PDA

View Full Version : Average length of thickies; 4.5"+

Oskimosa
July 15th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I wanted to post this poll because I have thick hair at a 5.5" pony. I want to grow my hair out to my hips but am really concerned about the strain and weight it might put on my neck. I don't want to end up with frequent headaches. So I wanted to find out how long most thickies go and maintain. Tell me if you get frequent headaches or not, if you don't mind, or whether layers help reduce the weight or not.

Periwinkle
July 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'm at BSL with layers and lots of thinning. I hate it. My hair is insanely thick (2" more than yours, even with so much thinning in it) but I just find that the layers get in the way and fall out of things. The thinning doesn't bother me, apart from where I can see that my hair is really much thicker.

The weight never gets to me, though: I guess I'm used to it.

camara
July 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
If I calculated right, I qualify for this poll. My hair has just reached classic and has no layers. I only get hair-induced headaches when it is in a high ponytail. Other than that, I sometimes fail at making buns stay up properly, so sometimes (rarely) I get headaches from small strands of hair pulling unevenly.

Oskimosa
July 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
That's reassuring :) I don't care so much for updos, so I plan to mainly have my hair down. I've never gone more than a couple inches below BSL so I'm a bit nervous. It's still plenty far off, though.