg

Can you confirm from this picture if my hair fine? I think it is ... I can roll it on my finger and not feel it like the article said.

And this picture is from the same day as the first ones surprisingly. Those first ones were after clarifying. This is after using my favorite conditioner Herbal Essence Touchably Smooth. I love straight hair and this stuff makes it look like I used my straightener.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC018171-1.jpg

So, is it a 2a or 2b? Or am I way off?

ETA: I hope I never hair type again. Waiting almost three hours for my hair to drip dry was TERRIBLE. I hate having wet hair hanging down *shudder*

Nedertane
January 16th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'd say your hair is either F or F/M. Kinda like mine. As for texture, I'd say perhaps 2a or even 1c. Hope this helps!

MissManda
January 16th, 2012, 10:59 PM
It's a bit hard to tell if you have F hair from a picture. I'd go with whatever your first instinct was for that. It definitely doesn't look coarse, though.

As for your texture, it looks like a 2a. :)

Cholera
January 16th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Your hair looks a lot like mine, and I classify myself as a 1c/2a.

Vanille_
January 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it!

Cjatje
January 16th, 2012, 11:37 PM
what a pretty color!

pepperminttea
January 17th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I'd go 2a. :)

Signe
January 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM
i'm leaning towards 1c

Kira94
January 17th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I'd say 2a as well. Your hair is very pretty. :)

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I would have said 1c/2a but I am starting to wonder if I am 2b. Sorry if I am not much help!

It is hard to tell from photos but I would have guessed you were M.

Katze
January 17th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Very pretty hair! Your hair looks a lot like mine, though the wave is more evenly distributed. 2a sounds right, but here is an idea that helped me -- does your hair ACT like straight hair or wavy hair? Mine looks straighter than it is at the crown, and is wavier than my hairtype at the nape, so I found an average (2a) based on the fact that my hair is frizzy, reacts to humidity, and generally behaves like wavy, rather than straight, hair.

You can have fine and medium hair on the same head, too. Both DH and I do.

Vanille_
January 17th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Mine doesn't really frizz. If I don't use cones, it just gets a messy wave that looks like it hasn't been brushed. I don't like that.

I don't think it reacts to humidity. I just moved from CO to New Orleans and don't see a difference really.

It doesn't tangle and is soft though, not sure if that makes a difference. It has trouble being pinned down with bobby pins or clips and falls loose from braids too. Does that mean its 'fine'?

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Mine doesn't really frizz. If I don't use cones, it just gets a messy wave that looks like it hasn't been brushed. I don't like that.

I don't think it reacts to humidity. I just moved from CO to New Orleans and don't see a difference really.

It doesn't tangle and is soft though, not sure if that makes a difference. It has trouble being pinned down with bobby pins or clips and falls loose from braids too. Does that mean its 'fine'?

If it doesn't tangle.. well it is hard to say but that would be more likely to indicate it is not fine. My hair is M/C and very rarely if ever tangles.

Vanille_
January 17th, 2012, 01:13 AM
OH! Looks like I've had it backward all this time. I thought fine hair didn't tangle. Good to know.

MissManda
January 17th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Hm, I think tangliness can vary from person to person. My hair is definitely on the finer side and I don't have much of a tangle problem at all. :shrug:

Mesmerise
January 17th, 2012, 01:25 AM
My DD's hair is fine and it tangles like CRAZY!! From the picture of your hair it looks similar to mine, which I call F/M (although it's pretty hard to determine). The strands are thicker than my daughter's, but I've always been told by hairdressers that I have fine hair. However, I have certainly seen people with that real "baby fine" hair, and mine doesn't look like that.

As for whether fine hair tangles or not, I don't know, I think tangleness is a really individual thing and isn't related to the thickness of the hair strand!

I'd also go with 2a for your hair, probably... it seems a bit too wavy to be a 1, so I wouldn't classify it with the straighties.

Arctic
January 17th, 2012, 01:37 AM
1c/2a or 2a, and F/M is my guess. What a lovely hair you have!!!

Vanille_
January 17th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I just had a breakthrough. Maybe my definition of tangles is off? I imagine tangles to mean knots that need to be detangled. I don't get those. However, my hair needs to be brushed often to look good. It looks like it hasn't been brushed ten minutes after I brushed it if I leave it down. Does that qualify as tangled?

jojo
January 17th, 2012, 02:36 AM
id say your a solid 2a with F/M hair and very pretty too!

OhioLisa
January 17th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I say 1c and M. And I think your former definition of tangles is correct.

Amber_Maiden
January 17th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I'd say 1c/2b

kanaka
January 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I'd say 2a and F/M hair

lapushka
January 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I think it's 2a. As for F/M/C -> no idea. I guess that's something you have to figure out on your own.

Vanille_
January 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM
Question, is it usually so hard to type hair? Or does everyone usually have different opinions? Also, does it make a difference if my hair brushes out straight usually?