PDA

View Full Version : To purple or not to purple? That is the question....

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Ok, nobody panic!!! :justy: I am NOT bleaching my hair! :D I was just thinking about putting purple manic panic on my dark brown hair and seeing what happens. It pry won't show up, but you never know. I just want a purple sheen. :D what do you guys think?

Amber_Maiden
January 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Go for it- see what happens!
think it would end up being a VERY dark purple though....

Aimskylove
January 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
oh please do! I always wondered if I used blue what would happen. :) im interested!

NymphSpirit
January 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
YES! *-* It's damage free and it doesn't last forever, so yes! I think manic panic looks fantastic on darker hair, it gives an unnatural, unique, "glow"

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Well if I decide to, I'll take a pic and let everyone see. I also need to decide between purple haze and ultra violet. Kinda leaning toward purple haze.

http://www.manicpanic.com/besthaircolor/purplehaze.html

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Actually I just thought of something....

I co wash 3 times a week then mineral oil. Not sure how long the purple would last through all that! :confused:

raveness13
January 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Of course that might be a good thing. If the purple doesn't work out, then hopefully it will be gone fairly soon.

spike316
January 13th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Do it, do it! I love having colors in my hair personally, I just don't feel like myself without it. And if the worst that's gonna happen is that it's just not going to show up then why not?

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I might do a strand test like it says to on the mp site. :)

spike316
January 13th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Actually I just thought of something....

I co wash 3 times a week then mineral oil. Not sure how long the purple would last through all that! :confused:

If you're concerned about how long it'll last then you might want to look into their amplified line, they are supposed to last 30% longer. ^_^

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Do it! I already said it in your other thread I think, Manic Panic Vampire Red looks great in my dark brown hair. Pics in my profile. It looks brown in the dark and vivid in the light, especially the sun.

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Oh I already have some. It's left over from when I did dye my hair purple. I may down my co washes to two a week instead of three. A tip I saw was to mix the dye in with your condish to help staying power.

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I wish I had a purple lotus jewel ficcare to go in my purple hair but they seem to be out! Someone needs to sell me one! :(

Lostsoule77
January 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I think it would be great. You probably won't notice it under normal light, but in the sun it'd be blazing and in bright light you'd see a purple sheen. Should be nice all around! :)

spike316
January 13th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I wish I had a purple lotus jewel ficcare to go in my purple hair but they seem to be out! Someone needs to sell me one! :(

Keep watching the swap board! That's where I just got mine! ^_^

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Keep watching the swap board! That's where I just got mine! ^_^

Ya I posted to the swap board. No bites yet. :(

spike316
January 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Ya I posted to the swap board. No bites yet. :(

As I said on the other topic: Just give it time, keep watching the swap board and ebay and if nothing else they should be restocking at the end of February. I was saving up and contemplating for months to get mine since it was kinda a lot to spend on a hairtoy for me. :flower:

luxepiggy
January 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Purple Haze won't show up, it's too light. SFX Deep Purple is supposed to give a purple sheen over dark hair.

If you're sure you'll want to keep the colour forever, I highly recommend Pravana Chromasilk Vivids! But you have to be 100% sure, because even though it's a deposit-only dye it really sticks (^(oo)^)v

Calaelen
January 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM
just FYI, I spent $85 this week on a similar endeavor, and my hair was lighter than yours...I used exactly that shade, and it didn't work, it turned my orangey blonde hair right back its previously reddish brown. Save yourself some money...

My thread was entitled "Going to make a HUGE change", if you want to read the whole chronicle...

Calaelen
January 13th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Purple Haze won't show up, it's too light. SFX Deep Purple is supposed to give a purple sheen over dark hair.

If you're sure you'll want to keep the colour forever, I highly recommend Pravana Chromasilk Vivids! But you have to be 100% sure, because even though it's a deposit-only dye it really sticks (^(oo)^)v

Piggy, is that what you used to achieve your blue?? do you think the purple would work over a henna shade? If this is what you used, where did you obtain it?

Long_hair_bear
January 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hey piggy, thanks for the tip but I already tried that Color and didn't like it. I also have some directions hair dye in deep plum. I may try that. I don't want anything that's permanent because I graduate college in may and will need to find a real job. :(

Long_hair_bear
January 14th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hey everyone! After much thought, I've decided not to purple my hair. It's a lot of maintence and very soon I have to start looking for professional jobs. I'll just have to content myself with purple hair tinsel. :D