PDA

View Full Version : Am I waist? FIRST HAIR PICS!!

Eirinn
July 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Am I? I really don't know... Here's my hair - it looks ratty because of the lowest layer:mad: Sorry for not the best quality, I'll have some better camera soon, I hope. What do you think of it? Frankly, please...

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/shrew1.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/shrew2.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/shrew3.jpg

I don't like it...:rolleyes:

Ohio Sky
July 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM
You need to upload the photos to Photobucket or a similar site for us to see them. :flower:

Eirinn
July 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
You need to upload the photos to Photobucket or a similar site for us to see them. :flower:

anna1850
July 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I think that's waist.

Samara Morgan
July 15th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I'd say it's at waist or just slightly above maybe, either way it looks beautiful :agree: I love your ends :grin:

Amara
July 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Looks like just a teensy bit above waist, but it's hard to tell from the angle the pictures were taken.

Katze
July 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Beautiful shine and thickness, and nice color, too!

if your thumbs are at waist, it doesn't look like you're *quite* there, but maybe you're 'can I call this waist'? :D

Your ends look a lot like mine - grown out layers and pre LHC hair? I'm in the same position, except 'can I call this BSL' - with almost the same amount of see through ends. I'm slowly trimming them off so the rest of my hair can catch up, and have been trimming since joining LHC, grr.

If you mostly wear your hair up, maybe it isn't an issue, but if you don't like your ends, your hair is already so long that you can afford a mini trim, if that would make you feel better.

hth!

Golden21
July 15th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I think it's at waist- it looks like the ends are slightly curling up so it's actually longer. I like your hair- I saw under the pictures that you wrote that you don't like it, why not?

thankyousir74
July 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
if your thumbs are at waist, it doesn't look like you're *quite* there, but maybe you're 'can I call this waist'? :D

I second this, btw you have very nice hair color/complexion, very pretty :3

lora410
July 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Looks like waist to me because you hands are closer to you hips then your waist :lol:

harley mama
July 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Your hair is great! It think it is a little short of waist still. But, you are very close now. :D

I had the same problem taking photos when I first started at LHC. If you take them at an angle, looking down, it appears that your hair is longer than it really is. After I started using a tripod, I got a truer back view.

WaimeaWahine
July 15th, 2008, 01:24 PM

How come? Are the ends bothersome? They look healthy.

Chamomile betty
July 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Yes your hair is waist length.
It's so pretty and shiny.
What a lovely color too.

Cichelle
July 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I LIKE your ends. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that you are at waist. :)

n3m3sis42
July 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think you're at waist. It looks like you have your hands a bit below your waist in the pics.

I think your hair looks pretty, but I understand how you probably feel about the ends. I haven't trimmed mine in a while, and it's getting *really* thin on the ends. My ends are a lot worse than yours, though, and they are starting to really bother me. I'm planning on getting them trimmed soon.

I think your ends are fine, but if you are really unhappy with them, then it might be a good idea to get a small trim.

Saranne772
July 15th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I'd say that you are slightly above waist. Beautiful hair :D:D

Pegasus Marsters
July 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Your hair is sooo awesome and shiny. i'd say it's just about an inch off waist. Keep Growing!

Morningglory
July 15th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I think you are at waist! Your hair is beautiful! :cheese:

wintersun99
July 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM

why not! I think your hair is very pretty, I'd take it :D

peachy.pudding
July 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Beautiful do you use hair dye?

brok3nwings
July 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I dont know about waist but i really like that intensive black you have there, really natural and shiny

Shadow Walker
July 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I think your hair looks awesome Eirinn, you should keep growing for sure!

Curlsgirl
July 15th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I also think it looks waist and beautiful shiny pretty hair!!!

DavidN
July 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, Eirinn, and it is extremely close to waist length. It is so healthy and filled with shine.

flapjack
July 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I think you're right above waist, I'm sure you'll be at waist by the end of the summer, no problem. It's almost there!

Your hair looks good. :)

MissHair
July 15th, 2008, 04:42 PM
It looks waist to me. Wow I love black long hair, I dont know what it is, looks mysterious.. makes me wanna dye my hair black again. Dont worry the quality is good!!

Kiraela
July 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'd say waist too... it looks to me as if your hands are slightly below waist... Congrats! And I think it looks lovely, personally. :)

Radulfr
July 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Looks to me like the main central block is just at waist, while the "edges" have some way to go.

NurseMama
July 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I think that you may just be shy of waist, but I have to admit that I am having some hair envy! I love your color and it looks so soft.

