PDA

View Full Version : You know that moment when you let your hair down?

Jessibear2854
January 16th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I kind of live for that moment every day.

I know that wearing hair up is nice and protective and all.... but sometimes it bothers me. It gets uncomfortable having it up in the same spot all day long and I have to sit on my hands to keep from reaching up and letting it down. Then, at the end of the day.... ahhhhh.

I am hoping that I will get used to wearing it up someday because this is driving me nuts.

akilina
January 16th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I get the same feeling!!!
I really hate wearing my hair up and i sort of just force myself to do it or do it if i dont want to wash it and its been dirty for a few days....i feel really insecure with my hair up. Its weird...I feel fat. fat??? yeah really. I feel like its really unflattering and makes my face/double chin look huge. I also feel like i have a huge hunch back even if I stand up straight.
Also Im growing out an undercut on half of my head so the right side of my hair is very thin and sparse. :(!

ArienEllariel
January 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I know exactly what you mean.. When I wear my hair up, I can't help touching it and wishing it were down. I guess I'm just not used to it yet.

Carissamarie08
January 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I hate wearing my hair up, and I wont do it unless I am at work. I enjoy my hair being down so I will wear it down.

HintOfMint
January 16th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I love wearing my hair up, JUST for that feeling of taking it down. AHHH, it feels so good! I even like that slightly achy feeling on my scalp (I don't feel it when it's up, just when I take it down).

strangemeow
January 16th, 2012, 09:48 PM
oooooh! I like that slightly achy feel too :). I wear it up because if i dont i just think about all the tangles accumulating in my hair, and all the broken hairs ill have while undoing them lol, at the end of the day its so nice to let it loose. even though it goes right back up before bed haha

Mountaingrrl
January 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I love wearing my hair down, and enjoy that moment too ....

Happily, though, since my hair has gotten longer, updos have gotten more comfortable, oddly enough. And since I got new glasses, I look better with updos than I used to.

Nedertane
January 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I hate wearing my hair up, and I wont do it unless I am at work. I enjoy my hair being down so I will wear it down.

Me too! I barely even wear it up at work. There's just more enjoyment to be had in wearing it down and flowin'. :p

Piyo
January 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I wish my hair didn't tangle so much, because I love wearing it down. There is nothing like doing a stretch and feeling my hair caress my tail bone, or just feeling it draped down my back. :D

CurlyCap
January 16th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I think my scalp just likes the change.

I usually wear my hair down, but when I put it up in a bun my head is all "Ooooooh".

Likewise, when I take the bun down, I find myself asking "Why did I ever put it up?"

My mind, it is crazy. :D

Freckled.Thing
January 16th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I know exactly what you mean. It's (finally) gotten to the point where I'm used to having my hair up all the time, but I still live for to moment when I let it down. It's especially fun because it's all wavy/curly from the bun or braid and it twists all around me. It's really fun and I feel like I get a huge pretty-boost. I may have gotten used to having my hair up but it isn't all that flattering. Even if I'm the only person there, I feel like the moment I let my hair down I'm more relaxed and fun. It's a great sense of release, but that's actually something that I like about wearing my hair up all the time. It makes having my hair down feel special. Plus every now and then I go out and leave my hair down and I keep noticing that it's longer than it used to be and I just feel really sexy and awesome. :D

RapunzelKat
January 16th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yes, I love that feeling! :D I usually do a quick 5-second scalp massage to get the follicles all going the way they want again, and my hair is like "aaaah..."

Then, unless I'm in a particular mood to have my hair loose, about 10-20 minutes later I'm like, "Arrgh, GET this hair out of my FACE!" and back into the braid it goes :D

You can tell I wear my hair up or braided a lot... :cheese:

A word of encouragement, Jessibear2854, it does get more comfortable to have it up/braided, especially as you find out which styles your hair likes and how to get the tension right, etc. Still feels good to take it down at the end of the day, though ;)

MonaLisa
January 17th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I usually wear my hair down. But sometimes when it's up for few hours and I let it loose, yes I get that great feeling! I feel I've missed it and I do love it!

jacqueline101
January 17th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I love the feel of my hair when its down. I wear it up but I love the feeling of it being down.

jojo
January 17th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I used to feel this too, shorter hair pulls more when up, so it does get kind of uncomfortable at times. This will all change once you get to say BSL and onward from here. My hair is not far off hip now and wearing it down is no longer a choice for me as it just gets everywhere but I can now make looser buns and I hardly notice my hair up anymore, so hang in there with every inch you grow, the more comfortable it will feel up!

