PDA

View Full Version : Potential tutorial

Torrin Paige
January 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
So, one of my lovely Facebook gals sent me a link to a really cool hair video. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C2AIJyL41g&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, it's pretty easy with an extra set of hands. However, my old man is snoring on the couch at the moment, and I just couldn't wait to try it out and see if I could replicate it. So, as I often do, I ended up using my teeth as an extra set of hands. Here are the results:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/Hairprojects023.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/Hairprojects022.jpg

I really dig it because the original hair model was somewhere between APL and BSL and it would be a good one for varying lengths. I also like it because this sucker holds with only the ribbon I used - no pins, or hair ties or anything else. And guess what? It's comfortable! So, I'm thinking of practicing a bit (mine is a bit wonky over to the side there) and slapping up a tutorial on how to do it by yourself. I'll have to talk around a mouth full of ribbon at some points, but I really think the results are worth it. Do you? Or am I just in need of some sleep and slightly delusional and overexcited? I get that away about hair sometimes. :shrug:

1hunky5monkeys
January 13th, 2012, 08:11 PM
It's so cool looking! I love it.

Amazinggrace
January 13th, 2012, 08:13 PM
That is stunning!! I really like it. :)

How did you do it by yourself? From the video it looks like you have to have 4 hands.

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 08:14 PM
So, one of my lovely Facebook gals sent me a link to a really cool hair video. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C2AIJyL41g&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, it's pretty easy with an extra set of hands. However, my old man is snoring on the couch at the moment, and I just couldn't wait to try it out and see if I could replicate it. So, as I often do, I ended up using my teeth as an extra set of hands. Here are the results:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/Hairprojects023.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/Hairprojects022.jpg

I really dig it because the original hair model was somewhere between APL and BSL and it would be a good one for varying lengths. I also like it because this sucker holds with only the ribbon I used - no pins, or hair ties or anything else. And guess what? It's comfortable! So, I'm thinking of practicing a bit (mine is a bit wonky over to the side there) and slapping up a tutorial on how to do it by yourself. I'll have to talk around a mouth full of ribbon at some points, but I really think the results are worth it. Do you? Or am I just in need of some sleep and slightly delusional and overexcited? I get that away about hair sometimes. :shrug:

Becky votes tutorial by Torrin! :)

Torrin Paige
January 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM
That is stunning!! I really like it. :)

How did you do it by yourself? From the video it looks like you have to have 4 hands.

I substituted my teeth for two hands. LOL. Instead of winding all the hair at once, I kept one side of the ribbon secure in my teeth while I added and wrapped the other and vice versa. Then I held both ends in my teeth whilst I added hair to both sides and twisted. Rinse and repeat. My ribbon got a bit damp, but otherwise, it wasn't too difficult.

GoldberryHair
January 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ooh! I'll be looking forward to this :)

summerstarlet
January 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
The way they did it in the video with the purple fabric sticking out would look really cool for a wedding. If you used a white fabric instead it would look just like a veil!

sbhonda
January 13th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I really like yours, but I don't really like how it looks in the video. My layered shoulder length hair wouldn't accommodate this yet anyway.

owlathena
January 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Oooh I've never seen anything like that before. I like it!

RapunzelKat
January 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Ooh, do a tutorial please! It's so pretty, I love the ribbon! :D

YesitsReal
January 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I like it. :D Very unique. Plus, no elastics or pins. Cool!

KN2384
January 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM
It's pretty! I love watching tutorials on hair, I say go for it!

Diamond.Eyes
January 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I would definitely enjoy seeing this in my Youtube subscription feed :D! I really like the fact that no metal hair pins or anything like that were involved. I hope you do make a tutorial. :flower:

white.chocolate
January 14th, 2012, 12:22 AM
It looks really nice. I especially love how the ribbon holds it. I don't think I can do it to myself though...

Mommyof4
January 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Wow! It's so unique and pretty! I can't wait to see the tutorial!!!! :D

whiterabbitz
January 14th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Another vote for a tutorial! I prefer your result to the video too. Impressed.

Libbylou
January 14th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Yes to the tutorial

fridgee
January 14th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Yet another tutorial vote! And I agree I actually prefer the way yours looks to the one in the video, and also like the idea of using white fabric to look like a veil for a wedding.

Torrin Paige
January 14th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Alrighty! I will show you how I got around having to have an extra person and do a tut on it, then. Monday, I think - we'll wait for a freshly washed hair day. :)

MasCat
January 14th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Torrin there is never too much of your tutorials!

Ki
January 14th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Yes, would be interested in seeing a tutorial!

