PDA

View Full Version : Seriously contemplating a cut, might mean I'm not about so much

Evie
January 15th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Dear folks

I may not be around so much in 2012 (I know I lurk more than I post anyway but.....). I am finally gearing up to cut back to a longish pixie one last time, so I can get my natural hair colour back. I have found some cute styles, I know I can work this style, and growing out won't be too bad as I've done it so many times before. This is it, this is the last time, but I don't think I'll be around as much while it is cut. I've started obsessing about my hair far, far too much, and as I'm someone who can get fixated on things, it is not healthy and so a break will let me get focused again (ETA and get on with my graduate studies more ;) end ETA). I haven't made a hair appointment yet, but it will occur, when I have some time and get round to it. The thing is, I have spent so long see-sawing back and forth with this decision, that I am now just glad I have made it. It has been over a decade since I've seen my natural blonde. Who knows what it will be like now? I'll get sun-kissed highlights on holiday again, and not have to dye my hair once every 4 weeks or so. Once it is done, I'm maybe 2 years from APL ish, so I know what I'm in for.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say I'll be back (think Arnie, guys, think Arnie...) I will probably pop in from time to time, and I might just get started on a blog, rather than be on the boards so much...

Happy growing for 2012 all...... :flowers:

Amber_Maiden
January 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Happy growing Evie!

Evie
January 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Thank you, you too - I hope you have a great 2012 :)

pepperminttea
January 15th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I hope you rock that pixie cut, and love your natural colour when it comes out to play. :)

Amazinggrace
January 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Sounds like you have a very good, and reasonable plan in mind. I hope you enjoy your pixie, and all the growing stages after it. :)

PixxieStix
January 15th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Best of luck to you on the next step of your long hair journey. :flower:

spidermom
January 15th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Don't be too much of a stranger; I'd miss you.

Evie
January 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks all of you, Pepperminttea, i just hope it works as well this time! As for totally vanishing, I won't, Spidermom - and i am determined to work on that blog!

two_wheels
January 15th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Good luck. I was in the same situation as you I think (bsl dark henndigo, natural blonde) and cut to pixie a week and a half ago, no regrets. Hope yours grows quickly!

Roscata
January 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
*big hugs* I'm glad you're doing something you feel you need in order to be happy with your hair. It's important to be happy with the quality/color/state of your hair as you grow it, that way it can feel more like a journey than a struggle.

I'm going to miss seeing your siggy photo on the board. Come back soon. :)

MonaLisa
January 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Good luck! Hope it will be as you want it and hope it grows fast!
You could hang out with us in the Off-topic section at least ;)

Evie
January 15th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hmmm yes :) the off topic session would be good! But could I resist looking at all the lovely long hair if ever I came here!

jacqueline101
January 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Good luck in growing your hair. Do check in once in a while.

jojo
January 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thats a great plan, but please don't ride off into the sunset, you'd be sadly missed :(

blondie9912
January 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Good luck with your journey :flower:

From what I hear growing out natural is totally worth it :) Have a great year!

Evie
January 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thats a great plan, but please don't ride off into the sunset, you'd be sadly missed :(

Awww thanks Jojo. I've got caught in this cycle of trying to lighten henndigo, then damaging my hair, colouring it back and then regretting it.... This is the year I hopefully get my natural colour back! I'm not afraid of short hair, I know what my pixie limit is (i.e. how short is IMO too short) and will be going for the kind of cut Sienna Miller had in Factory Girl. Hopefully, if this coincides with my fitness/weight loss drive to get back to a UK size 10, I may even look gamine and elfin, I've always fancied those! I may even be tempted to do before and after pics, but probably in a blog....one day I will get round to that! ;)

ETA Blondie, I just hope I LIKE my natural colour!! Jaqueline, yes I'll not vanish totally, I'd miss you all too much. This is the only social networking site I'm on! Without it, I'd be an Interwebs hermit!!