Jessibear2854
January 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Ha! I was afraid you all would think I was weird but I'm glad others know what I mean. It's good to hear that it will eventually get more comfortable wearing it up.

Amber_Maiden
January 17th, 2012, 10:03 AM
haha. Sometimes my scalp does need a break from having my hair up. I don't mind either way- at least when it's up I can't see the damage!
I do think it looks better down though.

moxamoll
January 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I get that achy feeling too and I love that moment of "aaaahhh.." when you take it down and give your scalp a scrub. Plus, DBF thinks it's very sexy, so it's a good couple bonding time! :D

CSallaround
January 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I know the feeling. I prefer having my hair down

camara
January 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Yes, absolutely: link (http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6758&pictureid=89946)

Now my hair is short, but when it was long, I always loved taking it down.

Woods Nymph
January 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Definitely! I love that feeling; having my hair up makes me feel exposed somehow. I feel much more sexy & feminine with my hair down.

CashmereHair
January 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I get that achy feeling too, but I cant have my hair in updos for long :-(

*Rose Red*
January 17th, 2012, 12:39 PM
oh yes, I love that moment! I wear it up for work every day, and I enjoy it when I come home and let it down... at home, I wear a braid most of the time, or wear it down for going out.

Garnetgem
January 21st, 2016, 03:01 AM
That moment when it unravels is bliss as any tightness vanishes,but it needs to be tied up again to prevent tangles but yes i look forward to let it down :)

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Haha I definitely feel this :laugh:
I love how it unravels and just completely relaxes. Such bliss.

parkmikii
January 24th, 2016, 01:30 AM
Yes! I love this as well, having hair down also makes me feel a bit more confident :)

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Yes! I love this as well, having hair down also makes me feel a bit more confident :)

Me too :agree: It's my crowning glory :king:

parkmikii
January 24th, 2016, 01:40 AM
Me too :agree: It's my crowning glory :king:

Yes, I definitely know that feeling ♡

PristineAllure
January 24th, 2016, 02:40 AM
Ahhhhh. Yes. That moment. I love it because no matter how loose I do my buns, I still get a slight ache wherever I position it. So letting it all down is seriously one of the best feelings in the world.

restless
January 24th, 2016, 04:38 AM
I used to be one of those people who wore it down more or less always until hip length and loved it, but then I 1: got a job that required hair up and away 2: got an etsy account, so nowadays I wear it up probably 95% of the time. It has completely ruined it for me; Im no longer used to the feeling of hair being down, so after the initial "Aww yeah, bundrop!", it only takes a minute or two before I´ll go: "Gaaah its everywhere! I cant take it anymore!" and up it goes again...

chen bao jun
January 24th, 2016, 06:51 AM
I used to be one of those people who wore it down more or less always until hip length and loved it, but then I 1: got a job that required hair up and away 2: got an etsy account, so nowadays I wear it up probably 95% of the time. It has completely ruined it for me; Im no longer used to the feeling of hair being down, so after the initial "Aww yeah, bundrop!", it only takes a minute or two before I´ll go: "Gaaah its everywhere! I cant take it anymore!" and up it goes again...

Yeah, I'm in the Gaaaaah, its everywhere camp.

Groovy Granny
January 24th, 2016, 01:06 PM
LOL...me too; especially with the dry cold air (static).
I NEVER expected to be bunning for a New England Winter....this year touching HIP I have :o
But I do cherish when it is down at the end of the day, even if it is in a low loose ponytail.

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Im no longer used to the feeling of hair being down, so after the initial "Aww yeah, bundrop!", it only takes a minute or two before I´ll go: "Gaaah its everywhere! I cant take it anymore!" and up it goes again...

Haha I feel that too! :lol: It kind of overwhelms me and I have to immediately contain it by braiding it or something :laugh:

Neptune
January 24th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Definitely! I love that feeling; having my hair up makes me feel exposed somehow. I feel much more sexy & feminine with my hair down.