Fee
July 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
yep that's most probably waist, you have pretty,black hair! :D

Patrycja
July 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
maybe a itty bitty little bit above waist,if not there already.Its hard to tell.I do love your texture and color though :)

Eirinn
July 16th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Looks like waist to me because you hands are closer to you hips then your waist :lol:

Yes, my hands are on my hips, not waist

Eirinn
July 16th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I second this, btw you have very nice hair color/complexion, very pretty :3

Aww thank you:flower:

Eirinn
July 16th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I think it's at waist- it looks like the ends are slightly curling up so it's actually longer. I like your hair- I saw under the pictures that you wrote that you don't like it, why not?

I hate the ends, they look disgusting to me:scissors:

Eirinn
July 16th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Thank you all guys, that's so encouraging:flowers: I've had some 'hard time' lately wondering why do I even grow it:rolleyes:

Eirinn
July 16th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Beautiful do you use hair dye?

Yes, I dye it with demi-permanent

Chromis
July 16th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I hate the ends, they look disgusting to me:scissors:

I bet even just a one inch trim would thicken things back up nicely for you without losing too much! Although I think your hair is lovely, I know if I saw my ends doing that, I'd want to trim them too! Some lingering perfectionist bit there I think. I think fairytail ends look pretty on other folks, but I still always trim mine mine off anyhow lol. My compromise is to cut in a U-shape. Then I can have the ends blunt enough to satisfy those annoying voices in my head, but it isn't so blunt that it won't bun as well.

sexyjacksparrow
July 16th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I think it looks like waist to me. Your hair is lovely :D

Kerry xx

Eirinn
July 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I'm wandering also if the thin bottom has something to do with the tieing point of my braids hmm is it possible?

yogachic
July 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Definately, your way past BSL. Nice hair!

bex487
July 17th, 2008, 01:48 PM
It looks like waist to me! You have gorgeous hair! I understand if your ends bother you, but I think that they look just fine!

MotherConfessor
July 17th, 2008, 11:46 PM
If your hair was wet there would be no question - waist length. Dry hair bulks up and shortens a bit, even on your smooth shiny strait hair. So you true length is waist, but your practical, dry length is "can I call this waist." My wet length is almost "can I call this tail bone" while my dry length does not even hit my waist. Of course i'm curly, so I loose alot more lenght.

If the ends are really bothering you chop them, you would still have plenty of length and the rest would just grow out. For the record though, I think you ends look very nice.

Eirinn
July 18th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I'd trimm the ends but it gets me really annoyied that I never reach the waist cause there's always something to trimm off:/ So I solemnly swore not to cut it until it will grow past my waist and then I'll be slowly trimming it off still having it waist length:) That's my sneaky plan:D

Calista
July 18th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Your waist is the narrowest point of your torso. Which is way above your hands in the picture. So I´d say you are below waist?? I think you could get a trim and still be at waist. But if you wear your hair up a lot remember that blunt ends can be difficult to put up.

FrannyG
July 18th, 2008, 05:14 AM
To me there's no question that you've reached waist length. Also your hair is lovely. Congratulations!

I think you've confused a lot of people by having your hands on your hips, but your slim waist is far above your hands. Your hair is definitely at, and in some places, past your waist.

As far as the ends, they look fine, but if it will make you feel better about your hair, I say cut a half inch off. If you're still not happy, cut another half inch off. Don't cut any more off than that. Even if you take an inch off, it will be back in no time!

Peggy E.
July 18th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Looks like you have one of those fabulous figures with the long, slender waist and, from my standpoint, yes, your hair has attained that length for you. Congratulations! And it's beautiful hair, too.

Which is why I have to ask: You say "I don't like it" - to what are you referring?

Eirinn
July 18th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Looks like you have one of those fabulous figures with the long, slender waist and, from my standpoint, yes, your hair has attained that length for you. Congratulations! And it's beautiful hair, too.

Which is why I have to ask: You say "I don't like it" - to what are you referring?

Aww thank you for those compliments:flower: I feel a bit ashamed:o I don't like my layers, my ends and that it looks like every hair is different lenght:rolleyes: I'd like it to be all one lenght, maybe a bit shorter around my face, that's all

wintersun99
July 18th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Ah, well, we are our own worse critic, right? You're hair is gorgeous! I think your plan is a good one (to maintain at waist and trim your ends a little at a time) :)

danacc
July 25th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm wandering also if the thin bottom has something to do with the tieing point of my braids hmm is it possible?

I think your hair is lovely! (I'm not a good judge on length.)

Breakage may be contributing to the taper at the ends--do you find a number of split ends or white dots? If it is breaking, the tying point of the braids could be a factor. Cut pantyhose wrapped just tight enough to keep the braid from unraveling tend to be gentle. Scunci makes Hair Hosiery (http://www.scunci.com/product_detail.aspx?gid=10&pid=25&lp=5) elastics, too. Lately, I just leave my braid end loose, and it stays well enough.

psvzum
July 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Just had to tell you how very beautiful your hair is. I love the color, shine and end : ) Go ahead and call it waist length!