ArienEllariel
January 14th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Oh wow, Torrin! Please make a tutorial for this! It'd be so neat!

Yosha
January 14th, 2012, 05:37 AM
It would be great if you could do a tutorial on this style! I find it a bit difficult to understand how to do this style, especially the start of how to insert the ribbon, so I'm looking forward to your tutorial :toast:

Sushi144
January 14th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Torrin there is never too much of your tutorials!

Definitely. :)

kamikaze hair
January 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Definitely. :)

I second this! :D I love all of your hair tutorials.

raveness13
January 14th, 2012, 07:03 AM
That looks really pretty! Please do a tutorial!

Lostsoule77
January 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM
It's funny because yours looks so pretty & I didn't like how it looked in the video at all. I'll be lookind forward to your tutorial! :D

jacqueline101
January 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I love it its cute.

jacqueline101
January 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I love it its cute.

spitfire511
January 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Agreed - I like your better than the vid. :) Tut please! :)

lolabird
January 14th, 2012, 08:08 AM
It's very pretty!

einna
January 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Another vote for tutorial! I cant wait until my hair gets longer, so I can make use of more of your great tutorials! An inspiration to grow just there! :)

lapushka
January 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
This begs for a tutorial. Really! :D

Shesta
January 14th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Oh, I've had this hairstyle targeted for something like an year but I couldn't figure out how to do it only by myself. A tutorial will come by very handy :)

Red_Wednesday
January 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I really like yours, but I don't really like how it looks in the video. My layered shoulder length hair wouldn't accommodate this yet anyway.

I agree, I like the look of your version better. Looking forward to the tut:D.

moon2dove
January 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM

That looks great for your first try!
I think your results are worthy of a 'Torrin Tutorial' ;)

LadyKate
January 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Tutorial please!

LisaB234
January 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I would love to do this - so pretty. I hope you do a tutorial without an extra set of hands - maybe the extra set of hands is for the camera? Your tutorials are awesome! Thanks~

LisaB234
January 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM
OH MY GOSH - just watched the video and I have to comment - Torrin single handedly pulls off a hairstyle that took two men wearing ties to do. . . AND hers looks better - thanks, Torrin!

Red89
January 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
The way they did it in the video with the purple fabric sticking out would look really cool for a wedding. If you used a white fabric instead it would look just like a veil!

I thought the same thing about the wedding look!!

I wasn't really a fan of the finished product in the video, but I LOVE yours Torrin. I would love to see this video come across my subscription videos :D

Torrin Paige
January 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Okie dokie, guys, the tutorial is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDOQjv8DRXg

I ended up calling it the French Bread Pony. I dunno, that IS what it looks like. :)

Jessykins
January 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM
hooray :) i always watch youtube late at night and watch viddies

white.chocolate
January 17th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I just watched your tutorial. It looked really lovely! Thank you! It was a great idea to use teeth! I'll be giving it a go. Unless I do something with the rest of my remaining length, I'm sure the "French Bread Pony" will unravel because of my slippery hair, so I'll probably end up using an elastic before tying the ribbon, or wrapping the ribbon around several times.

healormor
January 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Neat! I learned about something similar to this a few weeks ago, but not as a hairstyle, I learned about it as a technique for curling hair. I took a bunch of pictures and will put them up once I figure out how to. It works very nicely.

Woods Nymph
January 17th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I shall definitely be trying this one tomorrow!
Thanks for the tutorial!

theresajensen
January 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I will def watch this, looks lovely and different from the usual..

Long_hair_bear
January 18th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Very cute tutorial, miss heather, as always. Gotta try it out soon. :D

Update: I tried it and it's not too terribly hard. It's all about utilizing your teeth. :)

Finoriel
January 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Great tutorial as always :thumbsup:
Will have to try that for tomorrow.

(And I love the name :yumm: :laugh:)

AnqeIicDemise
January 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hahaha! I KNEW that bathroom looked quite familiar as did the back of that head.

I didn't bother to read the OP's name until now. -forehead slap-

Manny1826
January 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM
oh i can't wait to try this!!!

patienceneeded
January 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Wow, very pretty! I'll have to try this sometime (with the help of a tutorial?).

lapushka
January 18th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Great! I love watching Torrin's tutorials! Looks like a really neat style. :)

tarn
January 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome tutorial Torrin! This is a great hairstyle - now I just need to find me some ribbon!

Long_hair_bear
January 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Pic is up of my attempt at this in my updo album! :poot:

Lostsoule77
January 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
Love the video, as usual. I think I'm gonna try this one soon. :) Thank you.