PDA

View Full Version : I have tried and succeeded, Finally!

whit3c00ki3
January 14th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with lilithmoon on youtube (not sure if i found her because of lhc or if i stumbled upon her myself) but she has some amazing hairstyles. I fell in love with this one particular hairstyle and I could not for the life of me do it. It involves tying your hair into knots (not as bad as you may think if you are gentle) and a fishtail braid. Here is the link if you want to try it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxipfU9R6b8
Well I was finally able to do it tonight and here are my results:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9569&pictureid=123825http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9569&pictureid=123824

They are far from perfect especially with all of the flyaways and such but they look decent. =D
Check out her videos if you have the time. They are all very beautiful. Oh and I'm sorry the pics are so big I'm not sure how to downsize them.

Schrei777
January 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
That looks so cool. I can't wait until my layers grow out so I can do these kind of styles without hair poking out everywhere. BTW your hair is beautiful, it looks so shiny and healthy :).

jojo
January 15th, 2012, 02:13 AM
that does look lovely

B-L
January 15th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Wow! Looks so cool! Unfortunately I suck at updo's, braids and such! :(

kaned_ferret
January 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM
another one to add to the list when I get enough length!

Peggy E.
January 15th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Going to check this one out. This is gorgeous!

If it involves a fishtail braid, I'll never do it - I can't figure out that one and am not sure I'm enthralled enough with the fishtail to do the huge amount of work it is going to take for me to master the technique.

My major consideration is basically this: Is it worth going through the pain? Sometimes the answer is "no!"

This is beautiful, though, so it might actually make doing a fishtail worth the effort!

Amber_Maiden
January 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Wow! Very pretty!

einna
January 15th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Very interesting. It is amazing what can be done with our hair :)

PixxieStix
January 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
That is so cool! Congratulations on accomplishing it. :)

Mannaz
January 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
It's so pretty! I like her tutorials a lot but haven't seen this one, thanks for sharing :flower:

Calaelen
January 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Going to check this one out. This is gorgeous!

If it involves a fishtail braid, I'll never do it - I can't figure out that one and am not sure I'm enthralled enough with the fishtail to do the huge amount of work it is going to take for me to master the technique.

My major consideration is basically this: Is it worth going through the pain? Sometimes the answer is "no!"

This is beautiful, though, so it might actually make doing a fishtail worth the effort!

There is no fishtail involved, the finishing step was a rope braid. The OP just worded it incorrectly.

whit3c00ki3
January 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
oh lol i guess it was a rope braid. i did a fish tail braid maybe that's why it was a lot harder haha. Either way the braiding at the end is practically hidden anyways so whatever is more comfortable to do for you. Thank you all for the compliments and I hope you guys can do it one day it really is a pretty updo especially with that one hair accessory she added at the end.

Roscata
January 15th, 2012, 12:22 PM
That came out very pretty whit3c00ki3! :D

Jessykins
January 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
looks lovely :) i watch lilithmoon as well but im far too used to just sticking a hairband in..ill have to start putting it into styles more >_<