PDA

View Full Version : Notice change in hair after scalp massage?

CoilyCurlyME
January 15th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Hi.
I have decided to do scalp massage daily for the next 6 months, changeing between with and without oil.

I just wanted to ask if any of you is doing it, or have been doing it, and if you did notice a change in your hair? :)

Johannah
January 15th, 2012, 04:01 AM
I want to know this too, actually.

Cjatje
January 15th, 2012, 04:39 AM
There is already a thread about this if I'm not mistaken ;)

jojo
January 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Ive been using a BBB to massage my scalp since last April and the difference ive seen are better quality new growth and also Ive gone from growing 1/4" a month to 1/2", which for me is fantastic!

B-L
January 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I'm also doing this every night before bed. I havn't boticed anything yet, but I've been doing it for just a few weeks. I hope it will make my hair grow faster, but if not, it's still very relaxing :) best is if you can make someone else to do it for you :D
Heeeeaaavenlyyy!!! Lol!

Delila
January 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
My scalp seems happier since I started using a BBB to brush my scalp on a fairly regular basis. I don't do it every single day, but I do it without fail before I wash my hair.

Madora
January 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I've been doing short 5 minute massage sessions (in the bent position for maximum circulation) and have noticed a small increase in growth. I use my fingerpads in "grasping" motions all around my scalp. (Started about 3 mos. ago).

B-L
January 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I've been doing short 5 minute massage sessions (in the bent position for maximum circulation) and have noticed a small increase in growth. I use my fingerpads in "grasping" motions all around my scalp. (Started about 3 mos. ago).

I have also wondered if it should not increase the circulation in your head if you stand upside down. It seems logical ..
Maybe we should regularly stand on our heads while we massage:D

Madora
January 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I have also wondered if it should not increase the circulation in your head if you stand upside down. It seems logical ..
Maybe we should regularly stand on our heads while we massage:D

One other thing, as Dr. George Michael explained in his book, when your head is positioned downward when massaging, your scalp feels "freer" and not as tight when massaging in the upright position. And yes, massaging with the head down has the added benefit of increased circulation.

PixxieStix
January 15th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I like to lay on my bed on my back with my head hanging over the side while I give myself a head massage, it increases blood flow on top of the massaging itself, and gives your arms a good workout too! I've been doing it for a little over a month and some of my thin spots on the top of my head where I wasn't sure the hair would ever grow back have new baby hairs! :cheese: Not 100% sure if this is from the massages or because my scalp is still naturally working on repairing the damage I caused, but I'll take it!

CherrySilver
January 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I always do this in the a.m. and p.m. (detangle, massage, detangle) on a daily basis. Sometimes I even do it while hanging on my inversion board. I may or may not use a topical (oil or water-based), but my daily shed hairs is about nil. The one rare time I got away from my routine, my shed hairs definitely went up.

silverjen
January 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I started doing a daily skritch with a fine- toothed comb this summer. The idea is the same--stimulate the scalp and get the blood flowing. I honestly did not expect anything to change. BUT! My usual winter growth stall simply hasn't happened! I've kept my summer growth rate (0.5") all winter. I'm pretty thrilled.

And yes, I do them bending over. In my case it was to let loose hairs fall into the sink, but whatever works.

gthlvrmx
August 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh wow im motivated to keep going after reading peoples good results! when i did it about a year ago for a month, i saw about 1/4 increased growth rate but i didnt take it seriously so then i stopped. But im starting up again and reading the good new, including the less shedding, is getting me all excited! i also have a stall/slow down of growth in winter, hopefully i wont have it this year with the massages! cant wait! :)