PDA

View Full Version : Is is normal??

Pazita!
January 15th, 2012, 11:33 AM
When my hair is clean (just washed) my hair is a 1c/2a type, but when it is oily and needs to be washed it is a 1a/1b type!! :confused::confused:

Amber_Maiden
January 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yep, I'd say so. My hair looks a lot straighter and thinner when it's oily and I've gone 8+ days without washing it.

Pazita!
January 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yep, I'd say so. My hair looks a lot straighter and thinner when it's oily and I've gone 8+ days without washing it.
Thank you for answering =). So how should I classify my hair??

Mommyof4
January 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Totally normal :) My hair can be spiral curly one day, and the next, it looks just wavy enough to not be wurly.. i dunno.. it's all about if it's weighed down, clarified, oiled, etc... plus, the humidity around you has ALOT to do with it!

I personally classify my hair as what it is when it has been clarified and has NOTHING added to it, no oil or conditioner etc... in it's natural state.. but classify it how you like, it's your hair and we all accept different methods at LHC :D

ludwig20
January 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I think you can classify as whichever you prefer.

But I have the same problem. The day I wash (and about two days later), my hair is 2a. However, by the third day after washing, it's more like 1b/1c.

Roscata
January 15th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Yes it is normal. A lot of things can make your hair texture look different such as cones, oils, what you use to detangle your hair, touching your hair while it's drying, how oily it currently is etc. Have no fear, it is totally ok. :)

ETA: This is "How To" Hair Type Your Hair (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=164) and how to figure out your hair type: Fia's Hairtyping System (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5).

Maktub
January 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I agree with the above !

MonaLisa
January 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Perfectly normal! :)
My hair tends to change type not only based on when i washed it...
season, weather, products...:)

inertia
January 15th, 2012, 12:33 PM
My hair is the same. Right after washing it's 1c or 2a and very fluffy, so if I plan to wear it loose and straight on a particular day I'll try to wash it the night before so it has a chance to smooth out a little. By the third day it's really straight, but the scalp area is embarrassingly greasy.

Isadora
January 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Yes itīs normal, my hair is slightly wavy after wash and airdry or when it gets wet of rain. The next day it could be really straight :)
I classified my hair after wash and airdry.

Jessykins
January 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM
yep :) sometimes my hair is quite straight, and sometimes i can have very slight ringlets almost

spidermom
January 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I don't know how "normal" it is, but it's not unusual.

My hair can occasionally be 3A curly. It can also be 1B straight. It depends on how long it's been since I washed it and how many times I've combed and/or brushed it. It also depends on luck and probably humidity. Every once in awhile on a dry summer day, it will dry naturally to look about 1B. That's rare.

Pazita!
January 15th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thank you a lot for your answears =) Great to know it is no uncommon =)

Kira94
January 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Totally normal. My hair is 2b but it always goes down to being just slightly wavy by the time I need to wash it. Except for my weird underneath ringlets, I still don't understand those. But the rest of my hair makes sense. haha. :)
So yes, I think that happens to most people, except maybe the super curlies, you're completely normal. :)

jojo
January 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM
mine is a lot wavier when i dont comb or brush it and i can go from a 2c to a 1c depending on how much i touch it, unfortunately my hair dries in clumps so i need to comb it but i can retain the wave by minimal fussing with.

But no its quite normal, lots of things can change its natural structure, weather, combing, products used!

suzye
January 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I'd say so. Whenever I sleep with my hair down it typically gets flatter, and the oils help that.