I feel much more feminine with my hair down too, especially because i get hives on my face (caused by food allergies), and i can't wear makeup right now, so I feel like the hair down is an extra boost of femininity. HOWEVER that being said ... my hair is very fine and tangles suuuper easily, so it's usually not down for very long before *omgicanttakeitanymore* and i put it back in a braid or a bun :)

trolleypup
January 24th, 2016, 11:32 PM
When I was driving, that great moment when I got off the bus at the end of the shift and pulled the stick and my bun fell out!

Now I don't have quite that end of day marker (I can wear my hair down at work most of the time), but still, when I am away from places where it needs to be up, *pulls stiick, gives a little head toss to settle it*

yahirwaO.o
January 25th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Bun droppping is usually gorgeous in most people. On me it's more like Mehhh..... I just feel my hair looks too much like tentacles.

If I damp bun and get those great bun waves, then yes it looks great however my current lenght doesnt take that much of a wave to be honest! :mad:

Groovy Granny
January 25th, 2016, 02:30 AM
When I was driving, that great moment when I got off the bus at the end of the shift and pulled the stick and my bun fell out!

Now I don't have quite that end of day marker (I can wear my hair down at work most of the time), but still, when I am away from places where it needs to be up, *pulls stiick, gives a little head toss to settle it*
I would be in awe to see that lol
Most of the time I think of landmarks, but I just realized that your hair is as long as I am tall :thud: :rolling:

Skade
January 25th, 2016, 04:12 AM

Yeah, I'm in the Gaaaaah, its everywhere camp.

:D Another one in the Gaaaaahhh it´s everywhere camp here! It ususally goes down for five seconds then I get caught in something and up it goes quickly again...

veryhairyfairy
January 25th, 2016, 05:54 AM
:D Another one in the Gaaaaahhh it´s everywhere camp here! It ususally goes down for five seconds then I get caught in something and up it goes quickly again...

Count me in the "Hair toddler" (cuz it's everywhere) group, as well.

I've been trying to wear it loose more recently, but it really doesn't take long (less than an hour, for sure) for me to get tired of keeping it out/off of everything and pop it back up into a bun.

Gaalsong
January 25th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I love the feeling of taking my hair down at the end of the day. I love the way it looks down, especially when it's freshly out of the bun and very tussled and wavy. But I've started wearing it up almost every day (gotta protect the ends and stretch washes), and now when it's down I just worry about it catching in things and the friction of it rubbing and tangling in my clothes. I definitely look so much better with my hair down. But I guess this way, when I do occasionally wear it down, my hair will look better, too.

Belle Paix
January 25th, 2016, 09:24 AM

Here too!!

endersworld
January 25th, 2016, 07:35 PM
I'm on a college campus where having your hair completely up isn't terribly common, especially with the kinds of buns I can manage! Sometimes just for fun I'll pull out the hair stick holding it up while walking in front of people, just to hear their reactions. I've gotten some fairly entertaining ones, in all honesty...
But until it got really cold, I would normally leave it down all day. Most of my winter coats provide major static, so it stays up in wintertime. Letting it down at the end of the day feels absolutely amazing - so much weight released! It spends the rest of the evening draped across the couch.

trolleypup
January 25th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I would be in awe to see that lol
Most of the time I think of landmarks, but I just realized that your hair is as long as I am tall :thud: :rolling:
Old youtube with shorter hair: Lazy Bun
(https://youtu.be/CHLIkSXAJho)

languagenut
January 26th, 2016, 12:10 AM
Down has been the default position of my hair for many years. So I'm used to the "hair everywhere" thing; it doesn't really bother me. I've had an aversion to updos ever since my childhood, when my mom did my ponytails too tight. But I would sometimes have my hair up or half-up for a special occasion, and letting it down was definitely a wonderful feeling of relief!

Lately I've been trying to overcome that aversion by wearing my hair up or at least half-up more often, and trying to get my scalp used to having my hair pulled in a different direction (not too tightly though!). It's fun trying different styles and playing with my hair a bit, but there's still nothing like the feeling of relief and release when I let it down at the end of the day! It's akin to the feeling of taking my shoes and socks off after getting home from a long, exhausting day of grocery shopping. Just immediately relaxing and freeing.